Thread: ATTN all SMC Members: Riding skills bulletin

Bike
    Hornet

ATTN all SMC Members: Riding skills bulletin

Kim Ewen and I went and checked out the Wednesday mentor evening tonight. Even as a full license holder I found the evening very useful, in particular the part where we did emergency braking practice with road cones. (I was pleased to discover that the Suzuki stopped in about 20-25 metres at 100kph).

Tonight went a little like this:

A quick check of tyre pressure and brake levers etc first, then a ride out to Bethels beach through some tricky corners though at a very comfortable speed. Then we went to a sealed off car park and practiced cornering/turning, stopping skills etc.

Do yourself a favour and go and check it out, no matter how skilled you think you may be (I knocked over a cone, oh and some guy on a Fireblade with his full license struggled to get through the slalem course).

The same crowd also do a Monday night thing too which I plan to go to next week.

Sweet guys.

Bike
    Like Dani Pedrosa's RC211V now!
    Tonight was interesting. I met Frosty and after riding for almost a decade he taught me some basic riding skills which I think I kinda forgotten after many years riding like a hoon.

P.S. I think the distance of the cones were not wide enough for 1000cc bikes Macstar......Would have been sufficient for 600cc's haha. Oh and I think I did my job of converting Ewen from a Suzuki to a Honda rider muahahaaa
    Don't just live to ride but ride to live.

Bike
    Too many to count
    do they charge anything?

Bike
    Gone
    Nope

[___]

Bike
    Hornet
    Quote Originally Posted by klyong82 View Post
    P.S. I think the distance of the cones were not wide enough for 1000cc bikes Macstar......Would have been sufficient for 600cc's haha. Oh and I think I did my job of converting Ewen from a Suzuki to a Honda rider muahahaaa
    Yes, I was very impressed with the acceleration of your Hondeee Kim. It was deceptively fast with the quiet exhaust, but more importantly for this thread and last night's exercise - it had great brakes!

Quote Originally Posted by motorbyclist View Post
    do they charge anything?
    It's freeeeeeeeeee. And for those that attend reguarly, you might be allowed to come along to the Mt Welly track for a session there too!!

Bike
    01' NZ Postie CT110
    It was a very insightful night, especially the salem and emergency braking stuff.

It was so good that I've bought a small bunch of $2 cones and gonna do some practice around my area.

One thing for sure is that you can never get enough of those exercises!

Bike
    01' NZ Postie CT110
    Quote Originally Posted by Macstar View Post
    Yes, I was very impressed with the acceleration of your Hondeee Kim. It was deceptively fast with the quiet exhaust, but more importantly for this thread and last night's exercise - it had great brakes!

It's freeeeeeeeeee. And for those that attend reguarly, you might be allowed to come along to the Mt Welly track for a session there too!!
    His front brakes were like meat and potatoes..

Friggin good!

Bike
    Like Dani Pedrosa's RC211V now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Macstar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HungusMaximist View Post
    His front brakes were like meat and potatoes..

Friggin good!
    So ditch your Suzuki's and get a Honda CBR Fireblade.......
    Don't just live to ride but ride to live.

Bike
    09, GSX-R 750
    nice guys... yea my front tire was having a hard time on the roads. lucky i get paid tonite. nice to meet all u guys too. looking forward to riding again with u peeps soon.

and yea wed nyts are always good. apparently kitty got told off for throwing cones at people. lol. frosty seemed a bit intense. lol. feel free to cum along wen ever u want ay, and usually we head off to the pub to relax and chat about wat went down, maybe a beer or two. its always good times. lol.

Catch up bros.
    Tim
    Family Guy Freak

Bike
    01' NZ Postie CT110
    Quote Originally Posted by Timaa View Post
    nice guys... yea my front tire was having a hard time on the roads. lucky i get paid tonite. nice to meet all u guys too. looking forward to riding again with u peeps soon.

and yea wed nyts are always good. apparently kitty got told off for throwing cones at people. lol. frosty seemed a bit intense. lol. feel free to cum along wen ever u want ay, and usually we head off to the pub to relax and chat about wat went down, maybe a beer or two. its always good times. lol.

Catch up bros.
    Tim
    Ha, it was good meeting you brother. You should meet up with Stephen sometime as he rides the orange 1997 TLS, now you guys can be TL brothers. He'll be pretty jealous of your tasty blue one!

Now on the another note, Kitty Hawk runs Monday nite rides at Pamure Mobil at 7pm. Any of you's here live out east should attend!

Bike
    '08 DR650
    orange is closer to red

Thread Information