Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: YSS suspension brand?

Bike
    Anything with two wheels

A Slightly Different View...

Hello Kiwi Bikers!

My name is Max McAllister, and I am President of Traxxion Dynamics, Inc.

I know many of you are familiar with our name and our products. Robert T did an exceptional job of representing our products for several years, and he sold dozens and dozens of NZ racers and bikers our AK-20 Axxion Cartridge Kits.

I know that dozens of races and several NZ National Championships were won using Traxxion AK-20s, at least through 2005.

It was only through reading here that I learned our parts were "in the bin", and "direct rip offs of Ohlins Products", and "consigned to history" in NZ.

I am saddened to hear this!

I will accept the statement that my design is a "copy/ ripoff of Ohlins 98 model Superbike pistons with Race Tech size porting" as a compliment of sorts...

For certain, we have never copied anything Ohlins has ever made, to this day. They still have not made any piston, of any diameter, that looks like our parts. Ohlins Superbike forks use 25mm internals, and we don't use or believe in, use, or recommend 25mm cartridges unless you are stuck with them.

A copy is a copy...

I was the first to marry a valve high-flow (Typically Showa, but also modeled by Race Tech) piston with a digressive external ring into a single part. Both OEM Showa and Race Tech made a high flow linear piston, and the Ohlins SB piston was digressive only on the low speed side (dishing shim stack)... the tiny ports in the Ohlins piston (high speed) are actually progressive, which is one key area where bump harshness comes from. Anyplace that has bumps will appreciate having these removed. I have heard through the grapevine you have some bumps in NZ!

So if taking facets of other designs and combining them into a fashion that no other company had ever done, makes me a rip-off artist... then I guess I am guilty. I thought I was being inventive...

Anyway, as far as our products being "consigned to history"... I can't see how our kits were good enough for Tony Rees to win a championship with in 2005, and in 2006 or 7 they are "in the bin".

Our products have not stopped winning races elsewhere in the world!

In fact, we are the 1st, and only company in the world to have a fully Supersport Legal, bolt in, gas-charged fork cartridge kit, the AK-Gas. We have sold scores of sets of these around the world. Their quality and function is unmatched. At least one other major suspension manufacturer in the world will be selling them under a private label in 2008.

AMA Privateer Jake Holden (Jordan Motorsports) used our AK-Gas cartridges on his GSXR1000 Superstock Bike to stand on the box many times in 2007, consistently outqualifying and beating the factory teams. At the final race of the year at Laguna Seca, he Set Pole, won the race, and Set the Lap Record.
    (PS, he did this without a single valving change or adjustment during the entire 2007 racing season...).

Consigned to History?

In the Bin?

I don't think so.

One thing I have found to be fact: Suspension tuners in every country on Earth think there is something special and hard to work with at the tracks in their country, and they convince their local racers of the same. A bump is a bump, a hole is a hole, a crack is a crack. They all exist in tracks all over the world.

I do undertand that your bumps are pointing down from the earth and ours point up here in the States... but your bikes should weigh less, and hit the bumps with less force since you are hangin' off the bottom of the earth... ... seriously, though...

I have worked at racetracks in the USA, Canada, Japan, Austrailia, Qatar, England, France, Italy, and Spain. It's not the black magic it's cracked up to be.

I have only seen one track in the world that was so bad, I wasn't sure any brand of suspension mattered, and that was Shubenacadie, in Nova Scotia, far Eastern Canada... the snow and ice that's there for months on end destroys the pavement, LITERALLY. Other than that... there's not been any track I have seen that required anything mystical to make a bike go around it.

We have gone to great lengths to make products that work for racers at all levels, that don't require constant rework (never mind having to be reworked before you even use them) and the constant attention of an expert tuner. Couple that with our pricing which is far below that of any comparable product, and I think you will find Traxxion products to be a winning choice, and they will add great value to your racing program.

If you have any questions, please email me, max@traxxion.com .

Sincerely,

Max McAllister
    President
    Traxxion Dynamics, Inc.

Bike
    Mid 80s superbike, Mid 00s superbike
    Who else is keen to see Shaun, Robert, and Max in a good old fashioned schoolyard fight?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean View Post
    Ok im coming out of my closet just this one time , I too kinda have a curvy figure which makes it worse beacuse im a guy. Well the waist kinda goes in and the bum pushes out. When I was in college the girls in my year would slap me on the arse and squeeze because apparently it is firm, tight... I wear jeans
    .....if I find this as a signature Ill hunt you down, serious, capice?

Bike
    GSXR450
    Quote From MR MAX
    Quote Originally Posted by max@traxxion.com View Post
    One thing I have found to be fact: Suspension tuners in every country on Earth think there is something special and hard to work with at the tracks in their country, and they convince their local racers of the same. A bump is a bump, a hole is a hole, a crack is a crack. They all exist in tracks all over the world.

Hahahaha so dam true Max So nice to have you speaking your mind in the New Zealand motor cycle community

YES, we have had our differences, but your product always worked extremelly well for me ( Supplied by Rob T) I did rubbish the odd thing you said to Rob, but that is life eh, every one has there own opinion!

(PS) The PENSKE you sent to Rob, is still about as well mate, in Fact, I own it now!!!! It does look a bit different, but really still is a Penske

A fix is a fix is a fix---- who gives a shit if it was not fixed by the only importer tinkerer of a certain product

Look out Max, there will be a 3 letter no named person having a go at you soon as well, another party that likes to try and glorify there own existance using lots of words, but not really getting anything done, apart from telling more lies

I,ve got $ to invest in your product to be your agent out here from now on! are you interested? Ken @ K Teck ( We discussed this when he travelled 7 hours to see me in hospital in the UK a few months back, ) has got me on 4 Courses next year at his factory in the UK, doing shock Fork re building training programmes, apart from that, there is 3 guys in this country that I would employ to do any internal work Proffesionally.
    I fear the day technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots! ALBERT EINSTEIN

Bike
    None
    Quote Originally Posted by HDTboy View Post
    Who else is keen to see Shaun, Robert, and Max in a good old fashioned schoolyard fight?
    Hey Im taller and heavier than Max or Shaun but dont believe in brawling as the ''ultimate form of diplomacy''. Max, ''in the bin'' was a little bit harsh when in fact they are rattling around in a corner of my ever increasing parts inventory. As for ''rip off' yes you can take it as a compliment because it was a marriage of the obvious, and yes those 98 Ohlins pistons were only ever intended for world championship ''billiard table'' tracks. Shaun and I had that very discussion years back. Everything is a variation on several themes, it seems. The Traxxion piston is a good one, but the settings needed refinement. Ohlins make a 25mm digressive piston that doesnt look too dissimiliar to yours ( which we also had )and we used briefly with success until we more recently embraced the ''shim stack mid valve'' concept.

The fact is people started asking for the Ohlins 25mm cartridge kits which place emphasis on the mid valve shim stack as the main area of control for compression damping, something which you seemed to have a bit of ''inertia'' to. We won both major road racing champs last year with them and now have overall settings and variations that are working very well on our varied tracks. Everyone is blown away at the performance improvement and Ohlins updates are constant.

I am gobsmacked at how many I have sold despite a higher price than Traxxion. I do have some ( minor ) servicability concerns with the AK20s that I have eluded to you in the past, but that is between you and me. We carry out servicing and recon in a proffessional manner.

The Ohlins product we primarily distribute by and large serves the NZ road racing scene very very well and I never ever made any secret of that to you. Traxxion also have a number of clever products, as do a few other companies. But primarily we push the Ohlins flag because at the end of the day their engineering and R & D base is huge and highly effective, and many new products are coming through with ongoing development.

No product is without issues, it is how quickly they get resolved either at source or within the country of distribution. I dont think anyone needs to get into a bunfight about that.

Bike
    Anything with two wheels
    Sorry guys, you can your popcorn out of the microwave. There'll be no scrap here.

I like Robert and we have been friends for some years. He wouldn't be successful if he wasn't great at his trade. He's #1 in NZ for a reason.

I don't frequent internet chat lists, because basically, I just don't have time.

But it's surprising how many folks drop me a line when I need to pop into a forum and give a little more info to a topic at hand...

The best way to get me is to send an email to my box, and I will reply usually the same day, but since we are so far apart, cut me a little slack, and I'll get to you within a day!

Bike
    06 scrambler,xrl,
    Blog Entries
    I truly hope Rob, Shaun, and now Max continue to frequent this forum, as the knowledge and open discussion is fantastic for Kiwi riders.
    The jibes and taunts are also enjoyable.

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    It's far more entertaining when the participants actually know what they're talking about, unlike the usual diatribes we have to put up with
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vifferman View Post
    Ah... I dunno.
    The usual lack of eloquence, insults, and bad language is pretty entertaining.
    There are many who are proficient at insults, bad language and lacking eloquence though. If you were to point in any direction in a crowd of kbers you'd come up with 5 of them instantly.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Bike
    GSXR450
    Quote Originally Posted by max@traxxion.com View Post
    Sorry guys, you can your popcorn out of the microwave. There'll be no scrap here.

I like Robert and we have been friends for some years. He wouldn't be successful if he wasn't great at his trade. He's #1 in NZ for a reason.

I don't frequent internet chat lists, because basically, I just don't have time.

But it's surprising how many folks drop me a line when I need to pop into a forum and give a little more info to a topic at hand...

The best way to get me is to send an email to my box, and I will reply usually the same day, but since we are so far apart, cut me a little slack, and I'll get to you within a day!

WEll said Max, RE Robert and his quality! I fully agree, Robert is guy who does brilliant work.

Time does move on ( as me and Robert Ohlin's have) But I will never ever bad mouth his true brilliant skill, of work man ship, absolutely lovely, if that is what you need.

I am here, as I always have been, to try and help my fellow bike riders, if I happen to get a couple of dollars for all my time great, I mean, I have spent 23 years racing bikes, because I love them and the game> That much, that I am actually going back to the Isle of man TT next year now to race again

I fear the day technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots! ALBERT EINSTEIN

Bike
    None
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    WEll said Max, RE Robert and his quality! I fully agree, Robert is guy who does brilliant work.

Time does move on ( as me and Robert Ohlin's have) But I will never ever bad mouth his true brilliant skill, of work man ship, absolutely lovely, if that is what you need.

I am here, as I always have been, to try and help my fellow bike riders, if I happen to get a couple of dollars for all my time great, I mean, I have spent 23 years racing bikes, because I love them and the game> That much, that I am actually going back to the Isle of man TT next year now to race again

And I wish you the very best for that. That you have bounced back with so much determination is incredible.

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Either you scrambled your brains in your accident or you're a hard c*nt. Good on ya.

Bike
    GSXR450
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Taylor View Post
    And I wish you the very best for that. That you have bounced back with so much determination is incredible.

Cheers Rob. but you know me very well, and I never take a kicking, with out giving one back even better

I am now better than I was before the crash, and very keen and gratefull to life and all the people on here that have helped me, cheers all.

And, thankyou for our past work together.

Bike
    GSXR450
    Quote Originally Posted by Mental-Trousers View Post
    Either you scrambled your brains in your accident or you're a hard c*nt. Good on ya.

Not Scrambled Not hard, just now know 100% fact ,that the accident was not my fault/mistake, it was a part failure. NOT A SUZUKI PART you honda riders ba hahahaha Bugger

Bike
    GSXR450
    Quote Originally Posted by tri boy View Post
    I truly hope Rob, Shaun, and now Max continue to frequent this forum, as the knowledge and open discussion is fantastic for Kiwi riders.
    The jibes and taunts are also enjoyable.
    It did take a while ( And my crash) to get Rob here, but we have him now, load those emails to him chaps and chapessssses
    he is not really that busy

Sorry Rob

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Not Scrambled Not hard, just now know 100% fact ,that the accident was not my fault/mistake, it was a part failure. NOT A SUZUKI PART you honda riders ba hahahaha Bugger
    That'd scare me even more. If it was my fault I'd know not to do that again, but to ride that hard you have to have absolute, total faith in the bike and that must be very hard to do after having a part failure that nearly killed you.

Thread Information