Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Manfeild trackday, Sat. 05/01/08 CDMTC

Bike
    2007 CB900
    CDTMC .. well done ... had an awesome day with my times improving each round ... which is kinda cool cos I am kinda slow .... had a great time learning the lines and practising not braking ... must admit that was a fun part!

Bike
    GSXR 750 (No 10)
    Quote Originally Posted by cowpoos View Post
    spill the beans??? what happened??? and did ya give jimbo the learn?
    Learn? I got learned so bad by Sherriffs and the Bernard boys I issued pooh particles into my leathers. I mean shit god damn those dudes are fast. As for the Piston broke boys, well I served them all up like a well prepared piece of duck liver pate.
    Superdukes. Serving up shame to sportsbikes since ages ago.

Bike
    99 RSV Matte Mille, Bus 150 & 121
    Povey and Yoshie both passed you in one lap ...

Got a mint photo of you three boys exiting the sweeper.
    "If life gives you a shit sandwich..." someone please complete this expression

Bike
    GSXR 750 (No 10)
    Quote Originally Posted by skelstar View Post
    Povey and Yoshie both passed you in one lap ...

Got a mint photo of you three boys exiting the sweeper.
    You mean when I hand my hand up and came into the pits? Yeah people usually pass me when I do that.
    Superdukes. Serving up shame to sportsbikes since ages ago.

Bike
    2 black ones..black is alway's good
    CDTMC .. Thanks for a great, well organised day.
    First time on the track and loved it. There is however a down side to yesterday.

I want a faster bike..

The track really showed how outdated the technology of my suspension is. Found I was having to brake much earlier than I would have liked, just to enter the tighter corners in control. And watching guys go past as if I was standing still when I was fully open showed how much less power I had.

I want a faster bike..

Did I mention... I want a faster bike..
    I'm only wearing black until they develop something darker

We came, We listened, And in one voice we answered
    BULLSHIT!! BULLSHIT!! BULLSHIT!! BULLSHIT!! BULLSHIT!!

Bike
    1963 Ford Thunderbird
    Good to hear you all had so much fun, but then the big smiles on everyone's faces were a bit of a give-away! It would have been a bit more skin-friendly if the clouds had rolled in - you'd think slapping sunscreen on arms, legs, etc would trigger the memory to also do the back of the neck and ears but every year I forget!

It was a great ride up and there were some gorgeous bikes out on the track. Very sad for me to see my first bike - the beloved RG150 I learned to ride on many years ago - seize along the middle straight but good to see it was still in one piece and hopefully it's repairable. I still have great memories of all the fun I had on that bike in the four years I owned it.

Lovely to not see crashes too, they take the shine off the day for everyone.
    Yes, I am pedantic about spelling and grammar so get used to it!

Bike
    Massey ferguson 7495 dyna-vt
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo600 View Post
    Learn? I got learned so bad by Sherriffs and the Bernard boys I issued pooh particles into my leathers. I mean shit god damn those dudes are fast. As for the Piston broke boys, well I served them all up like a well prepared piece of duck liver pate.
    mate...with skills like that...your gunna have to start racing bro!!

and I have just the track bike for ya!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Given the short comings of my riding style, it doesn't matter what I'm riding till I've got my shit in one sock.

Bike
    04 ZX10R 98 ZX9R #10
    Where are all the pics?? Shocked that it is near lunchtime the day after and there has been one pic come out online.
    Who was the guy standing in the middle of the track with a camera? Was he a professional and where are his photos?

Nearly all men can stand adversity and hard time, but if you want to test a mans true character, give him power....
    YouTube Videos
    MY PICTURES

Best place to stay in Hawkes Bay here

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Well, what a great day that was! I put a 10,000 rev limit on myself in interest of preserving poor bike. I went in the fast class as the race class was full of serious nats contenders on their last shake down before the nats start, so they didn't need me poodling about I did a bit of testing myself. I've been plagued by size 13 hoofs hitting the deck on the track, but with the 750 being my road bike and my legs already being cramped by the low seat height, have resisted putting on rear sets. I read the aussie supersport boys were using 190's on 600's, so decided to use a 195/70/17 rear. It is a huge tyre and jacks the back up. It worked, got right to the edges of the tyre, the boots got a minor hammering instead of a major one and I also got faster steering into the bargain. Tyre diameter was so large, went one down on the front sprocket to compensate! So bike handling best yet,

I took my wife for a ride on the back round the track. Last time we did that was 18 years back on a GSXR1100. She really enjoyed it, but said she remembered feeling safer on the 1100. She told me this morning she worked out why, the 1100 had more power, what a gal!
    Next up for the pillion ride was Chanceyy. I thought I was paying her back for all the help she gave me on the bike a few months back (I offered a road ride in return) Turns out, it was just for the yummy chocolate cake she had baked and I still owe her the road ride! We started at the back, and ended up at the front behind the pace rider, have no idea how that occurred?

After a good ole chin wag, zipped over to a friends place in palmy, dropped the bike off and went to the movies with the kids. Pizza, F & C's and a big hamburger for dinner, then jumped back on bike and over the windmills to home, as one does

Was great to put for faces to handles, I enjoy the social side as much as the riding. And yep, really looking forward to the next one!

Bike
    An old slow red one!!
    What a fantastic day from a spectator’s perspective. HOT HOT HOT – had to take Max out for quite a few wee walks into the shade of a band of a trees out the back but he LOVES being around the bikes, and for a wee dog, he is incredibly well behaved. Nice to catch up with those that I knew and wonder about others that I thought I recognised from KB or other places.

I missed the first couple of rounds but then caught most of the rest (although fair to say I was pretty focused on the ‘race’ rounds). Really good skills displayed out there, although a pity a couple of riders in all the classes appeared to ‘chop up’ others as they rode through back markers etc. I guess that comes from not really knowing better?

Really good turnout – I was being (or rather, trying to be!) helpful to the scrutineers (the REALLY important job with the stickers… ha ha ha) and even though I am allergic to numbers, I reckon I wouldn’t be far wrong if I said that there were over 150 bikes.

It was great to see so many different gorgeous bikes out there (and HEAPS of Ducati’s – very envious to see those lovely 1098’s out there love those tri coloure models Tony, Matt you looked mighty fine out there!!), and so many ladies out there having a go – big ups to you all. Even those riders of both sexes that looked a bit tentative for their first time (?) gained heaps by the end of the day, and the huge smiles as they came off the track told a story of their own.

Next one 2nd March? I will be there – might even see if I can twist an arm or two and get ‘the mans’ race bike lowered for a day so I can have bit of a poodle as well…. (yer riiiiiiiiight!)

and / or

Follow me on Facebook

A husband is someone who, after taking the trash out, gives the impression that he just cleaned the whole house.

Bike
    Honda NSR300 track hack
    Must say it was a great day and Thanks to the Central Districts club for putting on such a well organised, well priced track day. It was awesome guys!

I really enjoyed getting on the bike and doing some laps. It's the first time i've felt comfortable on the bike at manfeild (mind you, only 2nd time ive been out) since my big crash so that was great.

Laps times were still down considering the condition of the track. I managed a one off 1:17 in the last session but it's not a race day so quite normal for times to be down (for me anyway)

Oh yeah I hope someone got some photos of a ratty looking RS125 (#47)

Bike
    06 Bandit GSF 1200SK6
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post

I took my wife for a ride on the back round the track. Last time we did that was 18 years back on a GSXR1100. She really enjoyed it, but said she remembered feeling safer on the 1100. She told me this morning she worked out why, the 1100 had more power, what a gal!

It was good to see Moe there & even better on the back of the bike .. am sure she said she brought banana cake .. but did not spy it next time ..
    Next up for the pillion ride was Chanceyy. I thought I was paying her back for all the help she gave me on the bike a few months back (I offered a road ride in return) Turns out, it was just for the yummy chocolate cake she had baked and I still owe her the road ride! We started at the back, and ended up at the front behind the pace rider, have no idea how that occurred?
    hehe yup gawd that was fun fun fun .. & great to learn lines but need to see them while on the road since thats where i do most of my riding ... hehehe .. I know how we managed to get from the very back to just behind the lead rider ... combination of horsepower & the fantabulous riders experience ... the "hot laps" wow loved it

Was great to put for faces to handles, I enjoy the social side as much as the riding. And yep, really looking forward to the next one!
    the social aspect is definately what makes the day whole IMHO
    Have to Karma ... Justice catches up eventually !!

Bike
    Hornet 900
    Thanks for the couple of laps showing me lines sugilite, it helped heaps.

Bike
    GSX1400K7special edition

Manfield Central Ddistricts MCC

How did the track day at Manfield go? Any reports to share with KB????

Bike
    Repsol Blade & SV pro twin
    I had a ball getting to grips with the SV650. First time on it and pretty sure I got into the 1.18s by the end of the day.

Got past another well known SV650 race bike who will be my competition again this year in VMCC series.

The new seal is awesome although I don't know if the seams at splash will last long as there were stones and asphalt from the edges of the patches flicking off the rear wheel of the bike in front.

The sweeper is fantastic. As is the hairpin.

Well done to the CD club for a very well run day. I was very surprised that there was not much carnage (nearly none at all) given the number of bikes present.
    Visit the team here - teambentley

Thanks to my sponsors : The Station Sports Cafe and Bar | TSS Red Baron | Zany Zeus | Continental | The Office Relocation Company | Fine Signs | Stokes Valley Collision Repair | CBWD Digital Media Inbound Marketing

Thread Information