Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Manfeild trackday, Sat. 05/01/08 CDMTC

Bike
    2002 SV650S
    Quote Originally Posted by chanceyy View Post
    if you can take your mirrors off & tape x across lights indicators

its funny because the last time i did that it felt weird ,and i kept glancing over at where the mirrors used to be ,felt a little unsettling and took a little getting used to for me ,but this time ...ill be prepared :cool
    Kiwi Biker - Keeping you up with the latest gossip...no matter where you are
    signaturepics/sigpic12191_4.gif

Bike
    06 Bandit GSF 1200SK6
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornet250Boy View Post
    its funny because the last time i did that it felt weird ,and i kept glancing over at where the mirrors used to be ,felt a little unsettling and took a little getting used to for me ,but this time ...ill be prepared :cool
    as long as you hold your line its up to others coming up behind you to pass safely ..you will also sense someone coming up .. & at least it will not be a cage or truck up your ass .. just another biker
    Have to Karma ... Justice catches up eventually !!

Bike
    2002 SV650S
    as long as you hold your line its up to others coming up behind you to pass safely ..you will also sense someone coming up .. & at least it will not be a cage or truck up your ass .. just another biker
    yea will have to keep mindful of keeping steady lines etc hmmm haven't had many cars up my backside except for those bloody "car enthusiasts " around town grrr "calls the *666 number to dob em in for racing"

Bike
    Tojo and nothing. Damnit.
    you can swap group through the trackday a ,as i dont want to be stuck at 120kph down the back straight lol ,and i dont consider myself a slow rider,maybe medium group ?
    You can change. If it is you first track day go out in the slow group in at least your first session. Go out towards the back of the group so you don't get stuck behind the marshal rider (If there is one).

The marshal will keep a lid on it down the straights, but won't be a newb and will go around the corners faster most.

Bike
    02' ZX6R
    So Welly crowd what is a good time to be leaving WGTN?? Shall we meet up at Shell Mana again??
    Need something to do when not riding??? Come and learn to dance with us at www.cerocstars.co.nz

Bike
    Hornet 900
    We are going to head up on the Friday and stay the night, so will see you there.

Bike
    None, sold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakshow View Post
    So Welly crowd what is a good time to be leaving WGTN?? Shall we meet up at Shell Mana again??
    Last time I think we left Shell Mana at (shudder) 6:30. I also vaguely remember this being too early as the magic maccas was shut. So how about we leave from Shell Mana at 7, leaving time for maccas eaters to get there a bit earlier and feed their collective faces. Or is it just me?

Dave
    Signature needed. Apply within.

Bike
    2002 SV650S
    Quote Originally Posted by Kendog View Post
    We are going to head up on the Friday and stay the night, so will see you there.
    damm you guys/gals have a long ride to get up here ,must take it out of ya haveing to come so far

Bike
    Repsol Blade & SV pro twin
    damm you guys/gals have a long ride to get up here ,must take it out of ya haveing to come so far
    Manfeild is a dawdle to some of the road trips/track day excursions some of us have been on.

I should be keen - I want to see Drew do a 1.15 on a Whornet - and if he does, I want to be passing him.
    Visit the team here - teambentley

Thanks to my sponsors : The Station Sports Cafe and Bar | TSS Red Baron | Zany Zeus | Continental | The Office Relocation Company | Fine Signs | Stokes Valley Collision Repair | CBWD Digital Media Inbound Marketing

Bike
    Hornet 900
    It's more to do with going out for a nice dinner, having a spa bath and motel room.

One day you will understand

Bike
    2002 SV650S
    It's more to do with going out for a nice dinner, having a spa bath and motel room.

One day you will understand
    lol hope your bringing ya blinged hornets down

Bike
    2002 SV650S
    Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post
    Manfeild is a dawdle to some of the road trips/track day excursions some of us have been on.

I should be keen - I want to see Drew do a 1.15 on a Whornet - and if he does, I want to be passing him.
    man i just want to get round the track without crashing my tank katana lol

Bike
    06 Bandit GSF 1200SK6
    be good to catch up with you guys again .. btw wots happening new yrs ??
    Have to Karma ... Justice catches up eventually !!

Bike
    Hornet 900
    lol hope your bringing ya blinged hornets down
    Only one blinged hornet left and it will be there.

be good to catch up with you guys again .. btw wots happening new yrs ??
    Be good to catch up, I am not sure what our plans are for new years yet.

Bike
    04 ZX10R 98 ZX9R #10
    haha omg yea didnt think of that ,hmmm ok no excuses now

you can swap group through the trackday a ,as i dont want to be stuck at 120kph down the back straight lol ,and i dont consider myself a slow rider,maybe medium group ?
    give it a go but go out in the slow group first up. If you dont get right up behind the marshall right off the get go then it is not as slow as you might think it is. It will definitely pay to get used to the track before you move up in the speed classes.
    dont worry about what is behind you on the track. Just concentrate on smooth predictable lines and if a faster rider comes up behind you then it is their responsibility to get past you. If you keep looking at your mirrors or (even worse) over your shoulder then you are more likely to miss a braking marker and overshoot a corner. Just get out there and circulate to start with and once you get the hang of it you will be fine.
    Fuel is no problems. Wont be looking at any lap records so just show up with a full tank and you will not use it all in a day.

Nearly all men can stand adversity and hard time, but if you want to test a mans true character, give him power....
    YouTube Videos
    MY PICTURES

Best place to stay in Hawkes Bay here

Thread Information