Thread: Advice on selling up?

Bike
    In between atm

Advice on selling up?

Hi there, hope I'm OK to put this in this section of the forum.

I am looking to sell my 1990 Honda VFR400 NC30. It is largely cosmetically sound, however there are a few bumps and scrapes here and there.

On selling it, the bike would come with a spare set of used but good condition tyres and a spare reg/reg.

The bike currently has a self-installed manual fan switch as the original stopped working. I am looking to get a replacement part, however I don't know if I'll be able to get one in time.

The bike runs brilliantly and starts first time in this weather.

I have gone one down on the front sprocket which has had a very noticeable effect on acceleration, however I have lost around 20 k/s from the top end. The bike now reaches 180 k/s before it starts to stutter and struggle.

When I changed the sprocket, I also replaced the chain so it will have less than 200 k/s to it. I have not replaced the rear sprocket as it is fine.

The exhaust can is, I believe, only half baffled, and as such, is quite loud. I haven't found this to be a problem however, it certainly alerts people to my presence.

I have never crashed or dropped the bike whilst it's been in my ownership. The rego however is running out at the end of next month, if I remember correctly.

The set of tyres currently fitted to it are a set of Dunlop GPR A-10's. The spare tyres are; Front: Bridgestone, Rear: Shenko. Shinko. Something!

How much do you think I should be asking? Ideally I am looking for at least $5000 as the money is going towards a plane ticket to England.

I have attached a picture of the bike to help judgement:
    http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...1851394bf3.jpg

I hope you can help, any advice will be really appreciated. Thank you very much.
    Last edited by Cajun; 18th December 2007 at 18:02. Reason: added more stuff - Image to large

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    You bastard. Right before Christmas.

I'd have to sell the Katana and put the Christmas presents on Trademe.

How long have I got to raise $5k?
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Husky TE310, 2 Buckets and a ZXR250C
    Hate to say this but from memory, the bike has rather high k's.
    5 Grand's realstic but i think your more likely to get 4600 maybe 4800 for it but hey what do i know!.
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...-131130820.htm

Re : The fan. you could hook up a really simple circut using a Theromstat and a transistor or two and just get rid of the switch under 10$ easy.
    Just would have to find out what temp the fan come's on and figure out what the resistance of the thermostat is at that certain temperature. Easy enough to do.

Best of luck.
    Kyle.

Bike
    Best Bitza Bucket 2008 BoB
    Blog Entries
    Does it come with the little girl?

Bike
    1986 honda vfr 750f, dr650 tardish
    re the fan: look in dismantlers for parts. I found a replacement swithch for a cbr400 that slotted right in. Activates at the same temp as well as far as i can tell. look for honda models from a similar decade
    dont break your cake

Bike
    In between atm
    Mileage is 73, 715 k/s, or 45, 804 miles. Not too bad for an 18 year old bike.

Aiming to leave around Feb/March so hoping for a sale over the next month or so.

Cheers for the advice on fan switches, will go round the dismantlers this week and look out for one. Not too keen on replacing a circuit with another circuit, so will look out for other Honda switches as advised.

Bike
    06 625 SMC
    What do ya plan on getting when you sell? You gettin outa bikes or just getting a bigger one?

Edit:
    Ooh, I just read the whole post. Why ya going back to England?
    Last edited by Aero165; 26th December 2007 at 14:38. Reason: I'm stupid

Thread Information