Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Mods thread: Hyosung GT250R

Bike
    1995 Kawasaki Ninja
    Quote Originally Posted by woodhillkamikaze View Post
    I had my blue green wire pulled out and then realised that the bike performed better with it in. Talk to the guys at Mt Eden Motorcycles (they are Hyosung Dealers) they'll confirm that pulling the wire out is BS. It goes better the way they built it!
    I had lags etc when changing gears which was very annoying to say the least. Now that the wire's back in it rides like new!

Bike
    XV 535
    Blog Entries
    thats cos you dont have a hyosung...

It could be different for a kawasaki
    Quote Originally Posted by nodrog View Post
    you dont get 180+ hp out of 998cc by being nice to trees.

Bike
    Hyosung gt250r
    Blog Entries

Brake Lever

Do you know where I can find a brake lever for a Hyosung Gt250r mate? Mine snapped off like a twige

Bike
    Hornet 599
    Blog Entries
    Cycle treads, Mt Eden motorcycles... Where do you live.

Bike
    CBR600RR, WR250 smoker
    Quote Originally Posted by arno View Post
    Do you know where I can find a brake lever for a Hyosung Gt250r mate? Mine snapped off like a twige
    jump on korider.com and have alook around. you will find some good info

Bike
    wr250yz 2001
    do yourself a faver and get a new aftermarket brake master and lever set the hyo one is shit well the lever is at least

ive used 3 now 2 of wich broke in my hand not from the crash
    sponsors:
    A.P.R. auto plastic repairs
    09-838 9769 pete
    1/9 Woodruffe Ave Henderson Auckland

Bike
    Cammy (2008 CBR1000RR)
    I might pull my CDI wire tonight, or at least take a look.

I've got a couple of #100 main jets and a high-flow K&N filter sitting at home to be installed this weekend. I'll let you know of the results when it's done.

What does JFK charge for a dyno + fuel/air run? The place I got my filter from said $140.

Any idea what they do with the 'airbox mod' at JFK? is it just a desnorkling of the stock filter?

I'm going to cut up the stock airbox to fit my new filter in there so that she's still weather proof.

Bike
    Hyosung GT125R 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by EnzoYug View Post
    That's exactly what I did - only a little neater. Didn't actually 'Cut" the wire, just removed it from the plug and insulated it. If anyone wants to do this but is worried about getting the wrong wire try this:

Hyosung GT250/R 2006/7 (NZ new imports)
    1. Open up the seat.
    2. Un bolt the CDI unit. (small black brick next to the relays)
    3. Disconnect the Brown plug from the CDI. BE GENTLE.
    4. Get a very small Alan key - preferably one that will fit into on of the circular holes in the 'male' end of the brown plug.
    5. Locate the Green/Blue wire.
    6. This wire should be in the same position as in Pancakes photo - if it is in a different position DO NOT REMOVE.
    7. Use the alan key to carefuly push the copper contact out of the plug. It should pop out the other side with the wire, blue plastic bung, and copper contact all in perfect condition.
    8. Tape up the end of end of the copper contact VERY thoughly with electrical tape. If you have some kind of plastic insulation to cover it as well I suggest using that.
    9. Tuck the loose wire back into the loom.
    10. Reattach the CDI.
    11. Power up the bike but DONT start it. Check all your lights work, and check the digital dash if you have one.
    12. If everything works fine continue - if anything has stop working then stop here - you've fucked up.
    13. Fire up the bike. Let it idle. Listen for anything odd - firing on one cylinder etc... normal? Good!
    14. Test the kill switch. If it doesn't work, you fucked up.
    15. Everything works go ride the bike. You should notice a VERY smooth power curve now.

Extra for experts: Go buy a nice big exhaust, or get yours debaffled. Then get a new air filter, then get it re-jetted. (being cheap and not getting the re-jetting will fuck your bike in the long run) Enjoy the most powerful Hyobag on the block.
    A great guide that seemed plausible, so I went outside today and cut the green/blue wire. Everything worked and it seemed to have more power in the mid-register. But it could also be a placebo since this is the first ride this year.¨
    But I did not however disconnect the brown wire... Will this affect performance/reliability in any way?
    Oh, and I got the 125cc version with 15 hp, if that matters to this mod.

Bike
    '18 DRZ400SM
    Never cut. Disconnect. Don't do anything you can't reverse in 5 minutes.
    "It would be spiteful, to put jellyfish in a trifle."
    \m/ o.o \m/

Bike
    Cammy (2008 CBR1000RR)
    What Tires are good to chuck on the GT250R?

my shitkos are reaching the end of their (short) lifespan, ~11k km

Bike
    '18 DRZ400SM
    BattleAx

10motherfuckin'char
    "It would be spiteful, to put jellyfish in a trifle."
    \m/ o.o \m/

Bike
    2006 hyosung gt250r
    hi!
    i am from ukraine. I have hyosung gt250R 2006 year and i have some problem on 3-third step on 5700 rpm
    2 hours ago i disconect green-bkue wire and after work i will try modification

YYESSSS!!! I HAVE NO PROBLEM ANYMORE WITH 6000rpm. ENGINE IS A ROCKET

but my friend have this problem and he not have green-blue wire on CDI. he have old old CDI ? we dont understand what do with hes CDI

Bike
    08' Hyosung GV250 Aquila
    Quote Originally Posted by FilthyLuka View Post
    You would need to be doing something real wrong for it to fuck it up catastrophically, will probably just run a bit dodgy.

Now that you've done the easy stuff, you can:

1) Port and Polish, all you need is some carbide bits, a marker pen, some gaskets, some time, a micrometer, a telescopic lever thingie that pops out and measures inside diammeters (cant remember what it is called), some more time, a scriber... okay you need alot of shit, but thats not the point!
    2) skim the head, find out the distance between valves and piston when they are closest together, skim head appropriately. Or skim even more and mill the piston...
    3) Mirror polishing, lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of sanding...
    4) high compression pistons... you know you wanna
    5) 50/50 mix of 101 race fuel and 98

acceleration and all...

I've done 2 of the above (port and polish, mirror polishing), cleaned out the engine, debaffled the exhaust, put a velocity stack on the carb, jetted the carb appropriately, added some fancy HT leads and a big arse fuck coil too. added tooth on front sprocket. I've seen 150km/h according to Mr. GPS and got there pretty quick. Round town is perfect, sits at about 5500rpm at 100km/h. Dyno run said 36hp at the wheel.

Did i mention this was on a gn250?

All fun and games eh

But seriously, who cares about top speed? i mean, 150, sure, woohoo, zx10 does 280 without caring...

Have fun with your bike, don't blow it up now

Denis
    Hey guys,

Just read the post, does anyone know if this mod will also work on the GV-250? from what I know they are the same engine. Just wondering if they run the same type of CDI setup.

Bike
    2009 hyosung gt250r
    hey mate, iv got a gt250r 09 hyosung, im tryna find where in auckland i can get re jeeting kits. iv just got a new demon can, wana run it with out the baffell, before i got it i opened my air box intake just the stantdard box and moved the needle settings back to to highest point. riding home today she lost power on motor way at 7grand. any ideas or info would be really appreciated.

Bike
    2009 hyosung gt250r

re jetting for a hyo thats gangsta leaning

howsit? does any one have any info on where i can get re jetting kits? and how much do they cost? brought the demon can, wiped off baffell, riding on motorway around 7g it lost power and cut out on me, before i fitted the can, i modified the original air filter box opening it rite up to allow more air intake, then set the needle settings to its highest point, running the demon is not working, so shes parked in the shed. does anyone have any info, comments id appreciate it.

Thread Information