Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Mods thread: Hyosung GT250R

Bike
    a green and silver lazy suzi
    Quote Originally Posted by EnzoYug View Post
    160kph? Easy.

First I'm light, low sixties kg wise, second - I had a good straight to blat on, third - the bikes faired, third - It didn't really have a double blowout, just a nasty puncture and skid but kept her up.

And assuming the speedo is 10kph out at 150 - I could still get mine up to 170-180 with the right conditions, exhaust and airfilter etc...
    strap a GPS onto your tank and bring yourself back down to earth dude. the standard hyobags wouldn't put out that much power even at your light body mass/weight and with the speedo misreadings taken into account you would struggle to pull that off without engine mods. the list of mods you want to do will make ytour bike certainly a little different than the standard hyo though
    Come on, Toshi, come on!

Bike
    Gn125
    What does the tank protector that comes with it look like. Has it got a picture of a demon screaming by chance?
    While you sit there liking things just cos' everyone else does, I'll be standing up here keeping it real.

Bike
    Repsol Blade & SV pro twin
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaver View Post
    There is nothing wrong with the shinkos. I have done over 10000k's on mine and havn't had any problems.
    No ? Didn't they let go round a corner, or were you braking at the same time ?
    Visit the team here - teambentley

Thanks to my sponsors : The Station Sports Cafe and Bar | TSS Red Baron | Zany Zeus | Continental | The Office Relocation Company | Fine Signs | Stokes Valley Collision Repair | CBWD Digital Media Inbound Marketing

Bike
    Gn125
    I know I wasn't on the brake mid corner. Alright I admit that incident is one that might not have happened if I have good quality tyres.
    I'm not saying they are the greatest tyre ever but they arn't as shit as alot of people say they are. However when the time comes for new ones, I wont be buying Shinkos
    While you sit there liking things just cos' everyone else does, I'll be standing up here keeping it real.

Bike
    Nood Hyosung 2fiddy
    ...................................Fourth: Bling her out. New high-wattage head lights,....................
    I have done a new light loom and bulb on mine and it's way better. Yours will be two H7's (?) not one H4 like mine but I can do a loom for you if you'd like. See below for a pic of one I just finished for another KB'er.

Quote Originally Posted by shaneh View Post
    Just one question, how on earth do you get your bike up to 160 km/h ?
    I can't get more than 130 km/h out of mine (naked, full throttle, chest on the tank in top gear). Is my bike rooted or am I too fat (75kg) ?
    Cos the GT-R reads 10-12% fast and the naked only reads 4% fast. Cheaper than making two different motors and drive trains eh!

haven't read the whole thread but will soon, looks interesting. Lots of Hyo's around now. Confidence and holding your line smoothly will help those Shinko's along too! I don't think they are so bad that you need to get rid of them before you have some K's outta them. Mine go ok leaned over thats for sure!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Loom for Col.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	91.1 KB 
ID:	80538  
    I'm selling my new riding gear!! Only worn a few times get a deal Kiwibikers!!
    http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...53#post1414653

Bike
    '18 DRZ400SM
    ...Seems like I started a trend with that Exhaust.
    "It would be spiteful, to put jellyfish in a trifle."
    \m/ o.o \m/

Bike
    2017 GSXR 750
    Quote Originally Posted by nudedaytona View Post
    Faaark, mine does 140 in 3rd or 4th without really trying, and I haven't even hit the powerband yet
    dude ... had mine up to 176 on the clock and i'm 80Kg

Bike
    xxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Aa7 View Post
    strap a GPS onto your tank and bring yourself back down to earth dude. the standard hyobags wouldn't put out that much power even at your light body mass/weight and with the speedo misreadings taken into account you would struggle to pull that off without engine mods. the list of mods you want to do will make ytour bike certainly a little different than the standard hyo though

Hey man, dont piss on my dream! Besides I'm gonna NOS it... :P

But seriously I've had the bog-standard Hyo 250(R) up to 163. That's on the shithouse speedo tho, so worst case scenario (10% out) I was only doing 146kph. And that's flat with no wind.

Tail wind, down hill (big hill mind you) with un-retarded CDI, new air filter/box, straight-flow exhaust etc... I reckon she'd do 160-165(ish) for real.
    "I have this really bad problem with not finishing my..."

Bike
    xxx
    I'm not saying they are the greatest tyre ever but they arn't as shit as alot of people say they are. However when the time comes for new ones, I wont be buying Shinkos
    The first thing I did was loose the Shinkos. 4000k service - bang! off they come. GT501 Radials, never looked back.

Amazing tyre, it'll hold everything plus more than my 250 can give it. Save up, buy the tyre. You'll live faster, be safer and feel more confidant.

Bike
    xxx
    What does the tank protector that comes with it look like. Has it got a picture of a demon screaming by chance?
    I forget. I gave mine to a friend, but I'll ask him for a photo. He was quite stoked with it.

Bike
    CBR600RR, WR250 smoker

Tail wind, down hill (big hill mind you) with un-retarded CDI, new air filter/box, straight-flow exhaust etc... I reckon she'd do 160-165(ish) for real.
    but with no more to get you out of the shit if you need it... if you want more speed why not get a faster bike?

Bike
    xxx
    Quote Originally Posted by 325rocket View Post
    but with no more to get you out of the shit if you need it... if you want more speed why not get a faster bike?
    I don't want to go faster. Well, actually that seems to contradict everything I've said so far. What I mean is that I don't want to go faster than 150 - not on this bike. What I do want is to GET TO 150 asap. I want acceleration, my bike does 90% of it's miles in the city - so top end is not the goal.

Having a great looking 250 the can flick around every thing else when I need it to, and get out of the corners nice and quick when I'm on the corro loop. That's the goal.

Not a power machine with 7 gears and top speed rivalling most light aircraft. That's for next year.

Bike
    -
    But seriously I've had the bog-standard Hyo 250(R) up to 163. That's on the shithouse speedo tho, so worst case scenario (10% out) I was only doing 146kph. And that's flat with no wind.
    Aren't top-speed 250cc pissing contests fun

I wouldn't be surprised if it could crack 150kph. My bike -- which has 1 less horsepower than the Hyos -- can supposedly hit a true 145-150kph (haven't tried it myself, don't like treating the engine that way). It's naked, too. Significantly lighter though.

Anyway that's very boring.

That's an ambitious list if you're going to do like most people here and sell their 250. I'm all for 250cc blingage, but I will be keeping my bike. If I only had a year to wait I'd just put up with it stock, which is hardly very bad.

Bike
    Gn125
    I think it should be able to manage a tonne with all the go fast parts, but that'll be pushing it, because no matter how much horsepower you have, the gear ratios are still the same. At 160 plus you'll be very near the redline

Bike
    xxx

update: hyopower!

So the GT250R project is rocketing along:

Work completed so far:
    Un-Retarded Ignition - DONE! Removed the 'magic wire' from the CDI unit and now my bike no longer passes NZ Emission laws for newly imported vehicles! YAY! And holy shit does she accelerate now, the smoothest power curve since my CBR. FEEL THE POWER OF HYOSUNG!

Straight Flow Exhaust - DONE! Installed my SD Carbon fibre exhaust. Apart from the fact that the bike now rocks straight to the red-line in any gear, the exhaust is very cool looking and very very cool. So cool I went for an hours blat last night and afterwards could put my hand straight onto the carbon fibre - merely warm. No more accidental burns

New Indicators / Lights - DONE! New higher wattage headlights and clear (not orange) indicators. Apparently these indicators will be standard on the 2009 bikes.

New Tyres - DONE! GT501 Radials. The best (all rounder) a Hyo can get.

Still in the works....
    I've just ordered a STEBEL Magnum horn, HEL Steel Braided brake lines, BMC air filter, DP Scintered brake pads and Pazzo race levers. When I take her in to the shop I'll get her re-jetted to suit the new setup.

On that note - Anyone know a better workshop for HYOSUNGS than Red Barron? I'm leaning towards JFK... any ideas?

Thread Information