Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Mods thread: Hyosung GT250R

Bike
    Nood Hyosung 2fiddy
    Quote Originally Posted by FilthyLuka View Post
    Cheers
    No worries, sounds like you've done enough work to deserve a "nice one"!

I know bout the running lean will cause all sorts of nasties, but surely that extent of lean-ness (is that the term im lookin for? something like that) wont be caused by a replacement air filter and a free flow pipe?
    I wouldn't say that it WILL happen but with the power difference you can get from those mods to a Hyosung and that it is still a small bike so sitting on redline at WOT is still very likely I think there would be a really good chance the heat stress would get that high.

Oh, and dude who started this thread whose name i can't remember because the back button is all the way up there, i know a guy out in henderson called warren bridges, the guy is a master with carbs, PM me if you want his number. He doesn't charge an arm and a leg either
    PM sent also, I need to get the carbs done in mine so I can start using the straight pipe.
    I'm selling my new riding gear!! Only worn a few times get a deal Kiwibikers!!
    http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...53#post1414653

Bike
    Gn125
    Quote Originally Posted by 325rocket View Post
    has sorted all my "unpredictable" cornering issues
    Did that take out that flat ocassional flat spot around 6000rpm?
    While you sit there liking things just cos' everyone else does, I'll be standing up here keeping it real.

Bike
    xxx

acceleration and all...

I've done 2 of the above (port and polish, mirror polishing), cleaned out the engine, debaffled the exhaust, put a velocity stack on the carb, jetted the carb appropriately, added some fancy HT leads and a big arse fuck coil too. added tooth on front sprocket. I've seen 150km/h according to Mr. GPS and got there pretty quick. Round town is perfect, sits at about 5500rpm at 100km/h. Dyno run said 36hp at the wheel.

Did i mention this was on a gn250?
    Wow. Nice going. I was going to wait till the basics are done till I start fucking with the engine. Did you do port/polish yourself? How 'involved' did it get? I'd be quite keen to give mine a go once the basics are done and a bit of guidance would be fricken awesome!
    Last edited by EnzoYug; 24th December 2007 at 00:33. Reason: I cant spell!
    "I have this really bad problem with not finishing my..."

Bike
    xxx
    Quote Originally Posted by 325rocket View Post
    DONE !!! its about a 2 minute job and has sorted all my "unpredictable" cornering issues. before i had to feather the throttle to get back on the gas now its smooth as...
    Great to hear! More power to the hyo I say!
    "I have this really bad problem with not finishing my..."

Bike
    MV Agusta Brutale 1090R 2015
    I've seen 150km/h according to Mr. GPS and got there pretty quick. Round town is perfect, sits at about 5500rpm at 100km/h. Dyno run said 36hp at the wheel.

Did i mention this was on a gn250?
    I think I may have seen you round.
    A few months back I was at some lights next to a guy on a GN, and he absolutely smoked me when we took off.

Surprised the hell outa me!!

I always suspected it wasn't standard...either that or it was a GN400

Bike
    04 R6
    Quote Originally Posted by disenfranchised View Post
    I think I may have seen you round.
    A few months back I was at some lights next to a guy on a GN, and he absolutely smoked me when we took off.

Surprised the hell outa me!!

I always suspected it wasn't standard...either that or it was a GN400
    i live out your end of the woods so may very well have been me

Quote Originally Posted by EnzoYug
    Wow. Nice going. I was going to wait till the basics are done till I start fucking with the engine. Did you do port/polish yourself? How 'involved' did it get? I'd be quite keen to give mine a go once the basics are done and a bit of guidance would be fricken awesome!
    Yeah, i did the port and polish myself. Took awhile to get everything the same though. Pretty much just slap the gasket on, outline the metal between the port and inner ring of the gasket, then take of some of that. The hardest bit is getting them the same, but a expansiony T looking thingie and a micrometer will do the trick for that. Oh, that and forking out for carbide bits...

Its pretty simple, you just gotta be make sure the ports are the same. Hell, im sure you would see an increase in power if your just wipped the head off and sanded out all the little burrs and bumps from the ports!

Bike
    Gn125
    a expansiony T looking thingie
    Its called a telescopic gauge
    While you sit there liking things just cos' everyone else does, I'll be standing up here keeping it real.

Bike
    04 R6
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaver View Post
    Its called a telescopic gauge
    Thats the one! bling for you my friend

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Tis nice to see such an enthusiastic thread. Keep it up chaps.

Bike
    06 GT250R Electric Mango
    Quote Originally Posted by EnzoYug View Post

Eight: Tail hugger & Tail tidy unit. Rip off the shovel on the back of the bike and enjoy all the road shit leaving a stripe up my back. Then get a tail hugger installed along with chain guard to match - for ideas see Warlock's GT250R.
    http://www.korider.com/forum/modules...ewtopic&t=5812

No cost tail tidy for you

Bike
    Nood Hyosung 2fiddy
    Quote Originally Posted by EnzoYug View Post
    It can look the same but a "polish" and a "port" are different things. Polish your own stuff by all means. Remove dags and casting marks. Match up the manifolds to the heads etc and generally shine it up. Basicly factory but in a tidy way they don't bother doing because of mass production.

Porting is more sculpting the intake and outlets to give different flow characteristics and can be better or worse for your performance. This is where knoledge of fluid dynamics, years of experience and a flow bench are real handy. Bigger isn't always better and with porting your not just tidying up but reshaping the unit. I have seen some race car heads where the tuner actually fills in some areas a wee bit and polishes that so it's a completly different shape from the factory one. Especially when tubroing a non-turbo head etc.

Like any mods, one thing at a time, a little bit at a time and try try again. Have fun!
    I'm selling my new riding gear!! Only worn a few times get a deal Kiwibikers!!
    http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...53#post1414653

Bike
    04 R6
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancakes View Post
    It can look the same but a "polish" and a "port" are different things. Polish your own stuff by all means. Remove dags and casting marks. Match up the manifolds to the heads etc and generally shine it up. Basicly factory but in a tidy way they don't bother doing because of mass production.

Porting is more sculpting the intake and outlets to give different flow characteristics and can be better or worse for your performance. This is where knoledge of fluid dynamics, years of experience and a flow bench are real handy. Bigger isn't always better and with porting your not just tidying up but reshaping the unit. I have seen some race car heads where the tuner actually fills in some areas a wee bit and polishes that so it's a completly different shape from the factory one. Especially when tubroing a non-turbo head etc.

Like any mods, one thing at a time, a little bit at a time and try try again. Have fun!
    i agree with Mr pancakes, if you dont have some serious tools and know how at your disposal, doing just a polish is the best bet.

Bike
    CBR600RR, WR250 smoker
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaver View Post
    Did that take out that flat ocassional flat spot around 6000rpm?
    100%.
    the connector you remove from the connecting block isnt like the normal ones that lock them self in so you only have to push it out. its held in by a rubber grommet type thing so just push it out dont cut it.

Bike
    Gn125
    I have just removed the wire and taken the bike for a test ride, and the power was sooo smooth. Very lurvely

Bike
    06 GT250R Electric Mango
    My problem is my accountant (aka wife) wont let me upgrade at this time. Have a mortgage to pay. Although did find a nice SV650s

Anyway, I have semi debaffled and was thinking over Xmas I might do the polishing.

Whats the cost to do a skim? And mod the air filter?

Once these are done, I then get the carbs rejetted?

Thread Information