Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Mods thread: Hyosung GT250R

Bike
    2007 Hyosung GT250r
    I have removed the ignition wire but havent noticed anything strange with the tach. I have noticed it is much smoother changing gears, both up and down. I had high expectations after reading what others had written and I didnt feel disappointed so something good happened

I noticed the flat spot alot, particularly in 3rd, it would start at 5000rpm and would return to normal as soon as it hit 6000rpm (perhaps I shouldnt be at 5000rpm in 3rd ).

I will keep an eye on my Tach in case I have just not seen what you describe.

Bike
    06 GT250R Electric Mango
    Well my rangi-rear end tail tidy had a small setback on the Coro Loop.........lost a bolt on the number plate

Ended up removing my rego and used the bolt from that to secure my number plate again

As for the CDI unit, on the Coro Loop I noticed that as has been said above the gear changing was a hell of alot more smoother and no more flat spot issues. Had no problems with my tach after doing it

Bike
    2008 Hyosung gt250r
    Blog Entries
    lol, maybe my tach is just fubar :P.... and im sure your tail tidy wasnt half as rangi as mine... it was done on new years when i was drunk with a wood saw .. XD

Bike
    2007 Hyosung GT250r
    Maybe reconnect the wire and see what happens to the tach?

Bike
    2008 Hyosung gt250r
    Blog Entries
    yeah i reconected it and it did the same for about 3 days thn it come right, so i decided fudge it ill cut it and who cares about the tacho and now its running sweet no problems at all just some weird luck i guess

Bike
    2007 Hyosung Aquila GV250
    I hope nobody is actually cutting the wire, you can just remove the plug, then with some tweezers push the metal tab that holds the connector into the plug heat shrink pipe to isolate the connector and done.

Ive done it that way both to my GV, and to the wifes GT no problems on either model.

Bike
    2008 Hyosung gt250r
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rphenix View Post
    I hope nobody is actually cutting the wire, you can just remove the plug, then with some tweezers push the metal tab that holds the connector into the plug heat shrink pipe to isolate the connector and done.

Ive done it that way both to my GV, and to the wifes GT no problems on either model.
    lol no way im way too simple for that... snip snip

Bike
    2012 Bandit 1250SA, 2006 Hyosung GT250
    Quote Originally Posted by rphenix View Post
    then with some tweezers push the metal tab that holds the connector into the plug
    Well I spent around 10 minutes looking for some tweezers/pliers when I did mine, and then gave up and cut the wire
    I finally got my knee down! …and my shoulder …and my pillion’s head.

Bike
    2008 Hyosung gt250r
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Well I spent around 10 minutes looking for some tweezers/pliers when I did mine, and then gave up and cut the wire

Lol sweet im not the only one... no biggie, its not like im actually want to conect it again

:Edit:Man im either asian or really drunk when i post on here.... who can guess which

Bike
    Latest "mod"

Yuasa YTX14-BS Battery, as my stock one has died and wouldn't hold a charge (1.5 years, 17000k's)

Bike
    2008 Hyosung gt250r
    Blog Entries
    Fitted some "neon" lights under the read and in the front cowl on mine looks pretty funny at night time :P

Bike
    2000 Honda VTR1000
    This is my second reply on the KB forums.
    Thought I'll list the mods as see what outher think.

I've got the 2007 GT250R -Red with black frame

Mods this far:

1) Progrip tank pad (not really a mid)
    2) Removed the retard wire from CDI
    3) Screaming Demon Stainless exhaust
    The guy who makes these on OZ custom made mine WITHOUT the Screaming Demon logo plate riveted to the pipe.

4)
    Carbie jet kit - YET TO ARRIVE FROM USA
    (includes needle shim, primary and main jets, throttle slide, air filter and modifactions for air box)

Will let you know how the bike runs with the jetkit.

My thoughts on the mods:

SCREAMING DEMON EXHAUST
    In my opinion, after installing the straight through exhaust the bike ran slightly slower below 6-7k rpm and above 7k a little better, overall don't expect much from an exhaust mod except a nicer sound.
    The bike runs a little lean, you can tell from listing to it run when it's hot... and over the last 1000kms the burble when backing off the gas is getting more noticeable.

REMOVING THE RETARD WIRE IN CDI
    To be fair, this made almost no difference. I double checked to make sure it was the correct wire. Yes the power curve is smoother, and the flat spot is gone but in all honesty this mod is over-rated.

JET KIT
    Hadn't planned on buying this however the bike is starting to burble when backing off the gas after the free-flow exhaust was fitted -hasn't started 'popping' yet.
    TSS Motorcycles said there is no need to rejet, they'll just raise the needle or do a carbie swap. I wasn't happy with what they were suggesting or the price is was going to cost just to raise the needle so ordered the whole jetkit from the states and will fit it myself. -Hopefully this will make a noticeable increase in the performance.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post
    Fitted some "neon" lights under the read and in the front cowl on mine looks pretty funny at night time :P
    Photo?

I have some red "neons" under mu 50cc scooter to piss off the boy racers

Bike
    2008 Wee Strom
    Quote Originally Posted by EnzoYug View Post
    This thread is all about my sexy GT250R, or at least it will be - I'm starting to customise it now that I've hit 8,000k without the slightest problem. So here's a list of what I've done so far and what needs doing. I'll update as I go.
    While this magazine is not always the most exciting reading you may find an article in the JAN/FEB "Australian Road Rider" magazine worth a look (Red Guzzi Norge on the cover).

Project "Nightfighter - it's a 650 Comet that they've done a heap of mods on. It might give you a few ideas?

Bike
    '18 DRZ400SM
    Quote Originally Posted by Filter_nz View Post
    JET KIT
    Hadn't planned on buying this however the bike is starting to burble when backing off the gas after the free-flow exhaust was fitted -hasn't started 'popping' yet.
    TSS Motorcycles said there is no need to rejet, they'll just raise the needle or do a carbie swap. I wasn't happy with what they were suggesting or the price is was going to cost just to raise the needle so ordered the whole jetkit from the states and will fit it myself. -Hopefully this will make a noticeable increase in the performance.
    Honestly, i'd only re-jet if you alter the air box/filter as well. Then again, how are you going to know if you have the jetting right without perfecting it on a dyno. Sounds like a risky operation by yourself, i'm leaving mine to the pro's with the proper tools.
    "It would be spiteful, to put jellyfish in a trifle."
    \m/ o.o \m/

Thread Information