Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Cook Strait Ferries Megathread

Bike
    2014 Honda VFR1200F
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DMNTD View Post
    Wooooo hoo! I didn't even bin!
    A huge thanks to those that gave me a bed and helped with directions and generally tolerated my cheeky arse.
    Do we take it from this that unit didn't crash the R1 & knew where to put the keys when she had finished ?
    bikes and babes are best naked

Quote Originally Posted by oldguy View Post
    MONEYI don't have any
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom View Post
    I found I had a fluffy seam when my crotch got wet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lula View Post
    Pussy forget about him.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Lets see...

Bourbon stops: check
    Ride Akaroa: check

Ride West coast: nope
    Karamea/Haast: nope
    Takaka Hill: nope

Ride just about any great road in the South Island: nope... he did do Nelson>Murchison>Lewis Pass>Chch. Then rode the East Coast north

You sir, have let the North Island down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    Loud and hoony
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    Lets see...

Ride just about any great road in the South Island: nope... he did do Nelson>Murchison>Lewis Pass>Chch. Then rode the East Coast north

I think he just might be back. And unlike some other people - not to mention any names - at least he issued a warning before he came down here.

Good to know you're back hom win one piece mate.
    It is preferential to refrain from the utilisation of grandiose verbiage in the circumstance that your intellectualisation can be expressed using comparatively simplistic lexicological entities. (...such as the word fuck.)

Remember your humanity, and forget the rest. - Joseph Rotblat

Bike
    900 Hornet, Preddy, RZ's, A100's
    Blog Entries
    Ah well, testing the water so to speak - maybe we can have him tag along when we ride down again ...

All good there, glad to see you have finally got over there and seeing what all those other buggers have been yammering on about ...

The South Island sucks doesn't it? (I know, I know, they said we had to keep reinforcing that point )
    "I like to ride anyplace, anywhere, any time, any way!"

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikkel View Post
    And unlike some other people - not to mention any names - at least he issued a warning before he came down here.
    We sorta did that... what, a couple of days or something. Any more, and people would have had time to refuse my SI passport

Quote Originally Posted by gijoe1313 View Post
    The South Island sucks doesn't it? (I know, I know, they said we had to keep reinforcing that point )
    Indeed sir, so terrible, natives hostile, roads worse than SH22, why would you go down... leave it to them
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    Bikeless.NNnnnooooooooo!
    Blog Entries

And left the SI well alone....bit like the much discussed SI invasion in May

So did he actually get off the ferry and spend a night down there? After all Picton Nelson Murchison Chch Picton is just a good (big) days ride....

Bike
    Nada
    Quote Originally Posted by jafar View Post
    Do we take it from this that unit didn't crash the R1 & knew where to put the keys when she had finished ?
    Hehehehe...yep the R1 is still in one piece

Lets see...

Quote Originally Posted by gijoe1313 View Post
    Ah well, testing the water so to speak...

Quote Originally Posted by LBD View Post
    ...Picton Nelson Murchison Chch Picton is just a good (big) days ride....
    Not from Tauranga it isn't. I spent 3 days and 4 nights...averaged 420kms per day and had a great time with good people I met on the way.
    I did what I set out to do...have a bourbon or 568 in the Sth Island and if I had the spare time I would've seen a hell of a lot more.
    Saving the 'proper' ride through the Sth Isle for when I have 2 weeks spare and shall do it with Unit

Bike
    hmx 500
    [B]

Not from Tauranga it isn't. I spent 3 days and 4 nights...averaged 420kms per day and had a great time with good people I met on the way.
    I did what I set out to do...have a bourbon or 568 in the Sth Island and if I had the spare time I would've seen a hell of a lot more.
    Saving the 'proper' ride through the Sth Isle for when I have 2 weeks spare and shall do it with Unit
    ONYA YA!!!YOU GOOD BASTARD YOU,,,(I WANA GO TO THE SOUTH ISLAND)
    DUCATI ALL THE WAY!!!

Bike
    A few
    [
    shall do it with Unit[/B]
    Now that ya know the way to the Ferry terminal !
    Good to shoot the shit with ya mate, on ya for stoppin in !
    A girlfriend once asked " Why is it you seem to prefer to race, than spend time with me ?"
    The answer was simple ! "I'll prolly get bored with racing too, once i've nailed it !"

Bowls can wait !

Bike
    2001 R1

A huge thanks to those that gave me a bed and helped with directions and generally tolerated my cheeky arse.
    Not like I had a choice in the matter!!!!

ALL HE DID WAS WHINGE ABOUT THE WEATHER!!!!!!

Haha and he got beat by a girl on superbikes 08

Bike
    Bikeless.NNnnnooooooooo!
    Blog Entries
    Hehehehe...yep the R1 is still in one piece

Gladit wet your appitite for a real visit...lots of friendly KBers down south.

My NI invasion starts october....to the top. My breif visit in Jan wetted my appitite for more up there....

Bike
    98 xv virago 1100

Blah Cook Strait ferries?

In january if the weathers ok would like to jump on the bike and head on down to Nelson. what i would like to know is what is the chance of getting a booking if you turn up on the day,as apose to booking well invance and having crap weather.any comments on which carrier Bluebridge/Interislander
    Cheers Mike

Bike
    2006 Yamaha FJR 1300A aka Fat Jandal
    Quote Originally Posted by 2senuff View Post
    In january if the weathers ok would like to jump on the bike and head on down to Nelson. what i would like to know is what is the chance of getting a booking if you turn up on the day,as apose to booking well invance and having crap weather.any comments on which carrier Bluebridge/Interislander
    Cheers Mike
    I have only missed out once by just turning up on the day but best to ring and make a booking on the day or the day before.

To be sure I usually book in advance and then you can change it by making a call almost up the 1 hour before departure (that's on a group booking code - well worth joining Ulysses or another club to get this discounted rate and service)

The above applies if there are no major events going on of course.

Cheers

Stu
    Next event...

Aussie - Melbourne - Perth - Darwin - Alice - Melbourne... April-May 2011

Bike
    2017 Suzuki Dl1000
    I usually book in advance for the latest crossing that I want, then turn up at an earlier crossing and try my luck. there is only once that I haven't managed to on earlier. By booking you can also get cheaper rates than just turning up.
    Time to ride

Bike
    RATS & RICE
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 2senuff View Post
    Cheers Mike
    Depends on when in January Mike.....As I work for Bluebridge I can tell you that up until about the 13/14th of January most of our sailings are rather full although we do put on extra sailings over that busy period..

but being on a bike your chances are rather high and you don't have to worry about the peak season price hike either.....

Thread Information