Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HOW TO MAKE 49cc POCKET BIKE FASTER?

Bike
    2007 cheap chinese pocket bike

HOW TO MAKE 49cc POCKET BIKE FASTER?

Hey guys, i just recently bought one of the cheap chines pocket bikes on trademe for 200 . i weight 90kg so u can expect it not to go fast, just wondering what are some good value for money modifications to make it quicker..... also where can i get parts and performance parts for it around auckland? would a performance air filter do much /? Thanks

Bike
    2007 cheap chinese pocket bike

also just wondering how long should i expect this bike to last? in terms of, full tank wise? im on my 4th tank now....

Bike
    81 katana 650 fighter.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Superiornz View Post
    also just wondering how long should i expect this bike to last? in terms of, full tank wise? im on my 4th tank now....

4.5 then kaboom.

mods to make it quicker....

put 'bike' (used loosely)in car.

take to scrap metal dealer.

put cash towards proper bike

Bike
    RC36, WR, RS250, GSXR1000, Duke250, IZH
    I don't know about longevity but the best bet for performanceis to ride it as is for a while to get your skills up then buy a faster model with al the extra bits on it from factory, by the time you pay for them on your current bike it will probably be the same price, ten you will have al the better bits on a brand new bike and a spare bike.

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Put a GSXR1000 motor in it.
    Vote David Bain for MNZ president

Bike
    . .
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash View Post
    Put a GSXR1000 motor in it.
    No he said he wanted it to go faster

Bike
    Polini 910, GP3 Ducati
    Go fast bits full cyrcle stuffer crank.. high compression 2 piece barrel with added boost ports... high rev expansion chamber... how far do you want to go .... you'll get 4.5hp max from a daytona ( factory 3hp) but the difference is very knoticable when compaired to standed. Longivity.... how long is a pice of string lol my first bike I raced it every second weekend (I'm almost 100kgs)at kart tracks and used it alot during the week for two years then sold it on and it's still running now 3 years later ... even if they do crap them selfs there not expensive or hard to fix... piston $10 ring $8 barrel $30 hell sometimes you can pick up a whole engine on TM for $90 new. You dont have to have the fastest bike on the track to win races either you just need to know how to get ya knee down lol

Bike
    PopTart Katoona
    Blog Entries

Typed from Shanghai

The guys here seem to chuck stickers on them....... LPG forever. forever.cn
    No but on a serious note here are some free mods:
    - take the carb off, polish with some wet/dry on the intake
    - Weld the rear suspension up if it has it, replace front forks with non-suspension ones (if they have them).
    - Shave a slight edge on the tyre, so you can lean better.
    - remove any crap that is not needed, lights etc.
    - Debaffle the pipe
    - Run an iridium plug if you can afford it.
    Reactor Online. Sensors Online. Weapons Online. All Systems Nominal.

Bike
    Polini 910, GP3 Ducati
    Avgas.. great advise but not for this kind of bike.... as they have no suspension front or rear , no lights horn or anything for that matter it's just a chassis with wheels brakes and a 2 stroke 49cc engine and no real muffler. Iridium plugs are not an option either for the stock engine (they run the same type of squat pulg a weedeater uses) and I wouldn't shave the chinesse tyres as there isn't much of them to shave lol

I'd just be guessing here but I would say most of the people that have responded here have never seen a pocket bike close up.... you guys need to come take a few laps on one at a track.... it's good fun cheep motor racing.

Bike
    SV1000, ZX6R, FZR400, CBR250,FXR150
    Hey Whitetrash, I wouldn't put a GSXR1000 in yours mate. You have difficulty staying on a 10hp 39cc bike aye!
    Granma

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadgit View Post
    Go fast bits full cyrcle stuffer crank.. high compression 2 piece barrel with added boost ports... high rev expansion chamber... how far do you want to go .... you'll get 4.5hp max from a daytona ( factory 3hp) but the difference is very knoticable when compaired to standed. Longivity.... how long is a pice of string lol my first bike I raced it every second weekend (I'm almost 100kgs)at kart tracks and used it alot during the week for two years then sold it on and it's still running now 3 years later ... even if they do crap them selfs there not expensive or hard to fix... piston $10 ring $8 barrel $30 hell sometimes you can pick up a whole engine on TM for $90 new. You dont have to have the fastest bike on the track to win races either you just need to know how to get ya knee down lol
    All this is good advice from someonw who knows a lot about these bikes. Going real slow and wobbling around a corner then hooning down the straight will not win you a race.
    One of the mad men who races at Mt Wgtn has has his Daytona for 3 yrs and
    has done a couple of minor repairs, (clutch, engine mounts and footpegs). That bike is fun to ride.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Superiornz View Post
    Hey guys, i just recently bought one of the cheap chines pocket bikes on trademe for 200 . i weight 90kg so u can expect it not to go fast, just wondering what are some good value for money modifications to make it quicker..... also where can i get parts and performance parts for it around auckland? would a performance air filter do much /? Thanks
    Do a Trademe search under 'perfomance' in the motoring section.
    There are quite a few there.

Bike
    '87 CR500, '10 RM144
    Put a bigger carb off a chainsaw and a K&N on it, made a HUGE difference on my workmates one.....you'll have to be a bit inventive with the mounting/throttle cable though....
    Drew for Prime Minister!

www.oldskoolperformance.com

www.prospeedmc.com for parts ex U.S.A ( He's a Kiwi! )

Bike
    81 katana 650 fighter.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthrax View Post
    No he said he wanted it to go faster

dahamnnnn

trashy better stop drop n roll ...because that was 3rd degree burnz.

Bike
    Polini/Grc Rep
    I have a daytona, which has at least twice the power now.

Buy a performance head/piston kit off trademe. $50-$100 Check you have the 12mm piston pin, not the 10mm one.

This is excelent value, considering what you get.

Yes you will have to rebuild the engine, but this is piss easy and self-explanitory. If you have trouble fitting the piston/rings into the cylinder, heat the head up in the oven at 100deg for 20 minutes or so, and they will fit fine (also lubed up with two stroke oil)

I have also taken front brakes off another daytona and retro-fitted them to the back of mine, much better!

hope this helps.

Thread Information