Thread: Canvastown capers

Bike
    a green one, + some others

Talking Canvastown capers

I am camping just up the road from canvastown for the next few days, unfortunatley I have to work, so I get to commute the 70 odd ks to blenheim by bike every morning, and back every night so sorry to all those people who live on Wakamarina rd for the early morning wakeup call, but I am getting to know the road really well ('cept for the wet wooden bridges) , who went to the canvastown rally back int the old days , was it at the pinedale motorcamp? or down by the pub?
    Yes I know my enemies
    They're the teachers who taught me to fight me....

Bike
    2009 Yamaha XJ6S
    Me.. me.. I did I did!!!

It was held at both sites!!

Set up at rally site back in '93, then caught the ferry over to Wgtn.. rode in the protest ride on parliament 4 1/2 THOUSAND bikes!!!! (proposed huge rego hikes for ACC ) then caught the ferry back later the same day!!! all the way... & proceeded to get rather hammered back at the rally

AAAahhhh.. Thems was the good ole days!!!!!
    GET ON
    SIT DOWN
    SHUT UP
    HANG ON

Bike
    Buell XB12R
    yep, I went a couple of times as well when it was up the valley.
    I still recall going with my sis on her bike and my dad on his, in the pissing rain, and somehow managing to ride down the very steep entrance (which was very riverlike at the time) and wondering how the hell I made it down in one piece when so many people hadn't... there were corpses everywhere

Awesome spot for a rally!
    "Do not meddle in the affairs of Buells, for they are subtle and quick to wheelie!"
    --J RR1000 Tolkien

yank tank at Glenorchy 2006 rally

Bike

Unhappy alas, the game is over

last night and the night before were spoiled by uncontrolled teenage drinking, yahhooing, swearing, pissing everywhere, and general loutish behavior from the "children" of some of the regular familes that go there, when the "kids" pulled up again this afternoon with shitloads of beer obviously ready for another go, wifey decided enough was enough and pulled stakes.
    I met her on the road halfway home absolutley livid about her holiday being ruined, thanks arseholes...........

Honestley, what kind of parent lets their teenagers run wild like that in a family camp.
    "here ya go son, heres a box of piss for ya........don't tell anyone your'e only 14"
    The worst thing was that after I had put the hose on their illegal fire after midnight, and chased them all away, a couple of adults snuck over 1/2 an hour later and squared away all the bottles and rubbish so they wouldn't get in the shit in the morning
    Yes I know my enemies

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Quote Originally Posted by lb99 View Post
    Iwho went to the canvastown rally back int the old days , was it at the pinedale motorcamp? or down by the pub?
    Ummm, I remember going one year unsure when maybe some one can reconise the badge... i have marked 1988 on the back of it, but that could be a guess.
    What was 1st up the vally then behind the pub?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CTR.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	80975  
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
    Ummm, I remember going one year unsure when maybe some one can reconise the badge... i have marked 1988 on the back of it, but that could be a guess.
    What was 1st up the vally then behind the pub?

heaps of paddocks back then, "lifestyle blocks" now, pinedale is about 8km up, and the entry is pretty steep & can be muddy......bring back any memories?
    Yes I know my enemies

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Just found a pic.. yip says 88 on the back, thats my CX center and tent which I still have to the lower left

Sorry bout ya holiday man, Id a smaked the wee shits screw the GVT PC wrap ya kids up in cotton wool shit.

Name:	lastscanrrtrt.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	75.5 KB 
ID:	80976  
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    Honda,Black,Shadow 750

Thumbs up Canvas Town Rally

I did the tenth Canvas Town Rally. It was at the camp site 10 or so Ks up the valley \. I arrived on Friday the weekend after Cold Kiwi at the begining of a two mounth tour of the South Island. It rained quite a bit the B-train that brought the stage(back trailer) got stuck getting into position a local cockey used a tractor to move the whole B-train to place where the band was going to play. Great night more rain more mud. Next morning they got a Payloader to drag the truck out nearly plowing half an acre in the prosess. I believe that the rally was at the Trout Hotel next year. Regards Richard
    Regards Richard
    Growing old is mandatory Growing up is purely optional
    Retired teenager

Bike
    Buell XB12R
    me too! heres the proof... and yeah it was kinda wet and muddy

Name:	ggggg.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	31.6 KB 
ID:	80980  
    "Do not meddle in the affairs of Buells, for they are subtle and quick to wheelie!"
    --J RR1000 Tolkien

yank tank at Glenorchy 2006 rally

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
    Id a smaked the wee shits screw the GVT PC wrap ya kids up in cotton wool shit.
    yeah well, I did my nut a couple of times, it did fuck all, I felt like basil fawlty. the shame is that there were bikes parked around the place, so if they were YOURkids, they fucked up the only holiday we could afford for the last couple of years

Quote Originally Posted by thehovel View Post
    more rain more mud.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rashika View Post
    and yeah it was kinda wet and muddy
    ha, it always seems to rain, you shoulda seen the storm we had on boxing day, mean as thunder and lightning right over us, the kids had never seen anything like it
    Yes I know my enemies

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by thehovel View Post
    I did the tenth Canvas Town Rally. It was at the camp site 10 or so Ks up the valley \. I arrived on Friday the weekend after Cold Kiwi at the begining of a two mounth tour of the South Island. It rained quite a bit the B-train that brought the stage(back trailer) got stuck getting into position a local cockey used a tractor to move the whole B-train to place where the band was going to play. Great night more rain more mud. Next morning they got a Payloader to drag the truck out nearly plowing half an acre in the prosess. I believe that the rally was at the Trout Hotel next year. Regards Richard
    yeah that was the year the organisers pretty much sat in their units with the ranch sliders closed watching us all tip over in the mud....

Thread Information