Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Euro transport authority questions need for “Motorcycle toys”

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    Quote Originally Posted by dipshit View Post
    Get over yourselves.
    Good advice. IF it was applied to yourself.
    Either you are NannyState, or you have bought the bullshit.
    I think you need to sell your bike and use the freed-up funds to buy yourself a huge pile of cottonwool to wrap yourself up in. That way you may be 'safe'. Meantime, the rest of us will enjoy ourselves doing what we love. And fight every attempt to curtail our freedoms.
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    K5 GSXR1000
    If the argument is to ban bikes cause of injury cost to ACC /taxpayers, then surely you have to ban all sports and recreations that do likelwise. Goodbye rugby cycling etc.... Dumb argument. If the biker can be found guilty of reckless use or similar causing the injury then look to charge them for costs, but this has to be applied across the board, incl cages. Never going to happen.

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by MSTRS View Post
    And fight every attempt to curtail our freedoms.
    Is that the same "freedom to ride how ever the fuck I like and who gives a fuck whether my actions piss anyone else off" sort of attitude?

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    Quote Originally Posted by katman View Post
    Is that the same "freedom to ride how ever the fuck I like and fuck whether my actions piss anyone else off" sort of attitude?
    Ah, wondered where you were....
    For you, the answer is 'Of course, that's what a real motorcyclist does'. For everyone else, the answer is "If you want to ride like a cock, go get your own private road with no-one else on it"
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by katman View Post
    Is that the same "freedom to ride however ever the fuck I like and fuck whether my actions piss anyone else off" sort of attitude?
    Dude, some people are pissed off by things that don't affect them in the slightest. It's the "old person's" disease I'm ever vigilent for in my own behaviour.

Sure, if someones behaviour is a significant significant risk to others then we've got a right to respond. I get testy though, when the old lady up the road calls the council every fekin' time she spots some kids on the reserve behind our place doing something she doesn't approve of.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean1 View Post
    I get testy though, when the old lady up the road calls the council every fekin' time she spots some kids on the reserve behind our place doing something she doesn't approve of.
    She's lonely, and whining to the Council is probably her only human contact.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    06 scrambler,xrl,
    Blog Entries
    Hence forth, I propose Banning Europeans from UN ZUD, as its obvious that since the EU started to have pow wows, its turned them all into scared, softcocks that should still be on mummy's tit.

Yay, no more condescending know it alls lobbing into our back yard.
    Running with sharp knives/scissors, while chewing bubblegum, and dodgy marauding Magpies and wasps IS THE KIWI WAY.

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim2 View Post
    She's lonely, and whining to the Council is probably her only human contact.
    I know her well, and that's not her motive. She just feels indignant about exuberant behaviour, whether it's dangerous or not. Like I said, I'm aware of a similar reaction in myself on occasion, and taken to an extreme I see that path leading to a bitterness about anything at all that might "disturb" one. The template should always be "are they hurting anyone else?" And I don't include an artificial imposed financial cost to others, (like ACC) in that.

So, I will, (and have) pinged kids tearing up the local school football field, but not the ones practicing 3 point turns in the same place. Legally indistinguishable, ethically quite different.

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    With attitudes like this is it any wonder. You are forgetting that it is the state that has to pay for your attitude. .
    No it's not. Cobblers, in fact. Actually, I pay for the state. A damn sight more than I ever get back from the state, or am ever likely to.
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    2005 FZS1000 "Tasha"
    Get over yourselves. Nobody could give a fuck if you live or die... what they are concerned about is taxpayers money being spent to support your lifestyle.

Nobody needs to climb a mountain. They do it for fun at their own risk. They also don't expect the taxpayer to pay for search and rescue to save their butts from the predicaments they put themselves in.

Boaties and mountaineers can be sent the bill for search and rescue. So yes, they can take the risk but they also pay the price.
    can you tie this opinion back to motorcycles though? ...... i mean boaties and mountaineers etc COULD be sent the bill .... but, over here at least, they never are - it's all taxpayer funded irrespective of whether the participant 'expects' it to be or not?
    ... ...

Grass wedges its way between the closest blocks of marble and it brings them down. This power of feeble life which can creep in anywhere is greater than that of the mighty behind their cannons....... - Honore de Balzac

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    It's a different issue anyway. S&R can bill people for rescue operations, but hardly ever do, unless it's a malicious false alarm sort of thing. But, regardless, when the mountaineer is bought back suffering from frostbite, or the boatie from hypothermia, they are never billed for the cost of medical treatment, ACC etc. And there is no legislative provision permitting it.

There would be very few cases indeed where a crashed motorcyclist needed a S&R operation mounted.
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    GSX-R600 k8
    Quote Originally Posted by mstriumph View Post
    can you tie this opinion back to motorcycles though? ......
    These big tough motorcyclists want to ride "however the hell they like", even if this means doing 100 mph wheelies down the motorway... lane splitting and knocking off people's mirrors... 299 kph on public roads... cutting corners whenever they think it's safe... treating public roads like their own private race track so they can get rid of their chicken strips to feel like the hero and so on.

They don't like the idea of the "Nanny State" limiting their fun in any such way. However it is the Nanny State that has to pick them up off the road and fix them up and nurse their broken bodies back to health. This they expect the state to pay for at no extra cost to them.

Bike
    EX500s - Ruby
    These big tough motorcyclists want to ride "however the hell they like", even if this means doing 100 mph wheelies down the motorway... lane splitting and knocking off people's mirrors... 299 kph on public roads... cutting corners whenever they think it's safe... treating public roads like their own private race track so they can get rid of their chicken strips to feel like the hero and so on.

They don't like the idea of the "Nanny State" limiting their fun in any such way. However it is the Nanny State that has to pick them up off the road and fix them up and nurse their broken bodies back to health. This they expect the state to pay for at no extra cost to them.
    Aha! Yes, I see...WTF are my taxes for again, if not to mend me when I am broken?
    Diarrhoea is hereditary - it runs in your jeans

If my nose was running money, I'd blow it all on you...

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure

Bike
    GSX-R600 k8
    Interesting... All from one thread...

"Why do these types get so hell bent on trying to save me from me. FFS it's my choice! I know the risks and they should be mine to take."

"But sadly the Nanny state won't admit that you own your life."

"My life is exactly that MINE!"

"Could somebody lock those sort of people up please, Quickly! before it catches on....look at Sue Bradford"

"how much extra do you suppose we're paying for the damage cause by the "no fault" ACC cover?"

"Actually, I pay for the state. A damn sight more than I ever get back from the state, or am ever likely to."

"WTF are my taxes for again, if not to mend me when I am broken?"

So can anybody else see the double standard here?

Thread Information