Thread: Indicators Falling off an SV650

Bike
    2008 Hayabusa

Indicators Falling off an SV650

Hi people,

So i arrive home one day and one of the indicators is hanging by the wiring, hasn't been hit to my knowledge, looks like the rubber has just gone hard and then a crack has propegated through, but i figure it must have taken a hit or someone has bumped it....

off course you can't just replace the rubber mount, you have to buy the whole indicator at $100, so i grit my teeth and buy a new one and away i go...

now the other morning i enter the garage to find the left indicator has now fallen off!!! same thing, i'm assuming the two rear ones are not far behind?

has anyone else experienced this on an SV??

is there a good glue for rubber that will actually work, my experience with glueing rubber and plastic has never been that sucessful. I don't feel like forking out another $100 just at the moment....
    Save me Jebus!! Save me!!

Bike
    2001 RC46
    Blog Entries
    If you're going to glue it, use a flexible adhesive or some silly coon.

Bike
    TF125
    Quote Originally Posted by *caution* View Post
    is there a good glue for rubber that will actually work, my experience with glueing rubber and plastic has never been that sucessful.

Loctite 406 should work well, superglue specifically for rubber/plastic & difficult to bond materials.

Thread Information