Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The hardest decision of my life so far...

Bike
    2020 Yamaha R3
    Quote Originally Posted by jrandom View Post
    Are you relying on your parents' financial support to live in Wellington?

If not, politely tell them that you're a big girl now and that they can fuck off and die. Then pack a bag and ride south.

If so, yup, you're screwed. Do what they tell you to, don't try to play silly buggers about it by secretly buying a bike that they don't know about, and get used to it - life's mostly about kissing the arse of whoever you're dependent on to pay the bills, whether it be your parents, your boss, your customers or your shareholders...
    So bloody true thats how i lost my bike, but i did manage to wessel a nice cage out of it, I still miss my GSX250

Will give you one warning about welly, its bloody windy (and hilly) and you really feel it on your bike

Bike
    Gn125
    Quote Originally Posted by Roki_nz View Post
    Will give you one warning about welly, its bloody windy (and hilly) and you really feel it on your bike
    Harden the fuck up, its not that bad
    While you sit there liking things just cos' everyone else does, I'll be standing up here keeping it real.

Bike
    Scorpio
    Quote Originally Posted by Roki_nz View Post
    Will give you one warning about welly, its bloody windy (and hilly)
    Why haven't we been told this before? Bloody media!

(Sorry).

Bike
    Prefer Buell but not a snob
    Well it sux being dependant but you are, so no choice really.

I'm glad my folks brought me up to be super independant... mind you when other kids were getting chaufferred places while I walked or bused I thought it sucked!

So at 16 I got a trail bike, at 17 I was doing an apprenticeship and at 18 I was living in the real world with no parental support. It wasn't easy but I made it:-)

Apply yourself to your education and in the not too distant future you will be damned glad of it ;-)

Good Luck!
    ...it is better to live 1 day as a Tiger than 1000 years as a sheep...

Bike
    Bikeless @ Mo - Injured
    My suggestion is...

You are young... you can always get another bike...

Go to welly for your course... put forward the idea to your parents about getting a scooter instead of a car, cheaper for them, plus you wont have parking worries etc... cheap to run & it will get you around from A to B...

Then hook up with the welly crew to go pillion on rides when you feel the need to be on two real wheels (if that makes sense)....

That way... you still have transport... in your parents eyes it'll be safer... & once you have graduated.... go forth & get a new bike...

While you are in welly... you could get restricted/full licence (if dont have already) & the time will be ticking away whilst you scoot it for a bit...

Best of luck with what you decide to do, let us know what becomes
    "World famous since ages ago"

Bike
    Triumph Speed Four
    Sorry, but this one would be very straight forward for me:

First priority: your education. You seem to realise it is a fantastic opportunity, so grab a hold of it, and do everything you can to make it work. It may not be extended to you again should you muck this one up.
    It is only a year, and it's a small enough sacrifice for lifelong freedom and financial independance from your folks (trust me on this one, I learnt the hard way!)

And besides, as a lot of people have already said, you don't have to do away with riding altogether, just be discreet and wait til you're able to do it by your own means It'll come around faster than you think!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Time to cut out the "holier/more enlightened than thou" bullshit and the "slut" comments and let people live honestly how they like providing they're not harming themselves or others in the process.

Bike
    '18 DRZ400SM
    Welly is fuckin' awesome. Do it.

I miss it everyday. Stupid Auckland urban sprawl.

We don't even have the Rimutakas in Auckland. HOW SHIT IS THAT!?!?!?!
    "It would be spiteful, to put jellyfish in a trifle."
    \m/ o.o \m/

Bike
    2020 Yamaha R3
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaver View Post
    Harden the fuck up, its not that bad
    Ha ha, it’s not about what chopper says: Hardening the fuck up, it’s about been careful. I often rode in the wind and rain (Not that you get a choice in Wellington) never bothered me most of the time but I was always cautious and i never had any problems.

Speaking of wind I was walking down Featherston Street a couple of months back, windy as anything. I looked down some of the side streets and all the scooters and some of the bikes had all been blown over, would have hated to be one of the owners.

As for your parents not wanting you to have a bike, just work on them and if worse comes to worse, do with out one for a year, get you education and get back to riding later on.

Thread Information