Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BlueBridge v Interislander

Bike
    GSX-R 750 K6

BlueBridge v Interislander

Looking at going up to the Paeroa street races in February,
    I have been on the Interislander a few times and they were all good. But the bluebridge's salling time suits better. So has anyone been on the Bluebridge boat with their bikes? Was it set up well for bikes? And what is it like on board? Which boat do you prefer too??

Thank you very much for your info and help

Bike
    2005 GSXR750
    I've taken the bike across on the bluebridge a few times. No problems at all. To be honest, I prefer them to the Interislander. I found the people to be much more friendly and helpful. And the coffee team make a great espresso.

I wouldn't use the interislander now unless I had absolutely no option. Bluebridge all the way!

Bike
    '07 RSVR1000
    I've just booked the ferry for my South Island tour in March. I didn't know what ferry to use so searched KB for Bluebridge. There's loads of comments about the service received on each ferry so go check them out

Bike
    Tojo and nothing. Damnit.
    The bluebridge vessels don't use that stupid steel cable as the thing to tie down your bike like the Kaitaki does.

Bike
    Honda CX500 "Shithawk"
    Bluebridge is 100% New Zealand owned and operated.
    The Interislander is owned by Toll, a giant, clumsy, fairly evil and uncaring international corporation.

That's why I choose Bluebridge. And they're cheaper!
    Determined to kill my bike before it kills me

Bike
    Concours 14, S10
    Quote Originally Posted by Okey Dokey View Post
    I've taken the bike across on the bluebridge a few times. No problems at all. To be honest, I prefer them to the Interislander. I found the people to be much more friendly and helpful. And the coffee team make a great espresso.

I wouldn't use the interislander now unless I had absolutely no option. Bluebridge all the way!
    And (at least when I've been over on them) they let the bikes off first. Staff definitely better than Interislander.

Bike
    KTM 690 DUKE R
    Quote Originally Posted by Steam View Post
    And they're cheaper!
    hmmm sometimes.

Carry your own tie downs and learn to use them is my advice, might need to tie it to a trailer if a stone comes through the radiator in the middle of no where etc

Bike
    Honda CX500 "Shithawk"
    Quote Originally Posted by sAsLEX View Post
    hmmm sometimes.
    Interislander fares for one bike and one adult range from $178 down to $105 for limited numbers of internet-only-booked tickets.

Bluebridge for the same is a flat rate of $105, no matter when you book.

Yeah, so it can be the same price, if you plan ahead.
    Determined to kill my bike before it kills me

Bike
    06 Bandit GSF 1200SK6
    depends on when your travelling Dogsnbikes works on the Monte Stello & always up for a chat with kbers ..

Service is great have your own tie downs .. on the monte stello your normally loaded prior to cars & yes first off .. the bikes are stored longways down the boat .. & there are rubber tyre wedges if you can not tie bike down tight enough
    Have to Karma ... Justice catches up eventually !!

Bike
    Suzuki AN125 Scooter, Honda scooter
    Bluebridge much better. You can book more than one bike and rider online in a single booking, can't with InterIslander. We were told to just do two bookings by Interislander staff, booked one bike / rider on an Interislander sailing, went to book the second and no places left for bikes. Took many phone calls the next day to sort.
    Bluebridge (both boats) have much better tie down options for bikes, more open air deck space, you usually get on first, off first and altogether a better experience. Staff are friendly, not surly.
    We travel to SI 4-5 times a year, and alway try and go with Bluebridge if the times suit.

Bike
    ZZR1100 D7
    Interislander is the slicker of the 2 ops but slick doesn't count for much when the cafe runs out of food. That has happened to me the last 3 trips.

I have had a good run with Bluebridge. The boats look older but everything works. The price is OK, the service is OK and the first on/first off policy is pretty good. I go Bluebridge whenever I can.

Bike
    XJR
    I've only used blue ridge so far, there are ropes available on the ferry to tie the bike with. Pretty good service IMO
    Religion is not the opium of people. Opium is

Bike
    TZFXR150, R1150GS, DRZ400, Ninja300 prod
    I haven't sailed with a bike for a while, But lately I had a couple of race bikes sent un-accompanied on Blue Bridge ($50), something Troll won't even consider. Both bikes that went on BB, the person putting the bikes on, got to go on an tie them down......I got to go on at Picton and untie then and ride them off, they even show me a loading ramp to get them loaded with minimum hassle. BB seem a smaller operation and you often get better service. Blue Bridge

Its harder to lose weight than gain horsepower.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    The experience quoted here by some is rather at odds with mine.

Comparing Bluebridge to the InterIslander doesn't really give a relevant answer. The comparison needs to be ship by ship.

The Bluebridge ship I sailed on had no bike specific facilities but neither did the Interislander Kaitake. The Arahura has sets of D rings on the deck specifically designed for bikes.

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...ad.php?t=55800

I seem to recall that there is another Interislander ship that has D rings in the deck for bikes but don't know which one it is. These are the only ones I will use given the choice.

My timetable will be made to suit the ship.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Bikasaurus Rex,Tricerabike
    Quote Originally Posted by Steam View Post
    Bluebridge is 100% New Zealand owned and operated.
    The Interislander is owned by Toll, a giant, clumsy, fairly evil and uncaring international corporation.

That's why I choose Bluebridge. And they're cheaper!
    But The Interislander was crap when it was owned by the NZ Government too.

Thread Information