Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Back on the road again!

Bike
    SPEED TRIPLE
    Quote Originally Posted by Number One View Post
    oooo you are soooo tough...bet your cat opens his own can of catfood too AND bet your poohs scare the flies away!
    ME? tough? pfffft....me a sooky bubba!

PS: Buy the bike? Hmmmkay! Can I get a loan?
    That's what husbands are for...aren't they?
    No body move... I dropped my brain

Bike
    SPEED TRIPLE
    Quote Originally Posted by 007XX View Post
    Now, if we're talking about Stirts, eerrrr, yeah the girl's tough...I'd only take her on if jelly was involved
    WHAT A BLOODY TEASE!
    No body move... I dropped my brain

Bike
    Triumph Speed Four
    Quote Originally Posted by Stirts View Post
    WHAT A BLOODY TEASE!
    You only know the half of it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Time to cut out the "holier/more enlightened than thou" bullshit and the "slut" comments and let people live honestly how they like providing they're not harming themselves or others in the process.

Bike
    2005 Firestorm
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Velvet View Post
    But, but, but, that was meeeeeee

How quickly you forget
    I reckon! I wouldn't hurt a wasp...I'd just run away screaming...petticoats a flyin

PS: BV has twisted my arm (damn near broke it!) and I shall once again brave my butterflies and get on her bike - It's a nice night here after all

Bike
    2018 Ducati Monster 797
    Blog Entries
    Get on the bike and ride babe, take a break from the house/kids/husband/dishes etc etc, beautiful day will be winter before you know it and you'll be wishing you could get out for a ride without having to rug up..... many many reasons to go for a ride, so go ride sister!!

Blue Velvet, turn up with bike and then she has to go, or go and pick her up and not take no for an answer.

Bike
    Best Bitza Bucket 2008 BoB
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Kendog View Post
    Blue Velvet, turn up with bike and then she has to go, or go and pick her up and not take no for an answer.
    And that's why I'm here looking after the kid doing the dishes and trying not to watch Harry Potter for the 150th time, thanks y'all!

The sisterhood's in full effect!

Bike
    2018 Ducati Monster 797
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sully60 View Post
    And that's why I'm here looking after the kid doing the dishes and trying not to watch Harry Potter for the 150th time, thanks y'all!

The sisterhood's in full effect!
    hahaha, you're a good man!!! (Couldn't find a whipped smiley )
    Go the sisterhood!!

Bike
    Blog Entries
    hahaha, you're a good man!!! (Couldn't find a whipped smiley )
    Go the sisterhood!!
    It's ok S.O.A.D have a song about that just for me.

Anyway why aren't you TCWNRrrrrrrring anyway, anyway?

Bike
    2018 Ducati Monster 797
    Blog Entries
    School holidays, so working 10 hour days, finished at 6pm, so is a bit of a rush to get sorted and get out there in time, sucks arse bad!!!
    You coming to the Skunk's on Friday night?

Bike
    Blog Entries
    School holidays, so working 10 hour days, finished at 6pm, so is a bit of a rush to get sorted and get out there in time, sucks arse bad!!!
    You coming to the Skunk's on Friday night?
    Jeez you a hard lady, I can't even contemplate sleeping for ten hours let alone working!

I will probably be the whipped boy again cos when I told #1 about slushies her eyes lit up like the Vegas strip.

You'll probably see me in my capacity as driver and footman for her highness.

Bike
    2018 Ducati Monster 797
    Blog Entries
    You are a gem!
    I'm glad we live just around the corner, so we can go and have an evening of plastic, slushies and chocolate then drag our fat arses up the hill home, so my boy doesn't have to be a good boy. It's damn hard to pass up slushies and hot flowing choclate eh!?

Bike
    2005 Firestorm
    Blog Entries
    Get on the bike and ride babe, take a break from the house/kids/husband/dishes etc etc, beautiful day will be winter before you know it and you'll be wishing you could get out for a ride without having to rug up..... many many reasons to go for a ride, so go ride sister!!

Hhhhmmmmmkay....Now that I have my undies and leather pants soaking in NapiSan I shall do a report back...as YES I did in fact get my arse on that bike.

The lovely BV kindly lent me her 'silver bullet' (which is the same as hubbies, minus the race suspension it felt like a very different animal).
    Hubbies one is definitely my bitch...but the silver bullet felt like I was it's bitch. Bit slower and heavier to turn in and so I had to be a lot more deliberate and positive..felt spongey under turning and braking too so was caught out big time round the inlet by all this.
    (hubbies has Ohlins race suspension and is quite stiff and quick to turn in - he thought I might not notice a difference and neither did I since I'm a nana and all - figured only the fast peeps would feel the difference)

SO what happened then? Crawling round the inlet (much slower than the other day...not to grips with the difference in steering and feel...and definitely TOO worried about the worst case scenario of binning my friends bike) spied a couple of bikes in the distance catching up...keeping left hoping they just go past me - they going much faster than I and I didn't really need either an audience or the self imposed pressure to go faster thank I was comfortable with....first guy passes....all good....second guy waits till a safer point in the road and also passes (after enduring a very sloooooowwww right hander behind me...SORRY DUDE!!!)

BV and them disappear around a few bends.......gosh they are great to watch, as they disappear! When I grow up I wanna be that confident too.

So initially happy just poootling along like a nana but then...OH wait BV might think I'm a bit 'tooo far' behind and get worried....on with the gas (but not that much btw) down a straight.

Corner coming up...slow down...slow down...slow down...turning in...turning in...turning in....looking round the bend...looking round the bend...hmm doesn't feel like I'm actually going raound this bend (shudda just been thinking 'I am going round this' and looking where going) shit! I don't seem to be going round this bend?....and as I am thinking this I'm also thinking hmmm too close to centre line...hmmm there's a van coming the other way....hmmm driver looking worried - crikey mate I'm worried too!!!... shit this might hurt a lot...fuck what have I done?
    object fixation
    oh my god I'm gonna write off my friends bike....oh my god I'm gonna write me off, oh my god....everything slowwwwwssss down...........

In kicks booming voice in head - Wake up!!! CONCENTRATE on WHERE you want to go and STEER DAMMMIT or you will be plastered on the front of that van!!!!
    HEAVE the bars...stand bike up....oh thank god I'm back in the centre of my lane...toooo close for comfort! Thankyou voice in head!
    (Possible that it wasn't as close as it felt but not willing to go back and do it again to see.)

This happened quite early in the ride so had me quite rattled for the remainder of it - hence went even slooooooowwwwwerrrrrr and felt, well sick actually....

HOWEVER I thought of Stirts giving me a telling off and so forced myself to not chicken out and just go straight home and instead went the rest of the way round the inlet and then back round once more and home again without any 'events'.

BV thanks for the ride and for loaning me the silver bullet and for thinking of me and looking for me the whole way, and for considering the route with my rusty status in mind and for being sooo damn good in general about everything. Just quietly though....I was sooooo pleased to return the SB to your garage in one piece and without any cracked or broken bits - I just about cried actually....not that you'd know that cos according to plastic and botox Fergie - Big Girls Don't Cry.

Oh gosh I need to HTFU I know...but it was just quite a come down from the grouse ride I had on Monday when everything felt great - I was the boss, throwing the bike around with all the confidence in the world, maintaining a respectable (but safe) pace and just loving every minute of it!

So there you have it! Yes I got on today...Yes I will get on again in the future...next time I'll know what to expect.

All in all I'd sum up by saying...foreign bike which I was tooo worried about wrecking (not hard to ride by any means, just not what I'm used to), too much worry in general so not relaxed, need to be more positive and deliberate with the bars, avoid OBJECT FIXATION!!!!

Ova and out...slightly saddened and set back slug

Bike
    2018 Ducati Monster 797
    Blog Entries
    Aww hun, sorry you had a "moment", we all do it remember.
    Can completely understand about the worrying too much about crashing someone elses bike that you almost do, reason I don't normally like to ride other people's rides. But you did good by the sounds of things, didn't let it put you off and away you went. Will be all better once the bike you're riding is your own again.

Bike
    2007 CB900
    I agree Trudie ... she did what sounds as fan-bloody-tastic .... when you are getting back on it takes time .. so you need to take time to get it all together again ... and that voice in ya head is giving good advice!

Bike
    Missile
    Hhhhmmmmmkay.... YES I did in fact get my arse on that bike.
    1. You rode bloody well.

2. You were riding a bike you weren't familiar with. And even after said moment you still rode bloody well.

Talk about face of steel, I had no idea how big a moment it was. Even at conclusion of ride, you gave nothing away. It wasn't until I read this that I realised. Wish you had talked to me about it more. Hmmm are you the stwong silent type?

I'm sorry you had a moment at all, and so early on. I'll say it again, I don't give a rats arse about that bike (in a very 'I'll look after you til you die but I really couldn't give a fuck if you do die' kinda way), so you couldn't have done any wrong. I care about you.

I know you were nervous. And I know you were worried about binning it. I only wish I could've conveyed how much I don't give a shit about the bike so you could relax more.

And yeah, the stock suspension etc would feel very different to C's race spec SV. I suppose I hoped the build up through the back of Wilton/Khandallah etc would help put you at ease and give you slower paced corners to familiarise yourself with the bike.

Sorry the ride sucked compared to the other day S. It was an unfamiliar bike, so try not to compare it or let it put you off riding it, or C's bike, again.

You have to get back on a steed.

$0.02

Thread Information