Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Back on the road again!

Bike
    2005 Firestorm
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jrandom View Post
    Did those turkey strips come with dipping sauce?

mmmm turkey....

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Velvet View Post
    Oink
    Yeah ermmm, that's not so cool. Think I'll stick wif the....

Silver Screeeaaaammmm Extractor!

Bike
    SPEED TRIPLE
    Quote Originally Posted by Number One View Post
    I am now the very proud owner of a lovely silver SV Proud, moi? Never?!
    FAARRRRRRRRRRRRKEN COOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Go the Silver Screeeaaaammmm Extractor!

Farken awesome news Sweetpea!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!

Looking forward to another ride report as the new owner!!!!!! Ride that boy hard *yes I mean both your boys *
    No body move... I dropped my brain

Bike
    GSF250
    Awesome! What a cool looking bike, you are going to get heaps of enjoyment out of it/him!!! ! Will most certainly see you around sometime, try to do the hill oneday, really not as scary as you think it might be.
    " It appears that the website has become alive. This happens to computers and robots sometimes. Am I scared of a stupid computer? Please. The computer should be scared of me."

Bike
    SPEED TRIPLE
    Quote Originally Posted by Lissa View Post
    ....try to do the hill oneday, really not as scary as you think it might be.
    Yeah I second THAT....and then carry on up here so we can have a celebratory and
    No body move... I dropped my brain

Bike
    2013 ZX14R SE
    I am now the very proud owner of a lovely silver SV
    Congratulations Ride safe and enjoy.

Bike
    2005 Firestorm
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lissa View Post
    Awesome! What a cool looking bike, you are going to get heaps of enjoyment out of it/him!!! ! Will most certainly see you around sometime, try to do the hill oneday, really not as scary as you think it might be.
    Used to ride the hill on me two-fiddies....it's just the down hill bits I don't enjoy Not sure if it is something others suffer from but I just hate to go down....

Oh I should just stop it! fILTHY COW

Bike
    GSF250
    Used to ride the hill on me two-fiddies....it's just the down hill bits I don't enjoy Not sure if it is something others suffer from but I just hate to go down....

Oh I should just stop it! fILTHY COW
    I have exactly the same problem, esp when I think its all greasy and wet... ...on the corners! But seriously, I just take my time, don't get too worried about how fast or slow I am going... and practice makes perfect.
    " It appears that the website has become alive. This happens to computers and robots sometimes. Am I scared of a stupid computer? Please. The computer should be scared of me."

Bike
    2013 EX300SE
    I am now the very proud owner of a lovely silver SV
    Very nice. The silver ones are the best.

Bike
    99 RSV Matte Mille, Bus 150 & 121
    ....it's just the down hill bits I don't enjoy
    You just have to change your mindset S. People who are trying to get quicker/better put pressure on themselves to go fast uphill and then freak about going downhill... its a different kettle.

I use the downhill section to really concentrate on riding smooth and thinking about what I'm doing in the corners because I don't have to worry about accelerating and keeping my speed up so much. Just keeping a neutral throttle and concentrating on lines, keeping my bike moving, establishing a rhythm, sweeping through the bends. Its no where near as chaotic as going fast uphill.

Make sense?
    "If life gives you a shit sandwich..." someone please complete this expression

Bike
    2005 Firestorm
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by skelstar View Post
    You just have to change your mindset S. People who are trying to get quicker/better put pressure on themselves to go fast uphill and then freak about going downhill... its a different kettle.

I use the downhill section to really concentrate on riding smooth and thinking about what I'm doing in the corners because I don't have to worry about accelerating and keeping my speed up so much. Just keeping a neutral throttle and concentrating on lines, keeping my bike moving, establishing a rhythm, sweeping through the bends. Its no where near as chaotic as going fast uphill.

Make sense?
    Sure does...good advice thanks dude :-)

Bike
    2013 EX300SE
    No, but I can understand the feeling. Your front tyre is always a bit more loaded going downhill so you are much more aware of any movement from the front end.

Most of the time around the 'burbs I just leave the SV in third (sometimes second), and just gentley roll the throttle on or off.

As Skelstar has said just relax, concentrate on your line, and be as smooth as you can on your inputs (both throttle, and brake). It'll all be second nature again in no time.

Bike
    Best Bitza Bucket 2008 BoB
    Blog Entries
    And if it's a tight corner brake hard with the front, smack it down two gears, pitch it in and dump the clutch, sliiiiiddddddeeeee!

Bike
    99 RSV Matte Mille, Bus 150 & 121
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwalo View Post
    As Skelstar has said just relax, concentrate on your line, and be as smooth as you can on your inputs (both throttle, and brake). It'll all be second nature again in no time.
    ...yeah meant to say that esp since you're on a v-twin its nice just to change up a gear and just have the bike burbling strongly on the way through the corners... just like a fat v-twin should
    "If life gives you a shit sandwich..." someone please complete this expression

Bike
    2005 Firestorm
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by skelstar View Post
    ...yeah meant to say that esp since you're on a v-twin its nice just to change up a gear and just have the bike burbling strongly on the way through the corners... just like a fat v-twin should
    oooo I jus love that sound...with the two bros exhaust it is really quite sheeexxxyy!

Another SV650S in the 'Norf Welly Massif' region. Will look out for you Pwalo...

Bike
    2005 Firestorm
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sully60 View Post
    And if it's a tight corner brake hard with the front, smack it down two gears, pitch it in and dump the clutch, sliiiiiddddddeeeee!
    sigh....that's ma man

Thread Information