Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: T-Shirts, Shorts, Jandals on a scooter! (contains graphic images)

Bike
    Vespa GT200, LML Vespa 130, Honda NXR125
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowDog View Post
    Maybe the answer is that if no one is falling off and suffering excessive injury due to inadequate clothing, then such a law is not necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatcap View Post
    I for one practice the long-lost art of Not Falling Off
    Mr Miyagi says: 'lost art of not falling off must be practised all the time! never know when it may come in handy...'

Bike
    2013 GSXR-1300 Hayabusa
    I reckon that all the gear, all the time should be enforced. The rule will not be for the majority who could possibly ride butt naked and not fall off ever but for the minority that would ride with shorts and t-shirt *or miniskirt etc * and fall off. People say only a few people fall of whilst not wearing gear. Well if the rule helps those few not to paint the road with their skin , it works. But thats just me, I ride with ATGATT!.....go on ride with next to nothing on, but if you become a human crayon and then bitch about it you can get . Common sense eh.

Bike
    A big one
    Quote Originally Posted by Drider87 View Post
    I reckon that all the gear, all the time should be enforced.
    How can you do that?
    It's only when you take the piss out of a partially shaved wookie with an overactive 'me' gene and stapled on piss flaps that it becomes a problem.

Bike
    2015 Triumph Bonneville
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lobster View Post
    How can you do that?
    Strip search and inventory at the roadside.
    "No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as the dog does."

Bike
    2012 Bandit 1250SA, 2006 Hyosung GT250
    Just had to add this
    I finally got my knee down! …and my shoulder …and my pillion’s head.

Bike
    Gone
    This thread makes me want to ride down queen street naked, but the traffic lights could pose a problem if I had to stop, I might get jumped.

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Quote Originally Posted by Drider87 View Post
    I reckon that all the gear, all the time should be enforced. The rule will not be for the majority who could possibly ride butt naked and not fall off ever but for the minority that would ride with shorts and t-shirt *or miniskirt etc * and fall off. People say only a few people fall of whilst not wearing gear. Well if the rule helps those few not to paint the road with their skin , it works. But thats just me, I ride with ATGATT!.....go on ride with next to nothing on, but if you become a human crayon and then bitch about it you can get . Common sense eh.
    Just to show it can be done here is scummy going for a ride around the block
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tom and nightshot.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	81.6 KB 
ID:	83968  
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    Darmah, 888, B50SS
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog View Post
    Just to show it can be done here is scummy going for a ride around the block
    Shit, look at the vibration of that thing, the whole countryside is blurred!!!
    ...she took the KT, and left me the Buell to ride....(Blues Brothers)

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Quote Originally Posted by idb View Post
    Shit, look at the vibration of that thing, the whole countryside is blurred!!!

Amazing how a few wines affects the whole landscape eh??
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    Kawasaki ZX1100 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by sunhuntin View Post
    i see tons of pretty girls scootering past my work every day... wearing as little as possible.
    I hope your standing there holding a big sign with my phone number on it!!
    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary - that's what gets you."
    Jeremy Clarkson.

Kawasaki 200mph Club

Bike
    SV1000, ZX6R, FZR400, CBR250,FXR150
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterD View Post
    Except they don't ride like stupid-arse sprotsbikers, so the chances of such a slide are vastly reduced. Go and preach your sermons somewhere else.
    Sorry I will have to disagree on that statement. The males and females I have seen on scooters lately are not riding sensibly. The scooters these days are quicker and just as unstable as they have ever been.

The young man on the motorway was doing at least 90km ph and weaving in and out of traffic.

There was a young girl on TV1 on the St John's Ambulance programme who came off her scooter in Queen St, wearing sandals and an open face helmet.
    She damaged her foot and split her lip and had a blood nose.

Scooter riders these days seem to forget that some of us 'older' riders started off our biking days on scooters.

Bike
    Gilera SP180 Runner 2004

Older riders set a good example!

And yet the older riders set such good examples - Honda Goldwing with older couple cruising down the mway at 100kmh wearing nothing but shorts, tee shirts and jandals. Was even more impressed when I saw the shiney Ulysess club badge on the bike.

Bike
    '69 Lambretta & SR400
    Quote Originally Posted by SHELRACING View Post
    Sorry I will have to disagree on that statement. The males and females I have seen on scooters lately are not riding sensibly. The scooters these days are quicker and just as unstable as they have ever been.
    The point I was making, is that unlike sprotsbikers you won't find bunches of scooterists heading for the twisties to push the limits of their bikes and try to give each other "the learn".
    Only a homo puts an engine back together WITHOUT making it go faster.

Bike
    A big one
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterD View Post
    The point I was making, is that unlike sportsbikers you won't find bunches of scooterists heading for the twisties to push the limits of their bikes and try to give each other "the learn".
    What is the 'learn'?

S'funny.. there were a couple of scooters heading for the twisties the other day... and not a latte shop in sight!
    It's only when you take the piss out of a partially shaved wookie with an overactive 'me' gene and stapled on piss flaps that it becomes a problem.

Bike
    '69 Lambretta & SR400
    What is the 'learn'?

S'funny.. there were a couple of scooters heading for the twisties the other day... and not a latte shop in sight!
    Dunno really, there seems to be some kind bragging rights thing these fellas that dress up like tubes of toothpaste are into...

I like the twisties too, but my Lammy is waay too pretty to risk dropping.
    Only a homo puts an engine back together WITHOUT making it go faster.

Thread Information