Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: T-Shirts, Shorts, Jandals on a scooter! (contains graphic images)

Bike
    Gilera SP180 Runner 2004

Committee meeting

You don't do the twisties 'cause your not allowed out! We gonna see you at the next meeting??

Peter

Bike
    Suzuki UZ125
    Twisties show me the way, on a scooter on a bike, straight road aint much fun. As for gear sure it is your own choice, however I think people just don't even think about it. personally I ride my scooter in fullish gear ie draggins leather motorcycle jacket, gloves, full face helmet and boots.

People seem to view scooters as toys and hence not needing appropriate gear, if they are making an informed choice to be a road crayon then fine. Darwin will decide but most scooter riders just don't even think about it... it only takes one fall to figure it out pretty fast. A scoot is not a toy... even a 30kph low side will cause some road rash and anything faster can pose some serious problems.

Bike
    1989 GN250 cafe racer
    Blog Entries
    i agree with everyone who says it's they're own choice. it absolutely pisses me off, seeing something like that, especially something like getting passed by a guy on a goldwing wearing nowt but a helmet, jandals, stubbies and a singlet..on the open road..when i was doing well over the legal speed limit (lets say around about 140, don't quote me on that though)..but what can you do? it just means that the smart ones out of us will be around for longer.

something i learnt at a very young age - you can't assume its never gonna happen.

'i don't need house insurance, its never gonna get broken into in the area i live in.'

wrong, fuckass..where's my crowbar?

i had a tutor who left his mates house for home on his virago, trip was about 2km total. tucked his gloves into his jacket as it was a hot day. 500m down the road he got sideswiped by an 18 wheeler. (no shit! i thought he was kidding too but he had pics) lost three fingers and 60% of the skin on his hands (as well as assorted broken bones all throughout his body). doctors said if he'd been wearing the gloves, they probably could've saved his fingers.

enough ranting from me..but if i see you in the weeds with very little gear on, i'm gonna laugh before i call the ambulance.
    original quote from 98tls - Who gives a shite about Kw when you can all arrive in Fox at the same time sit and have a coffee and thank fuck for motorcycles..whatever the wording on the gas tank.

Bike
    1989 GN250 cafe racer
    Blog Entries
    OOH! wait i got a great one re: people treating scooters as toys..got stuck behind a girl on a scooter last year, she was swerving all over and using her feet (in jandals) as brakes. got closer, she was fucking TEXTING. she didn't even see me pull up beside her. should've seen her face when i started yelling at her (was a bad morning anyway) about being a fuckin retard. damn near fell off. hilarious.
    original quote from 98tls - Who gives a shite about Kw when you can all arrive in Fox at the same time sit and have a coffee and thank fuck for motorcycles..whatever the wording on the gas tank.

Thread Information