Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New Forum for NWS

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Actually Ixion old chap, what is happening is we are working towards a system of pre-approving everyones post before it goes up on KB. That way we will offend no-one and everyone. Next on the agenda is regular home-visits to be carried out by a mobile mod team (MMT's) to ensure that none of you talk to each other without our approval first. Sorry, but as far as the next steps go, well you will be informed when we feel the time is right.

Face it, we will take over the world piece by piece. We are only starting at KB.

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    The studied contempt with which the Heaven Born, the self appointed elite of the world , regard mere members is well known, and nothing new. More of the promised leadering I suppose.
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    So it is just a variation of PD. And posts will not show with the New Posts utility, which will be a great nuisance.
    Join the LOA group and they show up in New Posts. Don't join it and you'll never know they exist.

Quote Originally Posted by idb View Post
    I can see the reasoning but I access all new posts through 'New Posts' so I'll still have to wade through the same shit.

In the Good Old Days(TM) much of the OT/R&R stuff was interesting and amusing and worth reading but it seems to me that now there is a lot of crap posted between people that would be better sent by txt, e-mail or just picking up the bloody phone.
    At the very least PMs could be used more.

As much as I feel uncomfortable about censorship/PC/Big Brother/whatever you like, some regulation is required wherever there is a disparate group of people interacting.
    Think meeting rules, traffic regulations, accepted social norms.

Hmmm...I feel a bit better.
    You're not wrong about the shift from interesting and amusing off topic stuff to spurious tripe. However, again, that's simply a function of the growth in the site. That sort of crap used to happen, but so rarely that nobody noticed. Now the percentage is still the same, but the actual number is significantly higher.

If this was censorship then things would be removed. They're not, they're just living in a different spot now.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Quote Originally Posted by Mental-Trousers View Post
    Join the LOA group and they show up in New Posts. Don't join it and you'll never know they exist.
    Umm actually they appear in my new posts!

I dont want them too!

Make them go away please...

OK, while MT is sorting out the technical stuff... I have been thinking.

There have always been guidelines about nudity and what is acceptable and what is not... so that has never changed, what has changed is that there is a forum for it now...

So you guys are bitching because you can post pics any time you like, all day long of you like?? They wont be moved, removed, edited etc etc...

Hmm... yes that is censorship 100%... bastard mods, stop letting people post! You Nazi pigs...

Fuck, people crack me up.
    Damned if you... damned if you dont.

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    omg, somebody gets it

/me falls off chair
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    GSF250
    Some people just dont have anything else to do Joni. KB is part of their lives, and people generally don't like or embrace change (even if it such a small thing as a new forum for dodgy shit) . I dont object at all to LOA, not sure how popular it will be though, or what kind of people will be posting.
    " It appears that the website has become alive. This happens to computers and robots sometimes. Am I scared of a stupid computer? Please. The computer should be scared of me."

Quote Originally Posted by Mental-Trousers View Post
    omg, somebody gets it

/me falls off chair
    Yeah... but it will be argued I still think like a Mod...

So if I swear and abuse you, would that work?

arsehole! (is that not abusive enough?)

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Oooo, I feel an infraction coming along.

Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    Oooo, I feel an infraction coming along.
    bring it on big boy....

I know where you live!!!!

Errr, ok no I dont!

Bike
    99 RSV Matte Mille, Bus 150 & 121
    What cracks me up is that I understand that it you couldn't find someone who could/would mod the new forum and you had to recruit?

Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm prepared to be.
    "If life gives you a shit sandwich..." someone please complete this expression

Bike
    An old slow red one!!
    Quote Originally Posted by skelstar View Post

Good. You are wrong

and / or

Follow me on Facebook

A husband is someone who, after taking the trash out, gives the impression that he just cleaned the whole house.

Bike
    99 RSV Matte Mille, Bus 150 & 121
    Quote Originally Posted by Her_B4 View Post
    Good. You are wrong
    Fair enough, so no new moderators for L.O.A then.
    "If life gives you a shit sandwich..." someone please complete this expression

yes one new Mod.... but you know that... and we all know your and my thoughts around that.

so Ssshhhhhh!

Bike
    An old slow red one!!
    What cracks me up is that I understand that it you couldn't find someone who could/would mod the new forum and you had to recruit?

Quote Originally Posted by Her_B4 View Post
    Good. You are wrong
    Hmmm hair splitting??

Let me clarify for you then. We have both old and new (literally and figuratively speaking....) moderators for the forum, same as we do for other forums

Not quite sure why it would 'crack you up' if it where indeed true that no-one 'could /would' mod the new forum?

Each to their own I guess

and / or

Follow me on Facebook

A husband is someone who, after taking the trash out, gives the impression that he just cleaned the whole house.

Thread Information