Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: white power

Bike
    Honda PC800
    All the pro twins (650 twins) guys in the states rave on about the penske rear shocks in SV650's
    Then again I rode Codgies SV650 and was blown away by how well an Ohlins works.
    _proof positive I aint a suspension guru I guess
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    GSXR450
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Taylor View Post
    Being The Ohlins Distributor I can only recite that what is written above is absolute baloney and that its all very well to fabricate such MISCHIEVOUS nonsense when hiding behind a position of anonymity. What axe is being ground here?
    The internal wearing surface in fact has a plating and of course is cross honed. We see 40000ks or often much longer between services and certainly then you will replace the piston ring as you would any shock. Black sludge is something we only see regularly in oem suspension units, especially those that are not coated internally.
    Point of fact, it is not only about price. When you purchase an Ohlins shock in NZ you get service and backup from far and away the most knowledgable service centre in NZ, with in excess of 20 years of external set up but also intimate experience with the INTERNALS of shocks. We have not just attended one manufacturers training school for 3 or 4 days and set ourselves up as ''suspension gurus'' Every shock we send out is set up specifically for the individual customers personal stats, loading and application, and btw we use the genuine Ohlins oil that is very stable over a very long period
    With the three major top end brands its a no brainer what you would choose to distribute as a total package if you had first choice, Ohlins.

Was a tad surprised to read this reply Robert! Reads like you are openly calling JD Racing a LIAR?

He has as much history in the servicing side of Suspension as you do, and has as well complimented the Ohlin's brand many times, as well as the Penske brand etc-Horses for courses remember mate

Probally not a very nice thing to accuse some one of on the internet, especially on a site, where the other party is also giving there time FOC, in replying to certain things that appeal to them, you calling him/her a Liar, could only potentually scare them away from this web site, which would be a huge LOSS to all the members on this site Dude.

Please stay involved in here JD Racing
    I fear the day technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots! ALBERT EINSTEIN

Bike
    GSXR450
    Quote Originally Posted by imdying View Post
    Well if an Ohlins steel bodied shock is plated and honed as RT says, and doesn't cause the oil to go black really fast as JD says, then what did you expect him to say?

We've (the KB community) been watching the underlying angst that appears to be in the local suspension market at the moment, with some interest... I'm guessing that most people are like me, and are only interested in the facts about each brands units, and not whatever market politics are currently going on.

Hence my post, FACTS!

I was just trying to help create a more open honest enviroment for all to be in here
    I fear the day technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots! ALBERT EINSTEIN

Bike
    Kawasaki
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Taylor View Post
    The Ohlins shock listed for this model is a hose reservoir type with independent rebound and compression adjustment, $1399 incl gst.
    If he bought that shock it would triple the bikes value , surely he would want something second hand or just rebuild the old shock, the other alternative is to get a second hand OE shock from a later model bike

Bike
    04 R6
    Quote Originally Posted by Sollyboy View Post
    If he bought that shock it would triple the bikes value , surely he would want something second hand or just rebuild the old shock, the other alternative is to get a second hand OE shock from a later model bike
    I actually kinda agree with you for once sollyboy

Im not looking at throwing 1.5K into a '86 slabbie just yet, so ohlins is out of the picture. I was looking at penske hoping to find the standard sport shock for around $800, similar with the basic WP emulsion, however the emulsion has turned out to be a wee bit steeper than i originally imagined.

If the penske sports is also gonna cost upward of $1200 i might just tear out the old shock and go get it rebuilt.

Bike
    GSXR450
    Quote Originally Posted by FilthyLuka View Post

Im not looking at throwing 1.5K into a '86 slabbie just yet, so ohlins is out of the picture. I was looking at penske hoping to find the standard sport shock for around $800, similar with the basic WP emulsion, however the emulsion has turned out to be a wee bit steeper than i originally imagined.

If the penske sports is also gonna cost upward of $1200 i might just tear out the old shock and go get it rebuilt.

Did I not give you a price on the Penske Sports shock? Way cheaper than the figure you mention above dude!

Bike
    04 R6
    Quote Originally Posted by imdying View Post
    Assuming the body isn't gouged and rooted, and the piston doo dakey isn't worn out too, won't you just end up with a rebuilt piece of 86 technology? Doesn't seem like comparing apples with apples? I would've thought an old slabby was an appreciating asset these days?
    That it is, but for some reason, slabbies with non genuine parts seem to go for less.

And if Shaun's right about the penske shock (no, you didn't email me back, price is not that bad eh?) then i will more than likely thwack that in, keep the stock shock for when the bike is sold

Same reason im gonna keep the old exhaust system, genuine part and all. Although the bike is runnning a bit manically compared to other old gsxr's, might be cam-ed, hmm...

Bike
    Kawasaki

There was a guy near the harbour bridge who used to take your stock shock and work some real magic on it , he did one for me and it worked real well , Im about 140kg and shocks are sometimes not able to be set for my weight that well , so he changed some shims and other stuff inside the shock , he can also make new
    shock parts from scratch like shafts etc , was a long time ago dont know if hes still abound

Bike
    GSXR450
    That it is, but for some reason, slabbies with non genuine parts seem to go for less.

And if Shaun's right about the penske shock (no, you didn't email me back, price is not that bad eh?) then i will more than likely thwack that in, keep the stock shock for when the bike is sold

Same reason im gonna keep the old exhaust system, genuine part and all. Although the bike is runnning a bit manically compared to other old gsxr's, might be cam-ed, hmm...

Sorry dude, I can be a looser some times, my office Buisness skills, need a good talking too haha

Email me once again please, I have a great price for you then

Bike
    04 R6
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    Sorry dude, I can be a looser some times, my office Buisness skills, need a good talking too haha

Email me once again please, I have a great price for you then
    dumdedoo, waitin for a price...

impatient? Me?! never...

Bike
    Honda PC800
    There was a guy near the harbour bridge who used to take your stock shock and work some real magic on it , he did one for me and it worked real well , Im about 140kg and shocks are sometimes not able to be set for my weight that well , so he changed some shims and other stuff inside the shock , he can also make new
    shock parts from scratch like shafts etc , was a long time ago dont know if hes still abound
    Tjebbe Bruin --Bloody nice guy -bit of a MX focus> he's done work for me Huge improvement in a factory pogged out CBR750 rear shock.
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    GSX-R1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    Ray Clee Motors- Do not know his number sorry

If no joy with White power, get back to me Regarding the USA Penske units or even the Fox units I am now bringing into New zealand
    For your info:

RCM Performance
    WP Suspension
    Henderson, Auckland
    PH: 838 2036

Bike
    Buell Xb12x, SR500
    that sounds like Tjebbe bruin at Bruin engineering

Bruin Engineering - Tjebbe Bruin - 09 - 480 - 9408

he's pretty busy but very good.

ken
    I am Jack's complete lack of remorse .

Bike
    Yes I do
    fYI: Hagon do a shock for the old GSXR too. My old one had one.

Cheers,

Sedge.

Bike
    04 R6
    Quote Originally Posted by sedge View Post
    fYI: Hagon do a shock for the old GSXR too. My old one had one.

Cheers,

Sedge.
    Ah, but the 64 thousand dollar question is, was it any good?

Thread Information