Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Kawasaki ninja 250r vs Hyosung gt250r

Bike
    Suzuki RF600R
    Kawasaki 250 is the best, I have owned about 6 250 road bikes and find the Kwakka most reliable and faster speed etc.

Bike
    2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250
    I didnt break it in as per the manuel, I took it realy easy first 300km then up to about 5-6000RPM till I did the 1000Km service which I did at 880km. at about 950km I started revving the gutts out of it. If you go to the 2fiddy site you see some people are flooring it the day they get the bike. some interesting comments where that they thought they were getting better fuel economy than the guys who broke in the engine as per the manuel. that doesnt really make sense to me. As for the upgrades, I know its just a 250 but I have been in the modified car scene for awhile and feel like I should do it to the bike aswell. the mods should make the bike a few kg's lighter(exhaust) as well as maybe 5-8 more HP I would think. and better looking too.

Bike
    2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250
    sorry forgot to ask, the yoshi wasnt my first choice of pipe. I wanted the HR1 system but my shop coulnt find any importers in NZ, anyone know an importer or even in Australia. not keen on buying overseas. cheers

Bike
    2006 Hyosung GT650R

Hyosung GT-R bars = adjustable

Yup, they're adjustable. Mine were set all the way back/inward. Just loosen the two capscrews (one underneath and one on the clamp) and thump the bars forward a bit and retighten the capscrews. Now after you have retightened the capscrews, go back and check they are tight. And then go back and check them again.

Steve
    "I am a licenced motorcycle instructor, I agree with dangerousbastard, no point in repeating what he said."
    "read what Steve says. He's right."
    "What Steve said pretty much summed it up."
    "I did axactly as you said and it worked...!!"
    "Wow, Great advise there DB."
    WTB: Hyosung bikes or going or not.

Bike
    2005 suzuki sv650n
    dont no if anyone has posted this.. i got 2 the fourth page an got bored
    honda/kawa should just make new cbr/zxr. id buy one.
    im guessing this wont happen cuz nz isnt a big enuf market.
    damn.
    go bill an ben :P

Bike
    Hyo 250R
    I have the hyo 250R, brought it for learning and it's definitly been good for that. I've riden the ninja too aswell and a zxr and in terms of handling it sits right in the middle, with the zxr on top and the ninja too soft in the suspension for my liking on bends (and I only weigh 65kg). You can tell the Zxr is designed as a race rep bike and you also get all the race rep problems .

Owned a Zxr as my first bike, fouled the plugs 4 times in 250k, as well as a multitude of other problems - sure this was probably a one off dud (which I got my money back on) but these bikes are 15-20 years old and sheer age will take its toll.

As for the ninja, power is ok, size is too small for me - 5' 11" but I was looking for something open road cruising between Palmy and New Plymouth and I just wasn't a fan of the suspension.

Never had a problem with the hyo except the tyres which yes, you do grow out of I think, got a GT501 on the back now honestly the world of difference for the handling department.

Oh and it's for sale now!
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=206032644

Price can be discussed

Bike
    Suzuki RF600R
    Kawasaki is the better bike

Thread Information