Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Kawasaki ninja 250r vs Hyosung gt250r

Bike
    k7 gsxr600
    Once you get your one maki come for a ride

Ive booked mine in for its first service on friday so I have 3 nights to do 500 more km to bring it up to 1000

Bike
    Merida
    Quote Originally Posted by dave_a View Post
    Once you get your one maki come for a ride

Ive booked mine in for its first service on friday so I have 3 nights to do 500 more km to bring it up to 1000
    Will do. I hope to get it around the beginning of March.

Bike
    Gn125
    I hate how on the hyo's you cant full lock without trapping your hands
    The only time I ever get full lock is when I'm turning the bike around on my back lawn, and my hands don't touch the tank.
    While you sit there liking things just cos' everyone else does, I'll be standing up here keeping it real.

Bike
    Nood Hyosung 2fiddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragingrob View Post
    But often a $4k used bike will be sold after a few years for the same due to the 250cc market...As long as you pick the bike out it carefully. I dunno if I'd ever wanna buy a new 250 just because you only have it for what 1.5 years and a $2k loss in 1.5 years is shite!
    I bought mine for $6k Brand new and sold it for $5k aftre 2 years and 20,000K's. Add another grand for oil, filters, tyres, insurance = $2 and the bus would have cost me $6000 in the same two years so the bike saved me $4000!! Value plus I recon.
    I'm selling my new riding gear!! Only worn a few times get a deal Kiwibikers!!
    http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...53#post1414653

Bike
    Merida

Bike
    06 GT250R Electric Mango
    My response to all of this how many GPX riders have people complimenting you on your bike?

Had one today on the Nelson Street offramp. Pulled to the front of the queue, this guy then moves up beside me. I thought he was just pissed that I had moved in front of him and was about to have a go at him, when he wound down his window and complimented me on how the bike looks and how do I find it to ride

As for speed a 250 is a 250, its a starter bike and speed should not be the essential thing to be shopping for. Ok a hyo does 160'ish a CBR does 190'ish, who cares either way you will be walking for the next 6 months once you get caught

I've had my full for a while now, not in any rush to upgrade the Hyo suits my needs perfectly. As for the upgrade I will probably go for the SV650 rather than the Hyo 650, just because I like the SV

Bike
    Soursaki
    Quote Originally Posted by Fub@r View Post
    My response to all of this how many GPX riders have people complimenting you on your bike?

None - except my kids I guess.

I've had my full for a while now, not in any rush to upgrade the Hyo suits my needs perfectly. As for the upgrade I will probably go for the SV650 rather than the Hyo 650, just because I like the SV
    I was thinking about the same with the SV. I need a bit more load in the rear shock. GPX bottoms out once I put my touring bags on. Rear shock on the GPX is soft

Bike
    Too many to count
    TL;DR

get the fxr150

teach you how to ride properly for only $2k, reasonably new bike, reliable as anything, doesn't matter if you drop it, wont depreciate unless you scratch it and even then it's only a few hundy loss

Bike
    k7 gsxr600
    Quote Originally Posted by Fub@r View Post

Had one today on the Nelson Street offramp. Pulled to the front of the queue, this guy then moves up beside me. I thought he was just pissed that I had moved in front of him and was about to have a go at him, when he wound down his window and complimented me on how the bike looks and how do I find it to ride

As for speed a 250 is a 250, its a starter bike and speed should not be the essential thing to be shopping for. Ok a hyo does 160'ish a CBR does 190'ish, who cares either way you will be walking for the next 6 months once you get caught

ask chazza_404 who owns a hyo how much attention and compliments I get on my "GPX" its endless no matter where I go I get people asking me what size it is,saying how nice it is, Even at another motorbike shop where I didnt buy it from they all came out and commented on how nice the bike was.

sure the old GPX's are ugly as sin but the new ones are definatly not

Bike
    Soursaki
    ask chazza_404 who owns a hyo how much attention and compliments I get on my "GPX" its endless no matter where I go I get people asking me what size it is,saying how nice it is, Even at another motorbike shop where I didnt buy it from they all came out and commented on how nice the bike was.

sure the old GPX's are ugly as sin but the new ones are definatly not
    Yeah sucks if you bought one in September 07 and then found out a month later a new model was on its way for just $1000 more (that was me). I guess I did do 10000km on the GPX before the new model hit our shores. Another 10000km on the GN would have killed my buzz for biking, so is not all bad and it was $6000. Still would have paid $7000 for the new one though, nice bikes.

Bike
    2020 Yamaha R3
    Quote Originally Posted by Maki View Post
    Thanks. It actually IS a lot lighter than the Hyo.

From both of the manufactures sites

Hyosung
    Dry weight: 171Kg

Kawasaki
    Dry weight: 151Kg

The Kawa is a hell of lot lighter, which for me I prefer as I used to have to wheel my GSX backwards into the garage, which was on a bit of an incline. That used to be a bitch.

Both bikes look really nice. Personally I think the Hyosung looks better but the Kawasaki got the name, even people who have not ridden a bike know what a Kawasaki from memory the old jingle was “Kawasaki Ninja cool Kawasaki Ninja Rule”

Bike
    1986 GSX400E
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyz View Post
    $2k in 18 mths isnt that bad for a trouble free bike. And now Hyo and Kwaka have put 2 decent 250s on the market for a reasonable price I am expecting the pre '94 250s to drop in price to where they should be....... $1000-1500
    I'm not so sure about that. Ok so the new kawa and hyo look the part, but they are really quite shite bikes! I ride a '93 ZXR 250 C and am used to it's insane RPM engine. When i rode a hyosung GT250R i accidently valve bounced it because i was accelerating anticipating the engine to 'kick in' but it never did. As for the new kawa? Sure it looks like a sleek baby 6R but it's only a 2 cyl and is rated at 30 hp (although i haven't ridden it...).

I think the older 250's are always going to be expensive because they just dont make them like that anymore! Sadly...

Dont even get me started on the NSR or RGV's...

Bike
    2020 Yamaha R3
    That’s true the older 250’s are better but how many people really want to get a bike that’s over 12 years old for almost the same price you could get a new bike.

Hmm kawa has 3.8 more horse than the hyo, hmm think I might get a kawa

Bike
    none
    This is my 2c, if your after hp and performance you'd be better going for some of the older 250s before they were limited by emission standards etc, 3.8hp? your not going to notice the difference.

Things i like about the new ninja
    - Can have full handle bar turns without being restricted by hands interfering with the tank (on hyos they touch) = easier for Uturns
    - More upright commuter position is less strain on the body
    - Looks like a mini zx6r etc and with no 250 labels etc to the general public people might think its a big one (i duno maybe for trying to show off to the ladies )

Things i dislike about it
    - single front brake (debatable whether there is a need for dual on a 250 but there's no harm in having extra brakes)
    - smaller rider size (heh i cant fit on it :P )

Things i like about the hyosung
    - large size bike, better suited for taller riders
    - digital display
    - dual front disc brakes
    - tank snugs up towards chest feels more stable

Things i dislike about the hyosung
    - more leaned over riding position can strain body
    - can't fully turn handle bars (for u turns etc as stated above)

Things i dislike about both
    these are visual things which can be fixed with effort :P
    - pipes are a bit ugly
    - rear fenders are gross (the kawa goes down quite far)

these points are just from my opinion, id say if you want performance get an older bike and if you want better looks go for the newer ones while your at it you should just ask yourself what your wanting the bike for and that will determine what one you get

Bike
    2020 Yamaha R3
    True, I would still rather have a new bike rather than an old one, then again by the time I get the money together we will probably be debateing on if the 09 hyo is better than the kawa lol

Thread Information