Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Kawasaki ninja 250r vs Hyosung gt250r

Bike
    2010 CB600, 2007 ZX14
    Quote Originally Posted by chazza404 View Post
    - smaller rider size (heh i cant fit on it :P )
    Buuuuuuuuuullshit. I literally melted into the seating position on the '08 Ninja and I am 6'2 92kg. I have a friend who is 6'3 and 108~kg with no problems on the *07* GPX250. On longer rides yeah, you're gonna have to hop off and have a stretch around (When I would go from Auckland -> Whangamata I would stop at Kopu for 5mins and be off again, on a 1990 GPX250, for day trips most of the stops were for lunch/toilet breaks), but in my opinion it is nothing compared to Hyosungs radical forward lean.

Most of my 6'2 is all leg, so unless you are 8ft with spider legs, I call bullshit.

Looking too big for the bike and not being able to fit on it are two seperate things.

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by zeocen View Post
    Buuuuuuuuuullshit......

Most of my 6'2 is all leg, so unless you are 8ft with spider legs, I call bullshit....

Looking too big for the bike and not being able to fit on it are two seperate things.
    there's no need to start swearing, you might recall on the previous page I stated that;
    This is my 2c......

these points are just from my opinion
    This is my experience, when I went and sat on it at the shop and having since sat on my friend's ninja I find that my knees go past the indent for them and the point between the two curves slightly digs into the side of my knees, maybe this is my body shape I don't know, this is just my experience with it.

I wasn't saying it intending for a looks more than ridability point, if you want looks buy a one piece and ride a ducati.

I'm not going to have an argument about this, if I did then it'd be just like skidmark's post about his thoughts on the new ninja not that I agree with the way he went about it.

At the end of the day I would have bought the ninja if I felt comfortable on it but I didn't and I've got a hyo which hasn't missed a beat so I'm more than happy.

Heck don't listen to me, don't listen to anyone just go sit on it and test it and go from there.

Bike
    2020 Yamaha R3
    Can any one tell me how much fuel each one uses and what type

Bike
    '18 DRZ400SM
    On my Hyosung I get about 350-400Km from a 17L Tank of 98, about $28 worth.
    "It would be spiteful, to put jellyfish in a trifle."
    \m/ o.o \m/

Bike
    none
    higher octane the better

On my hyosung i use 95 or 98 etc the best i can find when i need to top up, i usually do around 350k on a tank then refill (cant get the trip counter working so just run till on E) averaging 25-27 KpL

Bike
    2020 Yamaha R3
    higher octane the better

On my hyosung i use 95 or 98 etc the best i can find when i need to top up, i usually do around 350k on a tank then refill (cant get the trip counter working so just run till on E) averaging 25-27 KpL

Higher octane is not always better depends on how the engine is tuned.
    For example my cage (98 wrx) gets about 450km from 98 and 480-490km from 96.
    All depends on how its tuned.

Bike
    Custom Nifty-Fiity. SR71
    I was all set to buy a new ninja 250 as a first bike. I rode the hyosung and was impressed as it was smooth and easy to ride but could see myself being bored by it before it's time to upgrade to a bigger bike. Looking at the specs for the new ninja 250 tho, it is visually very appealling but is basically the same as the older version. Except it's a a two stroke. I rode a '92 honda cb250rr and it would leave the hyosung for dead, and was faster and easier to handle than the Kawa gpx250 I rode today which makes me think its probably better than the new ninja too. Am gonna go with the honda and get the REAL ninja when I'm ready for it

Bike
    04 GSXR 1000
    Blog Entries
    Why waste serious coin on a 250 when its going to get damaged either way with learner riders..save the coin for upgrading..

Learn on a crappy old 250 bin it, drop it learn the maintenance on it get the know how etc, so when it comes to upgrading you will have a mint looking bike, know how to not drop it, properly care and maintain it.
    My bass is such a slapper.......I cant stop fingering those strings

Bike
    Z1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyhawk View Post
    Why waste serious coin on a 250 when its going to get damaged either way with learner riders..save the coin for upgrading..

Learn on a crappy old 250 bin it, drop it learn the maintenance on it get the know how etc, so when it comes to upgrading you will have a mint looking bike, know how to not drop it, properly care and maintain it.
    I bought a brand new Hyo GT250 to 're-learn' and redo my licence... the LTSA lost my licence 18 years ago (imagine a Govt dept screwing up) . oh- back to the subject.
    Cost me 6900, plus service checks, sold it for $6000 just over 9 months later (only took 2 days to sell) - 100 bucks a month - worth every cent.

I don't think I'd ever buy a second hand bike -- if something small goes wrong, there's big consequences.

Bike
    04 GSXR 1000
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    I bought a brand new Hyo GT250 to 're-learn' and redo my licence... the LTSA lost my licence 18 years ago (imagine a Govt dept screwing up) . oh- back to the subject.
    Cost me 6900, plus service checks, sold it for $6000 just over 9 months later (only took 2 days to sell) - 100 bucks a month - worth every cent.

I don't think I'd ever buy a second hand bike -- if something small goes wrong, there's big consequences.
    Awesome, but I think most whom buy into the market chances are they probably have never rode a bike before, nor done any off road riding either.

Govt screwing up...never....must be a new legislation which is in process of passing

Bike
    Z1000
    Only Off-road riding I ever did was unplanned.
    I'm on a Litre now, but I still consider myself 'inexperienced'

I think that having a 'nice' bike to look after, y'know clean & polish & not scratch will help noobs stay in one piece. Having an old junker that you don't care about - won't teach anyone to take care of their bike and themselves

Bike
    Z1000
    Govt screwing up...never....must be a new legislation which is in process of passing
    Don't get me started.... I've had one Ten-year Driving licence, 2 lifetime Driving licences, 1 Lifetime firearms licence WTF. I need to live to 1000.

5h!t - you got me started.

Bike
    04 GSXR 1000
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    Don't get me started.... I've had one Ten-year Driving licence, 2 lifetime Driving licences, 1 Lifetime firearms licence WTF. I need to live to 1000.

5h!t - you got me started.
    HAHA thats alright a good mate of mine still has the old paper licence and refuses to get the new one!!

I have mine somewhere stll but it was a learners, just for "back in the days" purposes lol...

As for govt, well the economy isnt the best considering I think it's 2/3rds of our exports go to Oz.

Bike
    Z1000
    HAHA thats alright a good mate of mine still has the old paper licence and refuses to get the new one!!

I have mine somewhere stll but it was a learners, just for "back in the days" purposes lol...

As for govt, well the economy isnt the best considering I think it's 2/3rds of our exports go to Oz.
    Back to the thread. Buy a nice bike and look after it like your life depends on it (what a coincidence)

Bike
    04 ZX10R 98 ZX9R #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Damantis View Post
    Looking at the specs for the new ninja 250 tho, it is visually very appealling

yes it is

but is basically the same as the older version.
    no its not
    Except it's a a two stroke.
    no its not
    I rode a '92 honda cb250rr and it would leave the hyosung for dead,
    I think the leave for dead would depend on the rider, the condition of the 16yr old bike.
    and was faster and easier to handle than the Kawa gpx250 I rode today which makes me think its probably better than the new ninja too.
    Am gonna go with the honda and get the REAL ninja when I'm ready for it
    bit of a video review here http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...ad.php?t=68803

Nearly all men can stand adversity and hard time, but if you want to test a mans true character, give him power....
    YouTube Videos
    MY PICTURES

Best place to stay in Hawkes Bay here

Thread Information