Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Kawasaki ninja 250r vs Hyosung gt250r

Quote Originally Posted by skidMark View Post
    lol why ya say that.

and err yer if i go spend 15-17k on a 06-07 zx10r i aint gunna be pushing it dude.

not for the first little while anyways.

sniff sniff whats that smell?

well son i think thats the smell of BULLSHIT!!!!
    Then I could get a Kb Tshirt, move to Timaru and become a full time crossdressing faggot

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    If I was starting as a learner right now, I'd buy a GN250 and put motocross bars on it.

Actually, no, I tell a lie. I'd just go buy another Zeal.

kiwibiker is full of love, an disrespect.
    - mikey

Bike
    04 hyosung comet 250....in black!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jrandom View Post
    If I was starting as a learner right now, I'd buy a GN250 and put motocross bars on it.

Actually, no, I tell a lie. I'd just go buy another Zeal.

Wats so good about a zeal? I gave one a test ride and didnt do much for me, wasnt very comfortable, didnt pull very fast....

Dont get me wrong, I liked the bike..... as an average one. But it wasnt exeptional
    No good deed goes unpunished...Leakproof seals-will...selfstarters-will not...Interchangeable parts-won't...In order to get a loan u need to prove u dont need it!!

Bike
    No offence intended to ya haha just wonderin wat u thort
    No good deed goes unpunished...Leakproof seals-will...selfstarters-will not...Interchangeable parts-won't...In order to get a loan u need to prove u dont need it!!

Bike
    2020 Yamaha R3
    Has any one got any links to some reviews of both bikes?

Being the nature of any forum it doesn’t take long before we get off topic

Bike
    k7 gsxr600
    me and my mate actuly have one brand new one of each we can ride over and u can check em out urself

Bike
    They're both really good bikes.

IMO the Ninja 250 will be better for the shorter/smaller riders. the bike is pretty thin, the tyre profiles are thinner than the ZXR and Hyosung...

The pictures hide how small the new Ninja is, the fairings are most of the bike, they add on to the size of the bike...

The Ninja also has a fuel injected version, which is faster but about $1000 - $1500 more expensive, so most dealers in NZ won't bother bringing them in... in effect the new Ninja has the GPX engine... so if you wouldn't buy the GPX why buy the Ninja?

They're about the same price depending on where you shop, they have very similar top end speeds... and parts for both cost about the same, but I'm guessing the Ninja parts and service are gonna be higher than the Hyosung...

If your keen on checking them out and want a really good descrption of each, come on in to Mt Eden Motorcycles, they are bringing in 9 Ninjas a month and already the 08 Hyosungs in store... No better way to decide whats better than to check them out in person
    I'm not a complete idiot... some pieces are missing

Quote Originally Posted by DingDong
    "Hi... I rang about the cats you have for sale..."..... "oh... you have children.... how much for the children?"

mucho papoosa bueno no panocha

Bike
    1992 VFR400R, 2007 SV650 Pro Twin
    Well I've raced CBR250RR's, and they rock.

The GPX and the Hyosung are quite a bit behind the CBR and ZXR in terms of performance and handling.

On the race track I've ridden 600's and spent a day on a Hayabusa at Taupo. The CBR250 is as fun as any of them as long as you've got people to dice with. In fact I had the most fun with the least stress on the CBR on the track. I've had my full licence for ages and it's still my pick of the road bikes too. Way better at lane splitting safely than the modern 600's, it just turns in so quickly so you can dodge people trying to kill you.

With regards to the VTwin being any more powerful than an inline twin, I don't really think it would make a difference. Comes down to weight of the bikes, and quality of build, and obviously appearance. I think the Hyo looks alright to the uninitiated, so if you want to trick people thats the bike to get. But the Kawasaki would be a better build, lighter and easier to turn I reckon, and probably quicker.

Bike
    2007 Yamaha R-Sixer
    Blog Entries
    i agree with vtec, cbr250rr was my pick of 250's with the zxr not far behind, however regardless of what 250 anyone chooses, thats exactly what they are "250cc" which is why in nz they're the maximum cc rating whilst learning, i'm sure some may possibly corner better than larger bikes so on and so forth, however get your learner bike, learn how to ride it and worry about horsepower when you finally upgrade.

Bike
    2020 Yamaha R3
    Quote Originally Posted by dave_a View Post
    me and my mate actuly have one brand new one of each we can ride over and u can check em out urself

Have you ridden both and how do you think they stack up against each other?

I would be keen to take you up on that offer but I need to find a mate whose got a shitty little bike for me to get my skills back on, before I go playing with anything decent.

Bike
    1999 RS250 Aprilia
    Quote Originally Posted by renegade master View Post
    i'd prefer a good cbr or zxr250 - tops out at 200km/hr.
    ????? down hill with a tale wind if your lucky. Had a 95 zxr250, after market can, freshly serviced, top condition etc and itd do about 190kmh on a LONG straight b4 there was just no more left. Changing the sprockets, maybe, but both the zxr and cbr are notorious for having dodgy speedos at the higher ends anyway (mind you so are the hyos from other forums iv read).

True though, i prefer the zxrs n cbrs, better performance, lower price and nicer to ride (i thought anyway), but the new bikes provide a slower platform for people to develop on, as a 1st bike the hyos n new kwakas are good, i dont think i could ride one for two years without getting board, especially if have a go on a older zxr or cbr.

Bike
    Hyo big

Ninja small

Bike
    Merida
    Quote Originally Posted by placidfemme View Post
    They're both really good bikes.

The Ninja also has a fuel injected version, which is faster but about $1000 - $1500 more expensive, so most dealers in NZ won't bother bringing them in... in effect the new Ninja has the GPX engine... so if you wouldn't buy the GPX why buy the Ninja?

They're about the same price depending on where you shop, they have very similar top end speeds... and parts for both cost about the same, but I'm guessing the Ninja parts and service are gonna be higher than the Hyosung...
    Correct me if I am wrong but I was under the impression that the carb version weighs slightly less, and has a little bit more power than the fuel injected one. That being the case, then how is the fuel injected one faster?

"Everyone" knows that the new Ninja and the GPX are basicly exactly the same bike apart from minor details such as bigger wheels, a different suspension, better brakes, different engine, different instruments and a more modern look. That being the case, if you didn't want the GPX you sure as hell wouldn't want to fork out $1000 more for the new Ninja! Especially since a bike of impeccable quality like the Hyosung is available for just a few $ more, hell, the Hyosung even probably has cheaper parts and servicing than the Kawasaki! (Who cares about reliability, quality and 2 year vs 1 year warranty...)

Could we just hear from some people who have actually ridden both bikes? They seem few and far between, unlike people who have big mouths and know little and are thick on the ground...

Bike
    k7 gsxr600

All I can say is I am more than happy with my new bike, handling, speed, looks everything. Dont regret buying the ninja over the hyo one bit. well worth the extra 3 months wait for it

It definatly feels alot lighter than a hyo and feels alot easier to throw into corners.plus I hate how on the hyo's you cant full lock without trapping your hands

and as for speed Who cares there both just 250's both around the same speed and more than enough to keep me happy in the twisties and does 110kmh plus on the motorway comfortably.

Bike
    Merida
    Thanks. It actually IS a lot lighter than the Hyo.

Thread Information