Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Kawasaki ninja 250r vs Hyosung gt250r

Bike
    Honda Fireblade

Kawasaki ninja 250r vs Hyosung gt250r

Ok looks like the new Kawasaki's are starting to trickle in to the country, nice looking bike. My mate was just about to go get a Hyosung then spotted the Kawasaki on trademe. It looks like it could be a good contender in the 250cc market, more horse power...slightly cheaper and not so heavy.

So what do ya think?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...-137564751.htm

Bike
    Honda Fireblade
    Just found there is a thread in the sports bike forum on this topic, looks like lots of info there. Can some one post a review of that thread as going through all ten pages may take awhile. Im lazy hehe

Bike
    k7 gsxr600
    both are fine bikes, No doubt the kawa is a better built bike coming from kawasaki and it has a 2 year warranty as opossed to hyos 1 year or 10 000 km

both very nice looking bikes

but if your a tall dude the hyo is a bit bigger so above 6 foot might get uncomfy but reading ninja250.org theres some dude on there who are 6 4 so guess it depends on you

kawa is 6995 plus onroad
    hyo is 7195 plus onroad

Bike
    04 ZX10R 98 ZX9R #10
    interesting that they call them a 2008 gpx ninja when they are registered as a ex250. Monie has one next door. Really nice bikes. PM her or (meanie (her better half) if you want an opinion from someone who rides one every day.

Nearly all men can stand adversity and hard time, but if you want to test a mans true character, give him power....
    YouTube Videos
    MY PICTURES

Best place to stay in Hawkes Bay here

Bike
    k7 gsxr600
    or after monday ill let you know how mine goes

we need someone to take them both to a track and see which one laps faster maybe somthing for kiwi rider mag to do?
    Then I could get a Kb Tshirt, move to Timaru and become a full time crossdressing faggot

Bike
    2013 GSXR-1300 Hayabusa
    My 2c worth, get a bike for around 3 grand to learn on. When the time comes you'll have that extra 4 grand you didn't spend on the kwaka or hyobag to spend on better gear, more bling and a nice big bike. Oh btw anyone else see the 400cc yellow ducati monster they just got in at mt eden mc's. 30 thous on the clock, looked pretty mint and going for 6 thou. I had a sit on it, bloody comfy and felt like it could be a real nippy bike.

Bike
    S1000RR
    Quote Originally Posted by renegade master View Post
    we need someone to take them both to a track and see which one laps faster maybe somthing for kiwi rider mag to do?
    Just some words from the Dealer:

• GT250R has more torque since its a V-twin
    • The Kawasaki is born with GPX name rather ZXR name
    • GPX (ninja) is not a sports bike.... well... simi-sports bike

EJ: "Is it a knee-down type bike?"
    Dealer: ""

Thats all from the dealer so don't argue with me

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    VFR400, ZX9R, GSXR750, ZXR750, TRX850
    Lol EJ +1!

Bike
    04 ZX10R 98 ZX9R #10
    Quote Originally Posted by renegade master View Post
    why? I would think learner riders on learner bikes would be doing a fair bit more road riding than track riding.

Quote Originally Posted by Drider87 View Post
    My 2c worth, get a bike for around 3 grand to learn on. When the time comes you'll have that extra 4 grand you didn't spend on the kwaka or hyobag to spend on better gear, more bling and a nice big bike. Oh btw anyone else see the 400cc yellow ducati monster they just got in at mt eden mc's. 30 thous on the clock, looked pretty mint and going for 6 thou. I had a sit on it, bloody comfy and felt like it could be a real nippy bike.
    I think you forgot that you will get that money back when you trade it. So for $7k you get a warrenty and a bike that you know how it has been treated for its entire life. Trade it back for $5k and the bike has cost you $2k. Buy a 15-20yr old bike for $4-5k and it blows up you got nothing.

Nearly all men can stand adversity and hard time, but if you want to test a mans true character, give him power....
    YouTube Videos
    MY PICTURES

Bike
    But often a $4k used bike will be sold after a few years for the same due to the 250cc market...As long as you pick the bike out it carefully. I dunno if I'd ever wanna buy a new 250 just because you only have it for what 1.5 years and a $2k loss in 1.5 years is shite!

Bike
    04 ZX10R 98 ZX9R #10
    $2k in 18 mths isnt that bad for a trouble free bike. And now Hyo and Kwaka have put 2 decent 250s on the market for a reasonable price I am expecting the pre '94 250s to drop in price to where they should be....... $1000-1500

YouTube Videos
    MY PICTURES

Bike
    Hmmm but you've gotta go through the hassle of wearing the bike in the first so many k's and doing your first service with the shop. Also as a learner you would be far more worried about any scratches at all and dropping and all. Don't these 250's have less HP than the older bikes due to restrictions in Japan aswell?

Bike
    04 ZX10R 98 ZX9R #10
    running a bike in is a great way to learn how to ride it.

scratches? Well I dont know about you but my first road bike wasnt new but it was mint and I didnt want to scratch it. Just cause its second hand doesnt mean people treat it like shit.

Well there is the RS if you do want horsepower.

YouTube Videos
    MY PICTURES

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyz View Post
    why? I would think learner riders on learner bikes would be doing a fair bit more road riding than track riding.

I think you forgot that you will get that money back when you trade it. So for $7k you get a warrenty and a bike that you know how it has been treated for its entire life. Trade it back for $5k and the bike has cost you $2k. Buy a 15-20yr old bike for $4-5k and it blows up you got nothing.
    not all riders on 250s are learners. Poor people like speed too you know.
    Then I could get a Kb Tshirt, move to Timaru and become a full time crossdressing faggot

Thread Information