Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Pamela the Bucket

Bike
    2018 Ducati Monster 797
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kendog View Post
    I am so proud of you baby.

For your first attempt at anything like this you did a fantastic job, only missing one race finish due to some other twat getting in your way. Pamela always looked great (even with a slightly broken arse) and to take out place for the season, magic.

Well done Honey.

And a big thanks to Skunk for making it all possible
    Thanks babe

Bike
    2018 Ducati Monster 797
    Blog Entries

Pamela's Last Points Race

So.... last points round of the season, Pammy had her rear taped from the last round where we'd had ourselves a close encounter with the ground and we were sitting in third position on the points table behind two people that wouldn't be racing in the last round, but we were closely followed by some faster folks who were coming, and we don't have a good record of finishing with many points, just finishing was always my motto.
    So I didn't really have high hopes for placing well in the final telly of points unless the others had shit races, which they didn't.

It was bloody windy, Pammy's not the heaviest wee thing, so my ballast weight may have helped us not get blown off the track a few times, but it was some what scary at times out there I have to say, especially as some of the corners had been made so tight I was crawling around them, couldn't really get any speed up to stop us being blown about.
    Pammy was being a little reluctant to start, so I have to say a huge thanks to Fishy, F5Dave, Nudemetalz, Skunk, Kendog and a number of other folks who tirelessly helped me try and sort whatever issue she was having (still not sure what it is, so will have to have a play about and try and fix it) and pushing her broken arse and my fat arse about to get her started. I spent a lot of time sitting on her while she was running, too afraid to turn her off in case she didn't start again as we'd already missed several practice sessions pushing her about trying to get her to go!

The points races went as expected, we got good starts each time (That's something Pammy is good at... she's an eager beaver, always screaming, including when I'm trying to tiptoe around the tight corners in first and she's screaming her head off while I'm basically using the clutch to stop her careering off into the tires!), however we finished about 5th or 6th in each race, our favored position! Finishing the races was my goal, and we achieved that, as well as putting in some nasty blocking maneuvers (Sorry Number One ) and trying to hold a few people up, hey, it's the only tactic I have up my sleeve, and we're good at it apparently, so I'll use it!

Our only real "Oh Fuck" moment was not long before our final points race I went out to the pits to make sure Pammy's bolts were all still tight to find her lying on her side! The wind had blown her over and she had leaked a bit of gearbox oil, lost her nylon bar end and snapped her clutch lever!! FUCK!!
    Panicked I race over to my dear hubby who offers me the one off his bike, but then we remembered that Skunk had finished for the day and Pammy's brother bike would have a clutch that would fit. Skunk was out waving flags so figured he wouldn't mind if I thieved his clutch lever. So a quick rape and pillage and a few adjustments and we had Pammy sorted again, in true bucket styles, just before the points race. So thanks Andrew

Pammy has some issues to sort before my buddy Number One and I team up for the hour long endurance race in a few months, a shaking front end, reluctant starting and a new clutch lever, so hopefully I'll be able to sort those things.

So anyway, I finished third in the B Grade, not too bad considering the best we'd managed to get in a points race was a 4th. I put this down to two things, neither have anything to do with my riding ability! First: luck, other's mechanical failures, crashing or not consistently turning up for races; and Pamela: she just keeps on keeping on, yes she's reluctant to start sometimes and like all good buckets, has some strange knocks, shaking and dodgy brakes, but I love her for the fact that she just goes and goes and goes....!!!

I thank Skunk for this, he is always helping me and believe me, I come up with some stupid questions sometimes, but he's always patient with me and helps me get Pammy sorted, so thanks Skunk, you're a gem!!
    My riding has improved and I've learned some new ways to get around Pammy's 4 speed gear box thanks to Sully60 and his coaching and tips to help me along. Thanks Sully it's muchly appreciated along with all your encouragement and help, means a lot from someone whom I greatly admire and respect.
    Also my Norf Welly Massif sister, Number One! You are an inspiration to me chick, you always encourage me, pass me nicely and keep me smiling, thanks buddy and with your strap-on on!!
    Kendog, my patient and bomb proof hubby without whom I'd probably end up sitting in the pits with Pammy trying to get her to start! Your encouragement, support and unflappable nature help me in so many ways, especially when I have a melt-down and you just quietly help me and send me out on the track, even when ypu have your own bucket issues, you, Pammy is yours to ride anytime you want!

So at the end of the day,yes, I'm very proud of myself and Pamela. We're still chugging along even after just about losing her engine at the BOB while riding in some atrocious weather, crashing and breaking her arse and a few other minor technical difficulties. Pamela's racing career is coming to an end, a few more races to go then she will become the "back-up bucket" and I'm sure she will relish her semi-retirement. GO Pammy!!!

Bike
    SW-125R(F4-TF125), ZXRD400, RD250LC
    Blog Entries
    You've done really well! A well deserved third place in the series. Your consistency and tenacity won though. Good on ya.

Bike
    Aprilia Shiver 750, Suzuki RG150E
    Yup you did well for sure. Pamela may have been a bitch at times but you never gave up.
    Onwards to next season with Rangi !!

"...you meet the weirdest people riding a Guzzi !!..."

Bike
    Husky TE310, 2 Buckets and a ZXR250C
    Well done. I have done this to my AX

-Ivan's crappy chamber and stuipdly lean mixture.
    -Running it again with a different chamber but still stupidly lean.
    -Back firing .
    -Running on one ring and half a side skirt on one side.
    -Thrashing it cold.

All of these things have been done on or above red line.
    Something about the AX's where they just keep on wanting to go!

Long live Pamela! and the AX's

Bike
    2005 Firestorm
    Blog Entries
    Ma sister from another mother! I got me strap-on on You weren't just blocking you were actually getting faster and faster all the time too...so don't go playing your skills down chick!!!

Bike
    2 black ones..black is alway's good
    Quote Originally Posted by Kendog View Post
    I am so proud of you baby.

For your first attempt at anything like this you did a fantastic job, only missing one race finish due to some other twat getting in your way. Pamela always looked great (even with a slightly broken arse) and to take out place for the season, magic.

Well done Honey.

And a big thanks to Skunk for making it all possible

Someone give me a bucket....

No seriously, someone give me a bucket. I want to give this a try.

Good to see that man of yours is supporting you Trudes. An awesome achievement to get in your first season.
    I'm only wearing black until they develop something darker

We came, We listened, And in one voice we answered
    BULLSHIT!! BULLSHIT!! BULLSHIT!! BULLSHIT!! BULLSHIT!!

Bike
    SW-125R(F4-TF125), ZXRD400, RD250LC
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post

Come along and ask...

Bike
    XB12R, FXR150, Ducati 400ss, 1125CR

Good to see that man of yours is supporting you Trudes. An awesome achievement to get in your first season.
    we are away for the next round .. but if skunk wants to pick up the RG50, i am sure you could have a go on it.......

cost ya a tank of gas though.. err about 2lts is all it holds... lasted OVER an hr in CHCH.. and all day here.. so $5... plus oil...

if you want to try it out... let me know and i will arrange it...

what a ride so far!!!!

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Skunk View Post
    Come along and ask...
    I had intended coming along on Sunday but due to other arrangements, never made it until late afternoon. I arrived at the top of the hill just as everyone was packing up the track. I was also looking at the path down and thinking road tyres were not the best option for going down that hill.

Bike
    2005 Firestorm
    Blog Entries
    I was also looking at the path down and thinking road tyres were not the best option for going down that hill.
    I bet Bejamin woulda given it a go

Bike
    Goose
    You did awesome chick. Im really proud of you. You deserved that placing!
    "Some people are like clouds, once they fuck off, it's a great day!"

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Number One View Post
    I bet Bejamin woulda given it a go
    Had it been the start of the day then I would have just went for it. But couldn't see the point of negotiating the hill only to watch folks packing up and then have to go back up again. That wind was bloody strong and I got blown sideways a number of times. I did come down to the right hand sweeper that had the run off on the left. It gave me a good view of the track but that next bit was a little steep for road tyres.

Bike
    XB12R, FXR150, Ducati 400ss, 1125CR
    I had intended coming along on Sunday but due to other arrangements, never made it until late afternoon. I arrived at the top of the hill just as everyone was packing up the track. I was also looking at the path down and thinking road tyres were not the best option for going down that hill.
    HTFU.. i got the buell there and back without snapping a belt..

lol

what a ride so far!!!!

Bike
    Goose
    Had it been the start of the day then I would have just went for it. But couldn't see the point of negotiating the hill only to watch folks packing up and then have to go back up again. That wind was bloody strong and I got blown sideways a number of times. I did come down to the right hand sweeper that had the run off on the left. It gave me a good view of the track but that next bit was a little steep for road tyres.
    I rode the A100 with drum (NO) brakes all the way there and home again!
    "Some people are like clouds, once they fuck off, it's a great day!"

Thread Information