Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoTT trackday, Friday 29 Feb

Bike
    Honda PC800
    No please --Ive never been on a track before--what do I need to do--will my bike be ok?---is there anything i need to know ?
    I'd be sooo scared of running ovah the feet of those poor tard riders
    Do peypul crash there a lot (speshully turn 2/3)
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    nothing :(
    Quote Originally Posted by jrandom View Post
    WIN OR BIN!

2nd is the faster looser! and its not a racing its speed testing
    Second is the fastest loser

"It is better to have ridden & crashed than never to have ridden at all" by Bruce Bennett

DB is the new Porridge. Cause most of the mods must be sucking his cock ..... Or his giving them some oral help? How else can you explain it?

Bike
    that one in my sig
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwifruit View Post
    Run slightly lower tyre pressures to get a bit more sidewall flex / faster warm up

Play in your own sandpit

look as far ahead as you can

be smooth and progressive

don't worry about what people think of how fast or slow you are, they don't care... they are too worried about how fast / slow people think they are.....
    too true! I'm not afraid to be honest about my skill level on the road so should be sweet.

How does the extra sidewall flex help? More grip over the bumps when cranked over?

have fun

go in the fast group if you can, in the afternoon say if you are comfortable with the medium group, fast group tends to be smaller with riders taking better lines... you'll learn more

have fun

drink plenty of water

have breakfast
    I'm hoping I'm improving heaps through the day. The limiting factor will be how much I trust the tyres and how much feedback I'm getting from them.

Quote Originally Posted by boostin View Post
    Hold your line, don't look behind you, it is the passers responsibility to make the pass without upsetting the person being past.
    That's going to be the hardest part! Hoping I can tune them out.

Quote Originally Posted by jrandom View Post
    WIN OR BIN!

Guess I better win... Not so keen to bin

Bike
    HONDA EXPRESS
    Quote Originally Posted by discotex View Post
    How does the extra sidewall flex help?
    Tyres get up to temp faster.
    A good proportion of bins happen because of tyres not up to temp
    What sort of tyres are you running?

www.PhotoRecall.co.nz

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by discotex View Post
    That's going to be the hardest part! Hoping I can tune them out.
    You have to tune them out or you will fall off thats not even a maybe.
    I was a few weeks (okay maybe just a week ago) in the slow group testing a bike and the one guy was constantly looking back to see where i was and i did not want to pass him in the corners as he was a nervous rider but his constant looking back almost had him off the track about 4 times in 3 or 4 corners so just blasted past him as soon as i can as i could see him going to fall off but still not the ideal place to past someone in the slow group. So concentrate on your lines and keeping tuned into what you are doing you will see it will be all cool

Just remember there is marshalls on the track and if someone does dangerous passing moves they will be kicked off no questions asked. The rules are strict for a reason and that is for you and everyone else to have a safe and fun day.

"It is better to have ridden & crashed than never to have ridden at all" by Bruce Bennett

DB is the new Porridge. Cause most of the mods must be sucking his cock ..... Or his giving them some oral help? How else can you explain it?

Bike
    Bridgstone BT014 bro all the way!

Bike
    Aprilia Tuono
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma51 View Post
    Bridgstone BT014 bro all the way!

.....oh brother.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by BarBender View Post
    .....oh brother.
    So does that mean you are coming to the trackday or not big fella

Bike
    Aprilia Tuono
    So does that mean you are coming to the trackday or not big fella

No it means you should work for Bridgestone.

Would love to head down bro but waiting for Red to go and Silver to step on up!

Bike
    No it means you should work for Bridgestone.

Would love to head down bro but waiting for Red to go and Silver to step on up!
    Admit it you scared im going to give you the learn with my BT014
    im trying to convince Andrew to come down as well and trust me that boy is hooked so will most likely have him down in taupo as well

Bike
    Aprilia Tuono
    Admit it you scared im going to give you the learn with my BT014
    im trying to convince Andrew to come down as well and trust me that boy is hooked so will most likely have him down in taupo as well
    Im scared that you might mistake me for Munkee Man - do the usual and try to push me off the track and then give me the finger down the home straight.

I think Andrew is putting together a cunning scheme to get more track days out of Jacquie...

Bike
    Im scared that you might mistake me for Munkee Man - do the usual and try to push me off the track and then give me the finger down the home straight.

I think Andrew is putting together a cunning scheme to get more track days out of Jacquie...
    Mate you will not believe how hooked he is.

Bike
    that one in my sig
    Ahh I get ya. Normally a lap or two to get up to temp right?

I'm on the stock BT-015's still. They seem alright but then I've got nothing to compare them to in the 600 world. People bag them alot though. Should I be worried?

You have to tune them out or you will fall off thats not even a maybe.
    I was a few weeks (okay maybe just a week ago) in the slow group testing a bike and the one guy was constantly looking back to see where i was and i did not want to pass him in the corners as he was a nervous rider but his constant looking back almost had him off the track about 4 times in 3 or 4 corners so just blasted past him as soon as i can as i could see him going to fall off but still not the ideal place to past someone in the slow group. So concentrate on your lines and keeping tuned into what you are doing you will see it will be all cool

Just remember there is marshalls on the track and if someone does dangerous passing moves they will be kicked off no questions asked. The rules are strict for a reason and that is for you and everyone else to have a safe and fun day.
    I definitely won't be looking behind me. Can't afford to take my eyes off the track!

I'm more worried about someone going around me and giving me a surprise because I wasn't aware they were coming up on me. Guess that's where the marshalls come in.

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Dude dont worry just relax and enjoy
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    that one in my sig
    Quote Originally Posted by FROSTY View Post
    Dude dont worry just relax and enjoy
    From to

Can't freakin wait!

Thread Information