Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoTT trackday, Friday 29 Feb

Bike
    HONDA EXPRESS
    Quote Originally Posted by discotex View Post
    Ahh I get ya. Normally a lap or two to get up to temp right?

I'm on the stock BT-015's still. They seem alright but then I've got nothing to compare them to in the 600 world. People bag them alot though. Should I be worried?
    yep, give them a couple of laps to heat up

how many kms on them?
    how do you ride? i wouldn't "worry", ya don't want to spook yourself!

www.PhotoRecall.co.nz

Bike
    nothing :(
    Ahh I get ya. Normally a lap or two to get up to temp right?

I'm on the stock BT-015's still. They seem alright but then I've got nothing to compare them to in the 600 world. People bag them alot though. Should I be worried?

I definitely won't be looking behind me. Can't afford to take my eyes off the track!

I'm more worried about someone going around me and giving me a surprise because I wasn't aware they were coming up on me. Guess that's where the marshalls come in.

Taupo is one of those track that go with your confidence. In the morning she can be slippery but as the day go on she seems to get better grip and so does your confidence.

Im not going to lie to you there will be one or two occasions where you will get a surprise but if your in the slow group the only real passing is allowed on the straights or on the outside as long as it is safe and plenty of room Kiwifruit can confirm but i dont think any passing is allowed in the infield (tight stuff) You will hear people before they pass you and thats the other thing you have to almost ignore as you will want to look back cause it sounds like someone is trying to get pass you as there revs is most likely higher than what they should be on the road

On the day come and have a chat to me or shaun or kiwifruit any one you see having a good time (you will see what i mean) and one of us will take you out in the slow group and show you the lines well our lines at least. Soon soon you will be happier than pig in mud
    Second is the fastest loser

"It is better to have ridden & crashed than never to have ridden at all" by Bruce Bennett

DB is the new Porridge. Cause most of the mods must be sucking his cock ..... Or his giving them some oral help? How else can you explain it?

Bike
    GSX-R600 K6, 07 CBR600RR
    Did the HRC trackday at Manfeild on Monday with the CBR600 on BT015s. I thought they gave good feel and grip. 30psi front and rear, Suspension set to Seb Carpentier's settings as seen in Superbike Magazine. Although they wore nicely, unlike 014s which I've torn up in the past, I probably wouldn't get 2 trackdays out of 1 set. If it's your first trackday I'd leave the suspension standard, drop the tyre pressures to 30psi, and remove the mirrors!! And go in the slow group!

Can't make it to this one.... be on the HRC South Island Tour. Look forward to the one in early April!!

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Leong View Post
    Did the HRC trackday at Manfeild on Monday with the CBR600 on BT015s. I thought they gave good feel and grip. 30psi front and rear, Suspension set to Seb Carpentier's settings as seen in Superbike Magazine. Although they wore nicely, unlike 014s which I've torn up in the past, I probably wouldn't get 2 trackdays out of 1 set. If it's your first trackday I'd leave the suspension standard, drop the tyre pressures to 30psi, and remove the mirrors!! And go in the slow group!
    Yip i find the first thing to get right is the tyre presure

If the bike feels good at the start but shit at the end too soft
    if it feels shit at the start but good at the end too hard
    if it feels good after 1 or 2 laps and sort of stay the same or just gets better spot on!

"It is better to have ridden & crashed than never to have ridden at all" by Bruce Bennett

DB is the new Porridge. Cause most of the mods must be sucking his cock ..... Or his giving them some oral help? How else can you explain it?

Bike
    flippy
    Blog Entries
    600cc...
    id run 32F/33R with 014s or 015s

but im werid around bikes, and like werid number combos...
    i also like seing 600s bin behind my 400...(dont give me that satisfaction will ya)

and id say jsut go in whatever group you want, put ductape over your speedo and pretend its a road with no traffic or unexpected shit...(exept binned bikes coming into the last turn before the back straight)

Bike
    750 auw
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrislost View Post
    (exept binned bikes coming into the last turn before the back straight)
    Was that corner part of the original taupo track?

Bike
    flippy
    Blog Entries
    i think it was...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gsxrpisstake.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	19.4 KB 
ID:	85619  

Bike
    750 auw
    i think it was...
    Horrible corner, spun a car coming out of there. Bin at the entry - Too hard on the picks?

Bike
    i think it was...
    There was a huge crash there at my last trackday (non motott) not to go off topic anyone know if the guy that started the crash is alright

Bike
    HONDA EXPRESS
    ...(exept binned bikes coming into the last turn before the back straight)
    we don't allow passing on the inside for that very reason

www.PhotoRecall.co.nz

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwifruit View Post
    we don't allow passing on the inside for that very reason
    Still going to give you the learn

Bike
    that one in my sig
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwifruit View Post
    yep, give them a couple of laps to heat up

how many kms on them?
    how do you ride? i wouldn't "worry", ya don't want to spook yourself!
    The tyres (and the bike) are currently on 2700km. Got two weeks of commuting and Paeroa before the 29th tho.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma51 View Post
    On the day come and have a chat to me or shaun or kiwifruit any one you see having a good time (you will see what i mean) and one of us will take you out in the slow group and show you the lines well our lines at least. Soon soon you will be happier than pig in mud
    Will definitely look you guys up and get some tips on the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Leong View Post
    Wow 30psi!. I run them at 36/42 on the road as per the book.

600cc...
    id run 32F/33R with 014s or 015s

but im werid and like werid number combos...
    i also like seing 600s bin behind my 400...(dont give me that satisfaction will ya)
    Haha if it works it works! Guess I'll have to experiment a little.

This 600 ain't binning if I have any say in the matter. Not quite ready to upgrade a 2 month old bike

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    Quote Originally Posted by Usarka View Post
    Horrible corner...
    Not at all. The trick is to figure out how to brake into it and where to turn so that it becomes a single-apex corner. Nothing quite like getting hard on the gas and shooting past all the guys trying desperately to find some more lean angle so they don't run off into the kitty litter at the start of the back straight.

I ain't spilling any secrets, though.

kiwibiker is full of love, an disrespect.
    - mikey

Bike
    N/A
    I wouldnt mind some tips if i came along. Always learning.
    Tis a Yamahahahaha G. Just thrash it like you stole it. Gixxer 4 ever
    It really did look very unloved. Specially as it was next to the R1 that the whole crowd wanted to look at. Gixxer 4 ever

Bike
    Trust me guys there is heaps of guys that will be more than willing to give help just ask

Thread Information