Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Soft brake trick - damaging?

Bike
    Crashed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
    Hi guys and girls is there anyone out there who can point me towards a shop/workshop that can replace my 1983 XV's front brake lines, they're at the age of no return. I'd like to ride it into a workshop and have the lines replaced either in rubber or braided, but so far i've not found a place that can do that.
    Any help is appreciated.
    Get them made at Alert and have your bikeshop fit them if you can't do it yourself.
    If it wasn't for a concise set of rules, we might have to resort to common sense!

Bike
    '08 DR650
    Cycletreads had braided lines of various lengths on a rack in there, no idea if they fit them though

Bike
    fire breathin ginja ninja
    my 2¢, get a new master kit from 'zookie, check the brake lines for any signs of wear/weakening, find someone with a vacuum bleeder to suck the buggers out. Brakes should feel like new, and last a few years again issue free..

Bike
    Ducati 944
    Update on this one -

I won from the Auckland City Council's safety competition $50 Mt Eden voucher, which I invested in a genuine Suzuki master cylinder rebuild kit ($69), which I had installed by Wild West Honda.

There was a little improvement at first, but after the overhaul the mechanic warned me that the improvement was not as much as could have been expected, and the master unit itself was probably too worn or damaged somehow inside. And so it went - performance deterioted again.

So I got a nearly new complete master cylinder and lever unit from a mate in the UK off a binned RF900 shipped over. Wild West fitted it and suddenly it is as though I have proper front brakes again.

Thanks for everyone's advice, hopefully this new unit will be good longterm.
    Motorcycle songlist:
    Best blast soundtrack:Born to be wild (Steppenwolf)
    Best sunny ride: Runnin' down a dream (Tom Petty)
    Don't want to hear ...: Slip, slidin' away, Caught by the Fuzz or Bam Thwok!(Paul Simon/Supergrass/The Pixies)

Thread Information