View Poll Results: What tyres do people prefer?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • M1's

7 7.14%
  • Rennsports

4 4.08%
  • Diablo

13 13.27%
  • Diablo Corsers

13 13.27%
  • D208's

1 1.02%
  • D208GP's

3 3.06%
  • B010's

6 6.12%
  • B012's

8 8.16%
  • Azaro's

7 7.14%
  • other

36 36.73%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What tyres to people prefer??

Bike
    Honda PC800
    keep this up guys cos im confused as hell about the modern tyres
    i was set on a set of pilot race ---then I got told nope they aint as sticky as the dunlops or the metzlers
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by xjxjxj
    keep this up guys cos im confused as hell about the modern tyres
    i was set on a set of pilot race ---then I got told nope they aint as sticky as the dunlops or the metzlers
    For your bike, Dunlop GPR70 or Dunlop slicks. You will NOT be dissapointed and they'll last well.
    Vote David Bain for MNZ president

Bike
    CB900 Hornet
    Anyone uses/used Continental Contiforce? I do and it works for me so far.

Cheers!

Bike
    Old Blue, Little blue
    After extensive trials, I've found that round black tyres, with air in them, work best for me.!
    “- He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.”

Bike
    Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    Michelin Pilot sport were all I would run on my TL's but since trying out some Diablos on my 1400 I'm a converted man. I hated the bridgestones that came on the bike.

Bike
    ZR750 Kawasaki
    Iv'e just replaced the Avon's that were on the bike when I bought it for a Pirelli on the front and a Bridgestone on the back.
    This is first time Iv'e ever mixed brands but they work well togeather.I got them on the advice of Mt Eden Motorcycles and am very happy so far.
    A bike like mine has a hard time stressing a modern tyre so unless I buy shing dings or something like that I have it pretty good with tyres.

Bike
    Registered. For now...
    Quote Originally Posted by SPman
    After extensive trials, I've found that round black tyres, with air in them, work best for me.!
    Know what you mean. I had an Avon Roadrunner once that had no air in the bottom bit, and it was shite.
    ACC - It's where the Enron accountants all went.

Bike
    Not many, if any
    xjxjxj. I have tried both the Dunlop GPR70SP's and D207GP's which are 2 highly rated tyres. In my opinion they are great, but i did for some random reason prefer my Bridgestone BT090's. and have a set of the newest BT014's coming in really soon (cant wait). But i would also like to give the michy's a run too, after loving there old crossply tyres. Im too stubborn to even try metzler on the track however.

Bike
    Honda PC800
    well KK ill probably go for the 090's
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    Manx TT by Sega
    Interesting comments about the tyres that come on bikes. It appears no one likes the the tyres than come with their bikes. One would assume that these are the tyres that the manu does all the testing on - and therefore should be the tyres best suited to the bike.

My guess is that is comes down to the riders mind - rather than any rational decision. We ride what we are comfortable riding and have confidence in. I would hazard a guess - that none of us (if riding in a controlled and brand blind situation) - would be able to tell the difference between M1's, 208's, Diablos, 012's etc or between Rennsports and Super Corsas. I seperate these two as you can definitely tell the difference of these from the others.

Bike
    Manx TT by Sega
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkiwi
    interesting reading on these tyre pressures. I'm using 30 in the rear and 31 in teh front on the diablo corsas for my commuting (hey, i enjoy it) and thrashing. works a treat
    36Plus seems awful high and damaging to tyres!
    Ummm, I would hate to say it - but your pressures are incredibly low - read the side wall of your tyres.......you risk delaminating the tyre through over heating the sidewall at low pressures when commuting because the tyre will never get hot enuf to increase the tyre pressure to an effective pressure.

I would only go that low on an warm-hot day on the track. Esp 31 in the front....talk about vague when cold.

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Quote Originally Posted by wkid_one
    Interesting comments about the tyres that come on bikes. It appears no one likes the the tyres than come with their bikes. One would assume that these are the tyres that the manu does all the testing on - and therefore should be the tyres best suited to the bike.

My guess is that is comes down to the riders mind - rather than any rational decision. We ride what we are comfortable riding and have confidence in. I would hazard a guess - that none of us (if riding in a controlled and brand blind situation) - would be able to tell the difference between M1's, 208's, Diablos, 012's etc or between Rennsports and Super Corsas. I seperate these two as you can definitely tell the difference of these from the others.
    Now that would be an interesting "taste" test. Get experienced riders to take their bike out for a series of blind tests. Actually give their opinion as to how tyres perform without knowing what brand or grade they are

Bike
    '87 CR500, '10 RM144
    Quote Originally Posted by wkid_one
    Ummm, I would hate to say it - but your pressures are incredibly low - read the side wall of your tyres.......you risk delaminating the tyre through over heating the sidewall at low pressures when commuting because the tyre will never get hot enuf to increase the tyre pressure to an effective pressure.

I would only go that low on an warm-hot day on the track. Esp 31 in the front....talk about vague when cold.
    I only run 32 in the front of mine,35 rear.....works well and I've had no probs with de-laminating.....
    Drew for Prime Minister!

www.oldskoolperformance.com

www.prospeedmc.com for parts ex U.S.A ( He's a Kiwi! )

Bike
    2003 R1150GS Adventure
    I find that Diablos taste the best
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WORNTYRE2.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	99.1 KB 
ID:	2052  

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by BusaJim
    I find that Diablos taste the best
    Get a job!
    Vote David Bain for MNZ president

Thread Information