Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CBR250RR

Bike
    1999 GSXR1100W, 1975 CT90

CBR250RR

Just got a 1992 CBR250RR (yay) and I'm about to go out and get my licence. Just wanted to know if there is any potential flaws with the bike I should look out for e.g rust in certain areas or parts that need regular checks.

Bike
    2008 DRZ400E & 1983 CB152T
    Nope, its a honda, so its perfect

But seriously, there isn't anything on the CBR250's are well known for failing. Just check the normal things, make sure it has had it's oil changed regularly etc. If it has done over 30000kms make sure it has had it's valve clearances checked. Nothing else i can think of.

Bike
    I was lucky to get this bike. It has only done just under 19,000kms. Plus its only got minor cuts and sctratches. Only been able to ride it up and down my driveway since I haven't got my licence yet.

Bike
    An old slow red one!!

Yeeeeees!

Quote Originally Posted by alarumba
    Just got a 1992 CBR250RR (yay) and I'm about to go out and get my licence. Just wanted to know if there is any potential flaws with the bike I should look out for e.g rust in certain areas or parts that need regular checks.
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Thats a pretty awesome bike you have there - bet you will really enjoy it Just not too fast up and down that driveway eh??

and / or

Follow me on Facebook

A husband is someone who, after taking the trash out, gives the impression that he just cleaned the whole house.

Bike
    big gay1 that I am not licenced to use
    My mate had one, it still runs fine to my knowledge, they are good bikes (even though honda :P!) pretty much keep it serviced, treat it nice and it returns the favour.

On another note, why cant you get your licence for two more weeks?

Bike
    2011 Suzuki M109R
    Apart from the normal oil change and tyre wear, my old cbr went perfect
    for the few years I had it.

Congrads on the new bike.

Bike
    Arse Bandit
    Her_B4, it's your old one if I remember correctly, eh? Saw it today, VERY nice! Now I am sad I have 5 more months to go
    Quote Originally Posted by skidMark View Post
    if you have a face afterwards well... that depends how you act...

Bike
    1997 Ducati 600 Supersport
    Well done!!!! cant wait to see you on the road!

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    On another note, why cant you get your licence for two more weeks?
    Here is the story:

You myst get your basic handling skills test done before you apply for your licence (so I'm told) and the place me and my dad have been reccomended to go to is the guys who run their basic handling skills course at the riverbank carpark in Lower Hutt. These guys run it every second saturday morning. The last time they did it was last saturday morn. The only time my dad could pick up the CBR was saturday afternoon, so I missed going there this time and have to wait two more weeks till the next time. BRILLIANT!!!

Don't you hate it when fate conspirers against you?

Bike
    An old slow red one!!
    Quote Originally Posted by madcat_
    Her_B4, it's your old one if I remember correctly, eh? Saw it today, VERY nice! Now I am sad I have 5 more months to go
    Well not any more its not!!!! ....

Look forward to seeing you on the road Alarumba

and / or

Follow me on Facebook

A husband is someone who, after taking the trash out, gives the impression that he just cleaned the whole house.

Quote Originally Posted by alarumba
    Here is the story:

You myst get your basic handling skills test done before you apply for your licence (so I'm told) and the place me and my dad have been reccomended to go to is the guys who run their basic handling skills course at the riverbank carpark in Lower Hutt. These guys run it every second saturday morning. The last time they did it was last saturday morn. The only time my dad could pick up the CBR was saturday afternoon, so I missed going there this time and have to wait two more weeks till the next time. BRILLIANT!!!

Don't you hate it when fate conspirers against you?

You dont have to do the cource on your bike, they should provide a suitable bike to do it on, I did mine on a gn250, didnt get much over 30Ks during the whole coruce though it was just carpark driving for an hour
    Then I could get a Kb Tshirt, move to Timaru and become a full time crossdressing faggot

Bike
    1997 Ducati 600 Supersport
    Quote Originally Posted by renegade master
    You dont have to do the cource on your bike, they should provide a suitable bike to do it on, I did mine on a gn250, didnt get much over 30Ks during the whole coruce though it was just carpark driving for an hour
    but it is good to do it on your own bike! in fact, when i did mine, the guy recommended I did it on my bike!
    Much better than the gn125s they had!

Bike
    1998 suzuki RG150e (AETC)... X2
    The one thats near me makes you pay rental for their bike, suppose thats fair enough.That means its cheaper to do it on your own bike, so why not?
    I suffer from hooliganism.... Know me before you judge me
    http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...7&postcount=83
    i need to practice my "this shit doesn't burn" face
    Welcome, ZorsT.
    You last visited: 1st November 2007 at 22:15

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by renegade master
    The course I'm taking is with this group of instructors that go down to the Riverbank carpark in lower hutt, and they require you to bring your own bike. I've ridden the CBR to at least 30 on the driveway, so I think I'll do o.k on the day. Next Saturday! Can't wait

Bike
    Tyre Shredder
    Congrats. Only thing i can say is that it is a honda and thier charging systems are crap. You may survive but if it starts giving you problems check the reg/rec first.

Congrats again and i hope you have fun. Doubt you'll be getting any sleep this week hahahhahahaha
    Lump lingered last in line for brains,
    And the ones she got were sort of rotten and insane...

Thread Information