Thread: Streetglo reflective motorcycle helmet stickers

Bike
    2008 Suzuki GSX650F

Streetglo reflective motorcycle helmet stickers

I've got a set of these and I think they're an excellent product

Anything that helps you be seen in the dark has to be useful.

If anyone does want to order some of these, if they could let the makers know they found them through Motobke.co.uk, it would be very much appreciated...
    http://www.motobke.co.uk

Bike
    farmquad
    gotta be a good thing for the 'nightriders' amongst us
    ..it's another red light nightmare..

Bike
    El Bandito Negro
    Right
    Thanks for these, I'm gonna get a set soon
    *looks for credit card*

Bike
    1997 Ducati 600 Supersport
    flames would be interesting... dunno if i want to stick anything on my flat-black helmet tho...

Bike
    -
    Good idea. I brought a black helmet (cos it was the most comfortable one in the store at the time) and then brought a more colourful one for the missus, and thought damn I should've done that.
    These seem like a great idea for increasing visibility, and good idea to get yellow to increase daytime visibility as well.

Any idea if these are widely available, or of a retailer in Welly?

Bike
    None any more
    Aren't stickers supposed to be bad for the structural integrity of your helmet?
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    2008 Suzuki GSX650F
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher
    Aren't stickers supposed to be bad for the structural integrity of your helmet?
    These things use an adhesive similar to that of a model decal - only much stronger! Once these are firmly in place, they ain't shifting!

As far as I know, that is OK.

Where things to wrong is when people start doing things like spray-painting, or painting generally. Then there is a chemical reaction with the helmet. I think the same applies to sticking things on with something like superglue, as it works by creating a chemical bond... which has to mean breaking down the initial chemical compostion of the surface.

I think it is also a matter of the material that the helmet is constructed from -certain materials will be affected more than others.

Sorry I can't go into more depth, but I'm not a chemical engineer!
    http://www.motobke.co.uk

Bike
    2002 Suzuki Cruiser

StreetGlo Decals and Helmet compatiability

I've heard this before also, that you can't put stickers on your helmets, etc. Our stock is made for us by the two leading makers of reflective stock. Both have provided certificates to me that the adhesives do not react with the helmet surface in a negative way. So in answer to your question, StreetGlo Decals will not damage your helmet. Now the adhesive we use is very strong and removal of a decal could damage your helmet if you scrape it, but not from the chemical reaction.

I'm not sure where these statemets originated. I'm assuming and guessing that some of the early and cheaply made bicycle helmet might have been of a chemical structure that reacted with decal material. But for the typical motorcycle helmet decal, nah.. no problem.

Bill Aggie
    http://www.streetglo.net

Thread Information