Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for speed limit enforcement

Bike
    1998 suzuki RG150e (AETC)... X2
    spud, we need cops like you here in nelson. We had a "zero tolerence" policy for speeding eirler in the year, and right now, we have alot extra cops here now from CHCH, along with the booze bus doing a blitz until XMAS. why here? surely because there are more people (therefore motorists, and therefore revinue) in bigger citys they could blitz there? why blitz at all?
    I suffer from hooliganism.... Know me before you judge me
    http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...7&postcount=83
    i need to practice my "this shit doesn't burn" face
    Welcome, ZorsT.
    You last visited: 1st November 2007 at 22:15

Bike
    Shanksters Pony
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmoot
    yeah, hey a bit of question here to our police constables:

When it involves swerving cars (drunk driver possibility) or a rather large debris on Motorway, do we go *555 or go 111?
    *555 unless it appears in the circumstances that he will kill someone if not stopped in the very near future, then consider 111.

Bike
    Shanksters Pony
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodAndSuchLike
    spud, we need cops like you here in nelson. We had a "zero tolerence" policy for speeding eirler in the year, and right now, we have alot extra cops here now from CHCH, along with the booze bus doing a blitz until XMAS. why here? surely because there are more people (therefore motorists, and therefore revinue) in bigger citys they could blitz there? why blitz at all?
    Blitz tactics do appear over the top but they sure as hell make people think before doing something stupid.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    it's actually a true story

Bike
    Something red and quick
    Quote Originally Posted by marty
    it's actually a true story
    If your sister is the one in your avatar, where do I sign up?

But, looking at Lou's posting, why don't we just raise up the speed limit by 20k and adopt zero tolerance from there then?

120kph in the motorway plus 10kph leeway? anyone?
    Elite Fight Club - Proudly promoting common sense and safe riding since 2024
    http://1199s.wordpress.com

Bike
    Riffer

dont do it

ive got a suggestion about speed enforcment. dont do it. or at least not for me any way.
    yeah i know dreams are free

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmoot
    If your sister is the one in your avatar, where do I sign up?

But, looking at Lou's posting, why don't we just raise up the speed limit by 20k and adopt zero tolerance from there then?

120kph in the motorway plus 10kph leeway? anyone?
    There was this one time, at band camp, and the speed limit was 80kph, then the Govt of the day bumped it up to 100kph and said there will be no tolerance for speeding, now 20 or so years later people want it bumped up to 120kph and no tolerance.....

This also is a true story
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    1996 Yamaha SRV250
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog
    now 20 or so years later people want it bumped up to 120kph and no tolerance.....
    This also is a true story
    I agree - I think we should force every vehicle that can travel over 4mph to have a flagperson.

Yokai

Bike
    Blog Entries
    it used to be 100km/h, with a 20k tolerance. guys like me, scumdog, spud et al, spent our weekends scraping people off their windscreens. personally, i like the 100k with defacto 110k limit. rather that than the aussie situation with a 110k limit/5k tolerance.

Bike
    Something red and quick
    Quote Originally Posted by scroter
    yeah i know dreams are free
    yeah...I agree

World wouldn't be exciting if it is all good.
    Current speed limit gives us something to dream about for tomorrow
    Elite Fight Club - Proudly promoting common sense and safe riding since 2024
    http://1199s.wordpress.com

Bike
    Thinking
    Why is it that when you get pulled up for speeding or whatever, you 1/ get a demerit point deduction on your licence and 2/ you get a financal penalty as well

I beleive this is wrong.

You are effectively penalised twice. I think there is no neccesity to recieve a financal penalty when you have lost a number of points and on your way to loosing your licence.
    the fear of loosing points is enough and this fear is of more concern to me than the money itself. So wont Points Loss do it ??? wouldnt a point deduction instil enough fear into people to keep the speeds down by itself???

From this I beleive the financal penalty is nothing more than feeding the machine and a tax collection on the motorist.
    And I have alot of attitude towards it and the people who enforce it and the cronies in government that hide behind the "speeding kills" banner.

Time for a change !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    and Spudchucker I have no problem with you personally but the organisation you work for (HP only not police) have fallen to the bottom of the social standing list in NZ careers. And frankly I dont know how HP members can even do there job with any element of job satisfaction
    Ive run out of fucks to give

Bike
    Riffer

udder day

got pulled over the other day in the truck by the HP (random check not speeding) and the guy just wanted to talk about driving trucks and that he wanted to get out of the force cause after 27 years(whatever he said) they were now treating him like crap. he was a nice guy so i told him why cant all the HPs be like this instead of having enough bad eggs that we hate the buggers. he even told me his wife got laid off by them after about 18yrs or something. after about 10 mins he let me go, corse i was about 10mins late but i didnt mind. i wonder how many other cops dont like the cops either.

Bike
    Thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by scroter
    got pulled over the other day in the truck by the HP (random check not speeding) and the guy just wanted to talk about driving trucks and that he wanted to get out of the force cause after 27 years(whatever he said) they were now treating him like crap. he was a nice guy so i told him why cant all the HPs be like this instead of having enough bad eggs that we hate the buggers. he even told me his wife got laid off by them after about 18yrs or something. after about 10 mins he let me go, corse i was about 10mins late but i didnt mind. i wonder how many other cops dont like the cops either.
    There certainly aint the love there used to be Im sure between Hp and Police, look at who has the new cars nice raincoats jackets etc, all the flash gear goes to the HP, cause thats where the money is ?? I dunno but its a bit hard on the police guys. ( I deliberatly put HP and police in different catergories)
    Ive run out of fucks to give

Bike
    ZR750 Kawasaki
    Quote Originally Posted by spudchucka
    There is a difference between a shitty car and an old car. I'm talking about the sort of crapped out, rusted out, back yard modified dangerous pieces of shit that are a danger to all of us. There are heaps of old but decent cars on the road.

As for dodgy looking people, let me expand on that. Dodgy isn't necessarily just scruffy or rough looking, often its things like the driver avoiding eye contact or slouching down in their seats, having a hoody or cap pulled down low over their faces. Also you get to know common distinguishing features amongst crims, gang colours for instance, the spaced out look of a druggy is a dead give away too.

The decision to pull a vehicle over and then subsequently to issue a ticket or not is unique to each police member. I've simply described some of the things that I consider when making such decisions. Each event remains unique and decisions made independantly of other events. However nothing is written in blood so I don't mean for it to be taken literaly.
    Hmmm,Yeah was just having a bad day,Sorry.
    Towing rusted out old wrecks out of the back yards of dodgy looking,,,,

Bike
    97 Yamaha Virago

Cool speed limits

Im quite happy with the open roads and motorway speed limit.... its the around town speed limit... it should be raised...to 60km.... sometimes sitting behind someone doing 50km is like so slow... yeah I know its the speed limit and we are all supposed to go at that speed... but hells teeth...at least on the bike I can go around them safely, its when you are in a car...

*555 costs money to dial isnt that correct if using the cell phone.
    yet 111 costs nothing.
    If I have to report something like rubbish all over the motorway or stupid drivers.... I always ring 111.
    The one and only time I rung *555 it cost me money on the cell ph... :spudwhat:

The trucks out there arent doing the speed limit.... man some of them are flying down the motorways... they hoon past me and I am doing 100km to 110km so I would hate to think what speed they are doing.... and then if they have stop in a hurry.... oh the carnage they will cause.

Thread Information