Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to embed images aesthetically and not enrage the mods

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Bastards, you're all bastards.

Mutter, grumble......
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    All of them
    Quote Originally Posted by xerxesdaphat View Post
    What are other people's experiences?
    I was born at an early age and quickly .....

Bike
    1994 VFR750F, 2006 XR250L
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim2 View Post

Mutter, grumble......
    You not including me in that I hope, being such a nice fellah and all, who doesn't mind just posting attachments anyway.

You looked happy enough for a grumpy bugger going for your fish & chips when I saw you on Thursday night.
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    I was just pleased, as I always am when I bump into you, that there exists a God in this universe who is happy to provide people who are shorter than me.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    KTM 2T & LC4
    One thing I find interesting about this, is that under Firefox, I'm getting pretty blue borders that change on mouseover with the thumbnails in this thread. In this thread, I don't get anything, just the images.
    Images in this thread have alternate text = blank. In the other thread with blue borders, the alternate text is missing.
    Cheers,
    Colin

Quote Originally Posted by Steve McQueen
    All racers I know aren't in it for the money. They race because it's something inside of them... They're not courting death. They're courting being alive.

Bike
    KTM 2T & LC4
    In terms of cross-posting, it works on Google Pages just fine. Although, if you're cross-posting across different sites, it might be better (or simply more polite) to host them somewhere else in the first place.
    I was cross-posting within KB, in essence quoting an attachment from another thread or post. KB server served up pr0n instead. It did the same trying to view the attachment without being signed in to KB. It means you can't share KB content except with members - so there's not much point in authoring content here if you have any friends outside KB.

But as Dave says, it's academic, there are better venues available that we use instead.
    Cheers,
    Colin

Quote Originally Posted by Steve McQueen
    All racers I know aren't in it for the money. They race because it's something inside of them... They're not courting death. They're courting being alive.

Bike
    GSX650F K9
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim2 View Post
    I was just pleased, as I always am when I bump into you, that there exists a God in this universe who is happy to provide people who are shorter than me.
    That would have to be a rare sighting wouldn't it....

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Shuddup, you towering melanoma hazard.

Bike
    1994 VFR750F, 2006 XR250L
    Is it time we had another pleasant lunch in Welly Jim and all the bastards could turn up?
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by warewolf View Post
    I was cross-posting within KB, in essence quoting an attachment from another thread or post. KB server served up pr0n instead. It did the same trying to view the attachment without being signed in to KB. It means you can't share KB content except with members - so there's not much point in authoring content here if you have any friends outside KB.

But as Dave says, it's academic, there are better venues available that we use instead.
    How strange. Embedding attachments from other threads worked for me in the past. Perhaps others were seeing pr0n however?

Well the method outlined in this thread works whether you're signed in as a member or not, so it could conceivably be used to share stuff with non-members.

But certainly, this thread is meant for the more amateur among us, doesn't go any way towards solving the problems the professionals have been bringing up towards ownership and control.

Bike
    -
    Images in this thread have alternate text = blank. In the other thread with blue borders, the alternate text is missing.
    Aha! Thanks for that clue. Figured it out. In going from `Preview Post' and editing this post back and forwards, the < i m g > tags got translated automatically into VBulletin-style [ I M G ] tags. These apparently don't get the pretty blue border. Change the tags back to HTML-style, and the blue border comes back.

Not really that important anyway, as it seems the border doesn't appear anyway in some browsers.

Bike
    All of them

In excess of 30,000 posts in dozens of forums - approximately 10,000 images posted online - over 1,000 positive endorsements, messages of support, encouragement.

and the only complaint/issue/moderatation is on KB.

whateva.

Bike
    ninja 250
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    Perfectly rational thanks.
    99% is spurious. So is 10,500 - that's how many have joined - tell me maybe 2000 active and I'll buy it
    Tells ya on the front page!
    Members: 10,639, Active Members: 4,090

Bike
    SW-125R(F4-TF125), ZXRD400, RD250LC
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gav View Post
    Tells ya on the front page!
    Members: 10,639, Active Members: 4,090
    Maybe if you're a mod... Otherwise:

» Stats
    Members: 10,640
    Threads: 62,331

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    On the Members List page it's showing 9908 actual members. I think the frontpage includes Guests and bots in the count so it's not accurate.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Thread Information