Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm from Canada. Should I move to New Zealand?

Bike
    07 Ducati 1098 with termis, no baffles

I'm from Canada. Should I move to New Zealand?

Vancouver rains too much, Victoria rains less but is still kinda chilly in the winter and cloudy, and everywhere else in Canada there is too much snow and ice and gravel on the roads to ride about 6 months out of the year and I'm going insane here half of the year. I enjoy riding, hiking mountains, skiing, humidity, nice weather, beaches, and people that speak English. (or some form of it ). Most of these things I can do in Canada but only half the year.

So I should probably move to New Zealand right? I can't really think of any reasons not to.

I'd ship my motorcycle and a few other things in a crate by sea for $500 and arrive on a plane shortly before the crate arrived is the plan. I have my own engineering consulting company and I don't know how that's going to pan out in terms of taxes, working visa, etc. hmmmmmm. I wonder how difficult it might be to get a visa and maybe I should just do a temporary working visa or should I just go for citizenship off the bat ?

Bike
    Had a 2007 Suzuki C50T Boulevard
    Come on over! Best come for a visit first and case the joint, but be warned, once here you may never want to leave...
    You don't get to be an old dog without learning a few tricks.
    Shorai Powersports batteries are very trick!

Bike
    Girlz bikes rule :-)
    No

Bike
    a red heap
    Quote Originally Posted by saul View Post
    No
    feel the love

Bike
    None, currently :(
    Just do it. Go onnnn. You know you want to.
    Who, me? I just wander from thread to thread.

Bike
    Carrie the VL250
    Quote Originally Posted by coteesh View Post
    Vancouver rains too much, Victoria rains less but is still kinda chilly in the winter and cloudy, and everywhere else in Canada there is too much snow and ice and gravel on the roads to ride about 6 months out of the year and I'm going insane here half of the year. I enjoy riding, hiking mountains, skiing, humidity, nice weather, beaches, and people that speak English. (or some form of it ). Most of these things I can do in Canada but only half the year.

So I should probably move to New Zealand right? I can't really think of any reasons not to.

I'd ship my motorcycle and a few other things in a crate by sea for $500 and arrive on a plane shortly before the crate arrived is the plan. I have my own engineering consulting company and I don't know how that's going to pan out in terms of taxes, working visa, etc. hmmmmmm. I wonder how difficult it might be to get a visa and maybe I should just do a temporary working visa or should I just go for citizenship off the bat ?
    Ironicaly we are considering moving to Canada... weird. Come over, you will love it. We have loads of personality and the cost of insurance is waaaayyy cheaper. Housing is more expensive but wages pay more on average and yes I have done my homework. If ya do come over look us up we arnt far from Auckland internation Airport and any excuse for a ride?
    I wouldn’t be broke if the voices in my head paid rent

Bike
    Corona GSXR 600
    Speak to a chap named Waylander, hes from Canada and lives here now

Bike
    none
    Wouldn't be so easy to spot this for a dig at me if this thread wasn't in PD.

Do something original folks. Or are you all the same as the sheep you sleep with?

Sever
    Now and forever
    you're just another lost soul about to be mine again
    see her, you'll never free her
    you must surrender it all
    And give life to me again
    Disturbed - Inside the Fire

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    Uh, Dude, this dude looks pretty genuine. Check out his profile, home page and all. Hell of a lot of work to go just to get a dig at you. Besides aren't you Texan, or Mexican, or summat souf n hot, not cold n norf?
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Uh, Dude, this dude looks pretty genuine. Check out his profile, home page and all. Hell of a lot of work to go just to get a dig at you. Besides aren't you Texan, or Mexican, or summat souf n hot, not cold n norf?
    Texas.
    Bastard WINJA and others have everyone thinking I'm from canada.

Sever
    Now and forever
    you're just another lost soul about to be mine again
    see her, you'll never free her
    you must surrender it all
    And give life to me again
    Disturbed - Inside the Fire

Bike
    I'm the real deal

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by coteesh View Post
    I'm the real deal
    He's the real deal Waylander.

Tsk for not believing.

Bike
    I got a PM from Waylander. I dont think Americans like Canadians or something Even former Americans. tee hee

Bike
    Triple Delight
    I am not going to bother quoting you lot, but...to almost all of you I address the following!

How rude!

Just because someone asks in a different way about moving to Noo Zeelnd you should not be smart! A little bit of help and advice would probably be a better way of responding! Mom is not impressed at all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubb View Post
    Nonono,

He rides the Leprachhaun at the end of the Rainbow. Usually goes by the name Anne McMommus

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom View Post
    I am not going to bother quoting you lot, but...to almost all of you I address the following!

How rude!

Just because someone asks in a different way about moving to Noo Zeelnd you should not be smart! A little bit of help and advice would probably be a better way of responding! Mom is not impressed at all!
    I was serious, I genuinely believe he's from Canada, Mom. I was just giving Waylander shit.

Thread Information