Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'From Russia with luv' (Kirill357)

Bike
    Hornetto - No Boring Bits!, KDX200
    Welcome Kirill
    The more flavours we get in this crazy cross-section of biker society the better

And speaking of biking in Russia, a couple of friends from work are looking at riding across Russia in a few months! I keep telling them they're crazy, and wont get half way before they decide to give up.
    They are looking at coming from England, across and up through Germany, Poland, Latvia, then across the great Russian landscape, jump across to Alaska, down through Canada, and ending up with a tour down the west coast of North America then flying home.

Any "must see" places in Russia you could recommend? What are their chances of survival given that they have big mouths and a taste for Vodka?
    IT'S PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!!!
    Do the peanut butter jelly, peanut butter jelly, peanut butter jelly with a baseball bat!

Bike
    Kawasaki ZX14 '08
    He-he. There was a group of rich Americans or Germans a while ago who wanted cross Russia on Mercedes Gelentwagen (some sort of 4x4), after Urals they were traveling on a train with their cars on a stand, there was simply no road. As for a must see: Moscow and Saint-Petersbourgh heaps of there. As for survival, could be pretty rough, I wouldnt recommend go alone without some sort of russian guide.

Bike
    CBR600RR 08 in NZ, SV650S in Sweden
    Watch Long Way Round. Its a short TV series about a couple of guys trying to go round the world on bikes. They travel through south east Russia into Siberia and the road of bones. There are no real roads there, just dirt and train tracks.

Bike
    2006 Hyosung GT650R
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffyd View Post
    Speaking of friendly "advice". This is the correct spelling. "Advise" is a verb, (as in "I advise you to get it right.")
    LOL busted !!

DB

Bike
    2006 Hyosung GT650R
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirill357 View Post
    Heh, not sure its possible now any more, or pricelists was changed adding couple of zeros at the end
    lol. Sounds like Vanuatu.

DB

Bike
    Hornetto - No Boring Bits!, KDX200
    Quote Originally Posted by captain_andrey View Post
    Watch Long Way Round. Its a short TV series about a couple of guys trying to go round the world on bikes. They travel through south east Russia into Siberia and the road of bones. There are no real roads there, just dirt and train tracks.
    Yeah, the guys who are lookin at doing the trip watched that, that's where they got *cough* stole *cough* the idea from
    IT'S PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!!!
    Do the peanut butter jelly, peanut butter jelly, peanut butter jelly with a baseball bat!

Bike
    Suzuki Smash 2016. (Yes, really!)
    Quote Originally Posted by tri boy View Post
    I will now watch Daffyd's posts with far more interest ,to spot any signs of typo's.
    Not trying to be a smart bastard... Had an English teacher who used to thump, (literally), correct grammar into us.

Jimmy, "Hey Teacher, I seen a fire engine this morning."
    Teacher, "Jimmy, where is your grammar?"
    Jimmy, "She's at home, sick in bed, but I seen a fire engine this morning!"
    "Statistics are used as a drunk uses lampposts - for support, not illumination."

Bike
    Y. XTZ 750 Super Tenere '96
    Quote Originally Posted by captain_andrey View Post
    These guys in LWR are just "rolex-bikers" :-)
    BMW GS1150R is not best bike for offroad and dirt. :-)))
    Nobody who has tried ride in dirt once, couldn't use heavy bike for it :-)

Bike
    1993 Suzuki RF400R & Kawasaki ZXR750
    Hi, I am from St Petersburg and I did the same as you did lol. Payed the guy $500 under the table he then gave me the full motorbike international licence and TADA! There it was, I just sold my own FXR150 (wtf almost identical story) and got myself an RF400R, so you are not alone. Ahh, good times skipping the useless 250cc Rule where you can still ride bikes which go faster than the older Ducatis
    ------------------------------------------------
    Me: Darling, come here... what do you think of this Daytona
    Darling: RF400 is red, it goes faster.

Thread Information