Page 57 of 89 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Thread: #6

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    You mean Simon Howtowreckthemagazinetwicegreaves. they welded the flywheel and it failed.
    Err not sure, didn''t hargreeves have the much better CBR600 with fireblade pistons.
    i think they rivoted, then rivoted and glued, then welded last, on the fzr600, but in my defense it was like twenty plus years ago in a magazine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    That was Forsyth withe the silver Micron sponsored CBR emc quadrant shock etc, can't remember who dickweasel was sponsored by but maybe TTS did the tuning. Some sort of bike cleaning product maybe.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    It works very when we are in the lunch room .....

Attachment 325209

I have had some success changing the flywheel carrier for another with a different taper by gluing the new carrier to the old flywheel then bolting through where the rivets were. I think the glue over the relatively large surface area between them helps a lot. It seems to have worked well for Mr Bigglesworth anyway.
    The first rule about lunch room is we don`t talk about lunch room.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    That was Forsyth withe the silver Micron sponsored CBR emc quadrant shock etc, can't remember who dickweasel was sponsored by but maybe TTS did the tuning. Some sort of bike cleaning product maybe.
    Right you are, it was Forsyth with the CBR and Hargreeves with the yam it was TTS that tuned the FZR. The FZR as well as having the old longer stroke crank had 2mm over CBR600 pistons.
    I think the FZR had 6 pot harrisons that worked worse than the std brakes as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    It's been a bit difficult but have made a little progress. Have just started work on the cam trigger mount. I have spare trigger discs if anyone has a need for such things. some are plain, others have cutouts.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FZR125 cam trigger discs ruler.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	296.7 KB 
ID:	332733Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FZR125 cam trigger discs.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	291.1 KB 
ID:	332734Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FZR125 side1.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	295.1 KB 
ID:	332735Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FZR125 trigger disc ruler.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	272.3 KB 
ID:	332736Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FZR125 trigger disc.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	280.1 KB 
ID:	332737Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FZR125 trigger mount block.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	160.4 KB 
ID:	332738

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    crank trigger arrangentClick image for larger version. 

Name:	FZR125 trigger top.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	208.0 KB 
ID:	332739Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FZR125 trigger.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	298.5 KB 
ID:	332740

Bike
    Exercycle
    Remind me what ignition it is that you're using. So far neither of the two std ignition boxes i have will provide a spark so I might be interested in what you're using - if it can be afforded on the pension....
    One ign box still to arrive ex aussie so there's still hope....

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    I’m going to a Link Atom and LS1 ignition coils with built in amplifiers. Coils from Oz at a very good price. I think they arrive on crate motors and get swapped out as part of the engine build. You could try to use a GSXR250 ignition. One of my little single pole triggers is all you need. We have one on my sons CB125t

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    Just about ready to put the motor back in and start wiring. Spun the crank trigger disc on the mill with the sensor in the vice as I needed to check the polarity of the signal. It needs to be positive going as the tooth approaches the sensor and negative going as it moves away. nice and easy to see on the 'scope that Rob dropped at my house last week. That scope brought back some memories from my Air Force days, Test & Measurement training, and all the good gear we had. My basic scope was a "545" i think. In any case it was very similar to this one.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0714.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	140.7 KB 
ID:	333018 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0713.JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	176.4 KB 
ID:	333017

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    Motor now in and making a start on the wiring. Lots and lots of wiring. Spent the $$$ on a Weller soldering iron, soooo good after using crap for years. Funnily enough I'm finding it hard to find a bit of shielded twisted pair for the crank and cam triggers. Could use a bit of Cat5 or 6 but not sure how durable it will be in the environment.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0925.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	285.2 KB 
ID:	334231  

Bike
    Norton Manx
    Quote Originally Posted by speedpro View Post
    Funnily enough I'm finding it hard to find a bit of shielded twisted pair for the crank and cam triggers.
    WB1504 ... JayCar 2 core shielded but possibly not twisted pair by the look of it.

WB1540 ... 4 core shielded mike or pickup cable.

WB1534 ... 2 core shielded. This looks like it might be a suitable 2 core twisted pair shielded signal cable.
    Factual Facts are based on real Fact and Universal Truths. Alternative Facts by definition are not based on Truth.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by speedpro View Post
    Motor now in and making a start on the wiring. Lots and lots of wiring. Spent the $$$ on a Weller soldering iron, soooo good after using crap for years. Funnily enough I'm finding it hard to find a bit of shielded twisted pair for the crank and cam triggers. Could use a bit of Cat5 or 6 but not sure how durable it will be in the environment.
    Gawd, that makes mine look like a crystal set alongside a colour TV....Or it would if we could get one of my ignition boxes working.
    May yet have to go to what I didn't want - a trigger on the end of each cam.

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    Funnily enough I'm still working on the 12v distribution and the main ground. I've just made the main power connection to the loom for the ECU this afternoon. Now have triggers(crank and cam), temp(water and inlet air), MAP, injectors(X2), ignition(X2), signal grounds, tacho, Lambda meter though most of that is plug and play with just the output to be wired to the ECU, ignition suppression caps to do. Most of that is missing from the photo above.
    I've also had my son sort out an Arduino to connect sensors on John Connor's dyno to the new computer. It's pretty much ready to go. We just need to go up and install it.
    Short work days over Christmas and long weekends should see it sorted, hopefully. Drinking most of a bottle of wine every night isn't helping.

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    Coming together very well. Powered up the ECU yesterday and put in the base config, triggers, analogue channels, temps, injection, ignition, etc. Very cool being able to test individual injectors and ignition circuits. Bit of a relief being able to confirm wiring and operation. Put in vacuum lines from both ports combined to the MAP sensor. Had to combine them as I'm running individual throttle bodies. Once I go to the throttle being on the turbo outlet I'll be able to have just the one off the plenum. Put in the fuel circuit this afternoon. I haven't put any fuel in it yet so don't know if it leaks.
    Next step is getting the ECU activated. They're shipped locked. If they're stolen they are of no use.
    Link don't have hard copy books but the management software has very good, understandable, descriptions of every function. They also have a forum where you can ask questions and anyone with a good answer can reply. My last question was answered by a dealer in the UK.
    I'll take a photo once I put it back together. Plumbing and wiring is a nightmare, even in the roomy FZR chassis.
    I'm going to run it off an external battery initially. The LiPo battery might be OK for a session, it'll be interesting to see just what the current draw is.Once I put the lambda gear back in I'll need a generator as the sensor has a heater which draws a bit of current. If I leave it in the exhaust plenum it might not be too bad as it gets pretty toasty I would think. We've had a header glowing when doing dyno pulls with the old engine management.
    The coils put out a pretty decent spark considering they are regular inductive coils off a LS2 chev and not CDI. With only a 2mS dwell time required the total current draw for the ignition will be lowish. The injectors are surprisingly solid with the way they energise. I had a spare I plugged into the loom for testing which I just held on to. I thought it would be much softer in it's action but it clicked on pretty hard.

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    Spun it over tonight to see where the timing was. Got a good spark on the live ignition circuit but neither of my timing lights would flash. They were good gear when I bought them but that was ages ago. Possibly the LS2 coil spark is shorter duration but more intense and they aren't compatible.

Thread Information