Page 7 of 89 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: #6

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Extra cooling fins
    Treadplate is probably ok quality, bends well. Need a bit of mass of the head warps. Have to be heat treated if too small.

Compressor & fittings & a bucket of water. Depressing when I trialled my MB barrel to find it leaked from the jacket to the exhaust. Kinda hard to fix it turned out.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    Welllll, the old barrell was recoverable, just got it back today. It has a 52mm piston in it now with just the dent in the exhaust port where it got poked hard with something and one bonk remaining in the barrell which is below the ports. Very pleasing.

Had another chat with the missus tonight about retiring from bucket racing. How fucking likely do you reckon that is?? Mind you the medic/nurse person when I thanked her at the last meeting did say I wasn't breathing and had turned grey when she got to me after the crash. Mmmmmm....... Na, she'll be right. I'll just ride even slower.

Just got to set the squish and check compression then throw it all together and I'll be away. I'll be needing new leathers as well. The ambo/ED peeps cut the old ones into bits getting them off me.

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Quote Originally Posted by speedpro View Post
    I'll be needing new leathers as well. The ambo/ED peeps cut the old ones into bits getting them off me.
    The bastards... what were they thinking?
    As for giving up, well the drive to the track can kill ya aswell... christ ya might have a stroke tomorow just getting out a bed... na keep hauling arse Mike.

PS: good news bout the bike, ya still have time to finish it and get ya but in the van and down here this w/e to help take the micky out of ya old welly mates at the BOB.
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    ninja 250
    Yeah, you're more likely to have a heart attack mowing the lawn, trust me on this one

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
    ... ya might have a stroke tomorow just getting out a bed... .
    Or he might stay in to have one, Disgusting mind Dangerous
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    F I N A L L Y got a piece of hydraulic ram and turned it down to make a mandrel to spin the barrel on. Took the required amount off the bottom to get the squish right. I'm using a 2mm copper head gasket so I can lower the barrel about 1.5mm from where it was so the port timing will be optimised as per Wobbly ones instructions. I've discovered that the huge nibbler machine at work has a locating thing that allows you to nibble perfect circles. In conjunction with the edge cuts I can make using the guillotines it isn't going to be too much work to make cones for a very nice new pipe. It just happens I have a Wobbly design that is specifically for this motor with the barrel in the lower position. Calculations say it should make a couple more horsepower. Saturday arvos at work look like being my bucket development time, till Jane finds out what I'm doing

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    Got the 2mm copper for the head gasket today. The piece is 210X210 so I have enough to make 4 gaskets if required. If anyone else wants a gasket made, for a price, I can sort something out. I'd need patterns etc.

Got a piece of CF sheet that I had forgotten all about back from a friend and have made the reeds for the fast engine. Gotta set the free length yet and just polish the edges.

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    "She's looking good Vern" - quote The Farside.

All back together now and ready for a little run tomorrow after I get home. It doesn't look any different but some major stuff inside the engine. It's gonna be good to test the bottom end prior to fitting the "good" top end. I'm really keen to see how the custom big end works and how the rebalancing and counterbalancer removal works.

Bike
    SW-125R(F4-TF125), ZXRD400, RD250LC
    Blog Entries
    Sounds good but... where's the pics? And details.

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    It looks exactly the same as before. Inside the motor it now has a custom big end pin with 20mm ends but a 22mm middle which is eccentric by .75mm thereby reducing the stroke by 1.5mm. The rod is an aftermarket rod for another bike entirely and is 4mm longer and the piston is a 52mm KT100 piston with a single thin ring. I balanced the crank with a dummy big end pin and then got the real one made the same dimensions plus there is also a few more holes in the crank now. I removed the counterbalancer to improve throttle response and to reduce weight, hence the crankshaft rebalancing. I rebalanced a Suzuki TS100/125 crank years ago and the improvement was remarkable. It should vibe hard down low but smooth out where it gets used, hopefully. It's easy to change if I've got it wrong.

Bike
    2018 Ducati Monster 797
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skunk View Post
    Sounds good but... where's the pics? And details.
    How about I post a picture of #6's old chasis? (Rangi). Almost finished repainting!

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    It started after two steps and sounds REAL crisp. It does "shake rattle & roll" but it goes away if you give it a big rev. It could be my imagination but it seems even more responsive than it was. I love the smell of 2-stroke!

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Quote Originally Posted by speedpro View Post
    It started after two steps and sounds REAL crisp. It does "shake rattle & roll" but it goes away if you give it a big rev. It could be my imagination but it seems even more responsive than it was. I love the smell of 2-stroke!
    AWESOMEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    Well, it goes round and round. unfortunately I only got in about 10 laps before it started raining. It does vibe a bit and I haven't revved it enough to see if it goes away. It sure was good to be back on the bike, first time after the crash.

I was wearing the new leathers I'm considering buying. Full race suit from Spool and not too bad. They seem to be very nicely made and look a lot better than the old plain black ones, hell my boots even match more or less. I must get a new helmet. I was having a careful look at my old one that I crashed in and there is actually a small split right at the back at the bottom plus the usual grazes further round and the whole back is covered in small marks as if from a small shotgun blast. I never had any intention of trying to get away with using this helmet before anyone jumps in and starts giving me shit.

Bike
    gp125 rg50 rs125hybrid
    Blog Entries
    how old where the old leathers ????

see ya there today

Thread Information