Page 77 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1326

Thread: #6

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    I've been busy on the spare bucket. The front brake is coming along and I've finally got a caliper and master cylinder I'm happy with. I've also decided to try just running with 3 bolts attaching the disc to the wheel. I've heard of other people doing it so it should be OK.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FZR disc.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	178.5 KB 
ID:	350201

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by speedpro View Post
    I've been busy on the spare bucket. The front brake is coming along and I've finally got a caliper and master cylinder I'm happy with. I've also decided to try just running with 3 bolts attaching the disc to the wheel. I've heard of other people doing it so it should be OK.

Name:	FZR disc.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	178.5 KB 
ID:	350201

I regularly turned away OW01's TZ's and FZR1000's only using 3 bolts per disc when scrutineering in the late 80's and 90's.

The weight saving and possible time saved changing wheels does not offset the higher risk of running half the OE fasteners. On big bikes anyway.
    Depends on how picky your club scrutes are. The 250FZR chassis ex TZ350 had one of those discs thinned to 3mm. A stock one went on for big track use.
    I'd pick that the thin one would have warped after a couple of laps of Ruapuna or Levels.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Have a look at the picture Greg. Made me larf.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Have a look at the picture Greg. Made me larf.
    Point taken. Subtle.Even a certain OW owner back in the day didn't try that through scrutineering.
    His TZ presented without discs and on it's wets got some instructional words from me though.

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    Little bit more mucking around making use of what I have. The spare bike top rear engine mount bolt was a bit short for putting a nut on. After a bit of thought I decided to put a helicoil into the sliding sleeve on the left and screw the engine bolt into it. Once done up tight the sleeve could them be clamped in the chassis just like standard. Like most things it turned out to not be that easy. The sleeve on the bike actually had a sleeve inside it so when I tried to drill and tap it for the helicoil the inner sleeve spun and moved. I thought about welding it in place but decided to spin up a whole new one. It came out OK and really is how it should have been done originally. Rob at ESE dropped off a pretty solid old fibreglass seat unit. There's a bit of work to make it fit and to clean it up so it looks presentable. I put a bit of fibreglass in it this afternoon to fill holes previously used to mount the seat and have already adjusted the frame a bit to fit it. There's a bit more frame adjustment to be done yet but I suspect lots of heat may be required at some point.
    Hopefully I'll be able to get both bikes professionally painted kelly green. There's the possibility of a third bike joining the ranks so I may see about getting all painted at the same time.

Name:	Eng mount 4.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	79.5 KB 
ID:	350222Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eng mount 3.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	350223Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eng mount 2.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	166.2 KB 
ID:	350224Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eng mount 1.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	130.8 KB 
ID:	350225

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    It's been a long time since I bought good paint for a car. Bought some for the bikes today. $92 for 500ml + 1L of thinners. They better end up fast and there'll be no crashing.

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    Getting a few things done. Seat is where it's going to start at but it could probably be another 40-50mm higher. The way I've mounted it will make the change easy, I'll just need thicker blocks of wood. Currently it's 40mm off the frame rails. I've glassed up a few holes and bogged and smoothed others and made a start on the tank. The current black paint seems pretty solid but I'm a little worried how it will react after a coat of the new paint which seems to have some reasonable solvents in it. The seat is pretty solid so I'll cut the rails off just after the new cross brace which is needed to screw the new rear seat mount fasteners into. It's quite relaxing just pottering around on this stuff but it is surprising how much there is to do when you get right into it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0905.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	176.9 KB 
ID:	350258  

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    Small things are getting done. The pipe has been dummied up and little mounting tabs added for the hanger. I still need to fabricate something to hang the pipe on under the frame. The subframe has been cleaned up and "extra" bits cut off and it now has a coat of black paint. The tank and seat have been cleaned up and smoothed a fair bit, good enough for a bucket anyway. I've given them a coat of paint in my carport. Hopefully I'll get the 2nd coat a lot better and it will be a lot glossier without too much elbow grease. The paint looks like it will be a pretty good match with my original FZR. I will clean and paint the covers on the engine with high temp aluminium paint. Everything else looks reasonably good and they are starting to stand out as they are a bit manky.

Name:	frame1.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	156.9 KB 
ID:	350323   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	frame2.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	171.1 KB 
ID:	350324   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	frame3.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	182.5 KB 
ID:	350325   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	frame4.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	168.1 KB 
ID:	350326  

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Looking Good.....

Bike
    husaberg
    Silver wheels?

Name:	Page1a.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	350328
    i never realised greg won Bathurst in a car as well..
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    He drove a car like he rode a bike. If the nose was in front then he had the corner. His car racing style was just a bit controversial among the car driving wooses who were used to forcing people wide simply by having a nose up the inside.

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    Got a bit more gloss after the 2nd coat. There might even be enough to flash up the old bucket as well. Despite the paint being very "watery" it has very good coverage. The trick seems to be to spray it on a lot thicker than I was at first and to create a wet layer with only 2-3 passes.

Name:	FZR new paint.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	183.1 KB 
ID:	350332  

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    Looking at both bikes together I have decided that what I need is a seat, ideally an FZR seat, the same as on my original FZR. This would raise the seating position to about where it should be plus provide a comfy workable seat when riding/racing. If anyone has a spare they don't need let me know.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    I liked doing my work closer to the ground. Kinda depends who you are lining up to pilot these. Young flexible chap wouldn't need such frivolities.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Exercycle
    There's a rough one here which came with the stock subframe used when it was Rob's Beast.

Thread Information