Page 58 of 89 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread: #6

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    Pretty much ready to go. The wiring is a bit untidy as I haven't got the ECU fitted in the container properly and a bit of the cable covering is pulled back while I just check a few things. There's a bunch of wiring under this lot going to the crank and cam triggers and the TPS on the throttle bodies
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	overhead wiring 2.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	795.9 KB 
ID:	334998   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	overhead wiring 1.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	774.0 KB 
ID:	335000  

Bike
    Yo momma
    Mike if there were prizes for 'most complex' and or 'longest build' you'd get 'em both.

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    It's so close to going but the interference from the plain wire ignition HT leads causes trigger errors and messes the whole thing up. I've confirmed it by spinning it by hand with injectors and ignition disconnected - no errors. I connected one coil and fitted a plug, spun it over and got errors. So now I'm looking for a set of suppressor type HT leads from a motorbike with plug caps that fit the CR10EK plugs but which I can crimp a connector to for the LS2 coils.
    Dave at Tune Technik gave me a base setup to try based on my motor and although the motor hasn't run, as close at it got the setup he suggested gave the best results. Pretty amazing considering it's nothing like his usual play things. Also dropped in this afternoon to say "Hi" and check the place over. Very nice 4-wheel drive Eddy current dyno all setup in a room with HUGE fans and nice clean tidy workshop and office. He's willing to try and fit the bike on the dyno which I thought was pretty decent of him.

Bike
    Exercycle
    What about off the shelf carbon leads - my local wholesalers have a huge range of lengths.
    The caps - long thin variety - go straight on the CR plugs too.

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    Woohoo

Sorted out brainfade inspired wiring issue, reset a bit of software, and away it went first pull. Spun by hand up on axle stands. Ran about 30seconds and then petered out as it warmed. Back on the dyno this weekend to make a start on the base fuel map and maybe fiddle a bit with the start and post-start maps. The software has a "cranking" fuel map. It doesn't seem configurable what revs it considers "cranking. Currently it is set to "less than 400rpm". The motor spins at 1500rpm when the wheel is spun by hand in 2nd gear so the first map it sees is the post-start map.timing at 20BTDC at the moment will be fine for the moment.

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    Got HT leads from Repco, one red, one black, in the spirit of bucket racing. Red one was only $2 and the perfect length.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by speedpro View Post
    Got HT leads from Repco, one red, one black, in the spirit of bucket racing. Red one was only $2 and the perfect length.
    Canterbury colours - I approve....

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Canterbury colours - I approve....
    Sounds like a reference to rugby. I dissapprove.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Sounds like a reference to rugby. I dissapprove.
    Should I find a pic of my late Auntie Nancy playing Hockey for Canterbury in red and black ?

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Find the one with her on a Speedway bike and then we're talking. See? I am more open minded than one might think.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Find the one with her on a Speedway bike and then we're talking. See? I am more open minded than one might think.
    One probably exists....she was at Teacher's College in ChCh around the time the old man started riding speedway....

Bike
    husaberg
    So it seems was auntie Nancy
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Triple-Boost-Red-Blk-Cami-Susp-Thong_glamour_14jan14_PR_b.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	29.9 KB 
ID:	335397
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    Back on topic. . . .

Ran the bike again tonight, 3rd gear, 1st pull and it's idling away. Played with the fuel map and ignition and after about 5 minutes it went to 1 cylinder then stopped. It was just running off the LiPo battery. When measured it was only 6V

Hooked up the big 12v car battery and away it went. Reset the trigger calibration with the engine running to make sure it was correct. The motor does not like spark at less than 10BTDC.

Blipping it to 5000rpm after it warmed to 70 and playing with fuel and timing it is now quite peppy. It seems happy with about 25BTDC timing and you can hear it pick up or drop off with minor adjustments in fuel or timing.

It will idle happily if left completely alone. Tomorrow I'll try starting it again and just play with the % enrichment to get it to fire up. The main fuel table is pretty good around idle and startup I think.

A pleasant end to what turned out to be a shitty day

Bike
    Exercycle
    As best I can tell from a manual in Japanese, idle timing is 10degrees @1600rpm. Full advance appears to be 44 degrees @ 16000rpm.

Max advance is about par for the course. I'd doubt if it would detonate at that even under boost.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    As best I can tell from a manual in Japanese, idle timing is 10degrees @1600rpm. Full advance appears to be 44 degrees @ 16000rpm.

Max advance is about par for the course. I'd doubt if it would detonate at that even under boost.
    thats what i found as well.

Interstingly the CBR250's run 20 to 23 degrees at 1500rpm depending of model with unknown high rpm
    https://2fiftycc.com/index.php?threa...ications.2521/
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Thread Information