Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 848565758

Thread: #6

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    Pretty much ready to go. The wiring is a bit untidy as I haven't got the ECU fitted in the container properly and a bit of the cable covering is pulled back while I just check a few things. There's a bunch of wiring under this lot going to the crank and cam triggers and the TPS on the throttle bodies
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bike
    Yo momma
    Mike if there were prizes for 'most complex' and or 'longest build' you'd get 'em both.

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    It's so close to going but the interference from the plain wire ignition HT leads causes trigger errors and messes the whole thing up. I've confirmed it by spinning it by hand with injectors and ignition disconnected - no errors. I connected one coil and fitted a plug, spun it over and got errors. So now I'm looking for a set of suppressor type HT leads from a motorbike with plug caps that fit the CR10EK plugs but which I can crimp a connector to for the LS2 coils.
    Dave at Tune Technik gave me a base setup to try based on my motor and although the motor hasn't run, as close at it got the setup he suggested gave the best results. Pretty amazing considering it's nothing like his usual play things. Also dropped in this afternoon to say "Hi" and check the place over. Very nice 4-wheel drive Eddy current dyno all setup in a room with HUGE fans and nice clean tidy workshop and office. He's willing to try and fit the bike on the dyno which I thought was pretty decent of him.

Bike
    Exercycle
    What about off the shelf carbon leads - my local wholesalers have a huge range of lengths.
    The caps - long thin variety - go straight on the CR plugs too.
    Reason is a tool - remember where you left it..... The late, great, John Clarke

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    Woohoo

Sorted out brainfade inspired wiring issue, reset a bit of software, and away it went first pull. Spun by hand up on axle stands. Ran about 30seconds and then petered out as it warmed. Back on the dyno this weekend to make a start on the base fuel map and maybe fiddle a bit with the start and post-start maps. The software has a "cranking" fuel map. It doesn't seem configurable what revs it considers "cranking. Currently it is set to "less than 400rpm". The motor spins at 1500rpm when the wheel is spun by hand in 2nd gear so the first map it sees is the post-start map.timing at 20BTDC at the moment will be fine for the moment.

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    Got HT leads from Repco, one red, one black, in the spirit of bucket racing. Red one was only $2 and the perfect length.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by speedpro View Post
    Got HT leads from Repco, one red, one black, in the spirit of bucket racing. Red one was only $2 and the perfect length.
    Canterbury colours - I approve....
    Reason is a tool - remember where you left it..... The late, great, John Clarke

Thread Information