Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rev-It gear 100% waterproof - my arse!

Bike
    2016 GSXS 1000F
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Spoke to the dealer, response was "did you have the waterproof lining in?", errrr, what does that look like then? Turns out it was still in the bag together with the thermal layer!!

Doh!
    What!!! Without the lining it is close to being a mesh jacket.
    Here for the ride.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Spoke to the dealer, response was "did you have the waterproof lining in?", errrr, what does that look like then? Turns out it was still in the bag together with the thermal layer!!

Doh!
    LMAO!
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    750 auw
    Bahahaha that's where you were supposed to say they exchanged it and it all works fine now. Move along nothing to see here......

Bike
    that one in my sig

Doh!
    bling coming for admitting that.

My Rev'IT pants are great. Never had a problem with them. Personally I think it's some of the best gear there is.

You'll love being able to zip out that lining as it's the waterproof lining that stops the air circulation.

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    For what it's worth, I have a waterproof Rev'it jacket and pants set that go over leathers. They're absolutely impervious to any and all weather conditions; I've ridden in some truly horrendous wind and rain and everything stays bone dry.

The jacket is also quite warm - it adds a significant wind-blocking layer in winter. My Quasi jacket with liner zipped in plus the Rev'it waterproof over-jacket are all I find that I need for riding in weather down to freezing temperature or thereabouts.

The Rev'it waterproof over-pants are good, too - they have a nice open-ended design at the bottom that lets them go on quickly and easily over boots and then be velcro'd round for a tight fit.

In fact, all the Rev'it gear I've seen has been of uniformly high quality. Not cheap, but you get what you pay for.
    kiwibiker is full of love, an disrespect.
    - mikey

Bike
    2017 Husqvarana FS701
    I wear a thin high quality rubbery/plastic sort of rain coat (pants and jacket) over the top of my leathers. Have ridden in TORRENTIAL (I want to drown everything) sort of rain and only had *slightly* wet toes where the air intakes on my Sidi boots sit, and of course my hands as my gloves are sports gloves, not all season anti-wet ones. The rain coat rolls up small enough to fit into a back pack, and flexible enough to allow me to wear a back pack underneath so that everything gets home dry. I look like a cock, but at least I am dry!
    Nail your colours to the mast that all may look upon them and know who you are.
    It takes a big man to cry...and an even bigger man to laugh at that man.

Bike
    2017 Husqvarana FS701
    http://sites.yellow.co.nz/site/farms...0Clothing.html

The above is the supplier, and items SF110 & Sf112 look like the items that I use. Not sure of cost, they were free for me through work.
    Nail your colours to the mast that all may look upon them and know who you are.
    It takes a big man to cry...and an even bigger man to laugh at that man.

Bike
    2016 Africa Twin DCT & 2015 Indian Chief
    Happened to be looking around for soem gear today when I came across Rev'it at Wellington MC. Gave a load s**t about how waterproof Rev'it is, but then confessed he 'didn't have a clue about the fabric'.

From my perspective I have two issues with the Rev'it system (possibly applicable to others also, just have not looked yet):

1 - The very fact that the 'waterproofing' comes from a seperate and internal liner tells you immediately that the external layer is not waterproof. Therefore, why would you want to ride in a jacket that leaks from the first layer and traps water between 2 internal layers?

2 - The outer jacket had holes all over it. For example, "gimmicks" such a s hole for your iPod leads, small vents all over it where the rubber seals do not meet and allow water through etc...

All up, this jacket seemed:
    - poorly designed
    - over engineered
    - over priced (well, it was Wellington MC's!!)

Bike
    that one in my sig
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Lander View Post
    Happened to be looking around for soem gear today when I came across Rev'it at Wellington MC. Gave a load s**t about how waterproof Rev'it is, but then confessed he 'didn't have a clue about the fabric'.

From my perspective I have two issues with the Rev'it system (possibly applicable to others also, just have not looked yet):

1 - The very fact that the 'waterproofing' comes from a seperate and internal liner tells you immediately that the external layer is not waterproof. Therefore, why would you want to ride in a jacket that leaks from the first layer and traps water between 2 internal layers?
    Ahh... Codura isn't waterproof.. All waterproof jackets use a lining.

The difference is most you can't remove the lining. Being able to remove it means you get mega airflow. It's a big bonus for the Rev'IT jackets that use that system. Not all of them zip out.

2 - The outer jacket had holes all over it. For example, "gimmicks" such a s hole for your iPod leads, small vents all over it where the rubber seals do not meet and allow water through etc...

All up, this jacket seemed:
    - poorly designed
    - over engineered
    - over priced (well, it was Wellington MC's!!)
    How odd. My opinion on Rev'IT gear is the total opposite. It's functional, practical and safe. Not sure which jacket you were looking at but they have ones designed for scooters vs commuting vs touring vs racing. All have radically different features.

Sounds like you were looking at the ignition which is designed as an airmesh jacket that can be converted to waterproof. Not a waterproof jacket for touring in (where you need waterproof pockets etc).

Bike
    2016 Africa Twin DCT & 2015 Indian Chief
    From memory it was the Expedition jacket....

Bike
    2015 HD Street 500
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    http://sites.yellow.co.nz/site/farms...0Clothing.html

The above is the supplier, and items SF110 & Sf112 look like the items that I use. Not sure of cost, they were free for me through work.
    I have a similar out fit in bright orange
    dryer than dry as a bone stckmans oilskin coats
    Bright orange so the retards in the cars can see me through the fogged up windows!
    May look like an orange lollipop on the road, but Im seen!And jacket goes over all my gear no problems

Gloves have their own water proof liners built in to a little zip pocket on the cuff. just pull it out, slip it over the fingers and carry on, dry hands all the way
    To be old and wise, first you must be young and stupid.

Bike
    GSF1200sk3, DR650k6
    Blog Entries
    Dri rider gear is all built in
    put it on and go

Bike
    2007 ZX-14
    From memory it was the Expedition jacket....
    Yeah that's the jacket I have - will reserve further judgement until I've put it through it's paces during winter (agree it seems odd about having a waterproof layer under the jacket). On the positive side, the fit and overall quality is awesome!
    Better to keep quiet and have people think you're stupid than open your mouth and prove it!

Bike
    2001 RC46
    Blog Entries

Doh!
    You're a cock!
    But a brave man for admitting your faux pas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    I wear a thin high quality rubbery/plastic sort of rain coat (pants and jacket) over the top of my leathers.
    Yeah.
    That's basically the best way to go: keep the water on the outside.
    I've got some Motoline overpants that are excellent for that. The only problem is that some/most/all waterproof overgear is slippery and doesn't breathe. Plus it often flaps around in the breeze.
    I think I made a tactical error buying a high-tech "four seasons" jacket - it would've been better to have bought an ornery jacket and a Motoline over-jacket (if you can still buy them). But I liked the idea of not having to stop to put stuff on when the weather changes.
    Like it ever does that in D'Auckland...
    ... and that's what I think.

Or summat.

Or maybe not...

Dunno really....

Bike
    2008 Hayabusa
    Thought I'd treat myself with buying some new Rev-It winter gear to go with the new bike, but it seems the "100% waterproof" textile jacket is far from it - in only a light shower this morning it leaked badly across the chest and arms - leaving me with nice wet patches on my work shirt

Anybody else had problems with Rev-it stuff?? First call this morning is to the dealer!

Matt
    I've got Rev'it jacket with "waterproof membrane" this really is 100% waterproof its awesome, and Rev'it pants, which are just "waterproof" though they let in a little bit of water in really bad weather.
    Save me Jebus!! Save me!!

Thread Information