Thread: Gear shift linkage rod help.

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250

Gear shift linkage rod help.

Got a NSR250 framed 600 Honda powered bitsa that i am trying to get trackworthy and amongst other things i need a gear linkage rod,being resourceful i tried the one of the oem rearsets off the TL that were doing nothing on a shelf,perfect length but after doing one end up thinking i was a clever bastard i found the other has a left hand thread,can i reverse the thread tap/dye or do i have to get another rod made to suit?
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Bike
    Honda PC800
    --Sorry bro--reversing the same size thread aint the go
    The easiest way is to use the factory linkage--cut it then weld in a lenth of tube in the midddle
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    Quote Originally Posted by FROSTY View Post
    --Sorry bro--reversing the same size thread aint the go
    The easiest way is to use the factory linkage--cut it then weld in a lenth of tube in the midddle
    Yea mate cheers...........had visions of getting away with it using a few miles of thread tape.
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Sometimes I friggin HATE KB---Woke up in the middle of the night thinking--"must message tls back"
    have a look at the two rose joints--the one on the honda gearshift and the one on the doner gearshift. You MAY be able to press the rose joint appart and swap em--then Bingo reverse thread problem solved
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    FXR1fiddy
    Quote Originally Posted by 98tls View Post
    Got a NSR250 framed 600 Honda powered bitsa that i am trying to get trackworthy and amongst other things i need a gear linkage rod,being resourceful i tried the one of the oem rearsets off the TL that were doing nothing on a shelf,perfect length but after doing one end up thinking i was a clever bastard i found the other has a left hand thread,can i reverse the thread tap/dye or do i have to get another rod made to suit?
    When I broke mine on my ZXR400 I made up one from a small turnbuckle. They come with everything you need.

edit: Just went out side and looked at how I did it. Cut the eyelet off the rev thread side, and and then made up a bit for the other side out of bit of rod. Can get you a photo if you want?

edit edit: Just read what you posted properly, if you are just looking for some rev threaded rod, then you can get a small turnbuckle and hack it up, if they are long enough.

Thread Information