Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Internal University Parking

Bike
    1993 Honda CB250 Jade
    eek.. unfortunately i would be that idiot :S i had only been meaning to stop for about 20mins to catch up with a mate in the carpark but got dragged off to do something else, This is the first time i have seen this forum and will not be doing it again

Bike
    Too many to count
    Quote Originally Posted by simonw View Post
    eek.. unfortunately i would be that idiot :S i had only been meaning to stop for about 20mins to catch up with a mate in the carpark but got dragged off to do something else, This is the first time i have seen this forum and will not be doing it again
    good on ya

you a club member? either way come to the chiller on friday and say hi

Bike
    1993 Honda CB250 Jade

nah

i am not at uni this semester so haven't joined the club and haven't actually seen any of the stands for it before, if i can i will head up on friday

Bike
    AX100 "Poppy"
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by simonw View Post
    i am not at uni this semester so haven't joined the club and haven't actually seen any of the stands for it before, if i can i will head up on friday
    If you are wanting to join and get emails etc just PM Squiggles with your full name, email address, he will add you and we can grab the dolalr off you at a chiller/ ride sometime

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education ~ Mark Twain

Vegetarian Motorcyclists Unite

Bike
    Too many to count
    lol on saturday i saw a scooter parked outside engineering entrance, 3rd floor by the underpass

no number plate

middle of footpath

unisafe officer standing next to it figuring out what to do

considering there's a perfectly good staircase to park behind/under just a few metres away from that park, it looked pretty stupid from where i was standing

Bike
    Like Dani Pedrosa's RC211V now!
    Quote Originally Posted by motorbyclist View Post
    lol on saturday i saw a scooter parked outside engineering entrance, 3rd floor by the underpass

no number plate

middle of footpath

considering there's a perfectly good staircase to park behind/under just a few metres away from that park, it looked pretty stupid from where i was standing
    Taking the number plate away ...hmmm...now that's a goood idea...
    Don't just live to ride but ride to live.

Bike
    Phurball's Mountain Bike and CB900
    ROLF "try and ticket me now biaaarch!!!"
    "Rock is dead" - Jim Morrison

Keep your eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel

Bike
    Too many to count
    oh did for get to mention the officer using his radio/cellphone and next time i looked the scooter was gone?

either owner popped in for 15 minutes or got towed... or stolen

and to whoever thought it funny to stick their orange parking sticker on my tank: upon finding that it wouldn't come off and left the backing/adhesives behind my exact words were "you fucking cunt what the fuck did you think you were doing" - why my bike of all bikes? why on the paint? why do this at all? having the shiniest paint does not mean "put stickers on me". asshole.

i was properly parked within the painted zone, had not parked anyone in, and hadn't parked sideways like half the retards down there do

Bike
    hornetalicious
    Quote Originally Posted by motorbyclist View Post

no number plate

middle of footpath

i happen to know that scooter and its owner..a mate gave it to him for free cause he cudnt start it but the guy found it was an electrical fault and got it done straightaway..soo he scored himself a free scooter..hope its not stolen....
    For those of you whose use the fast lane on motorways and only do a 100km/hr, can you pls use the middle lane, some of us like to ride at 105km/hr thank you very much.

Bike
    hey hanne,
    thanks for the note you left on my bike, and as much as i respect and like you as a person, i havnt seen any bikes parked in that area asked to be moved by the uni guys so i shall continue to park in that spot if the other area is full. somehow, i doubt that bikes parked in an area that the uni obviously doesnt mind bikes parking in will jeopardise the future of parking for all bikers.....nice gesture though

Bike
    '08 DR650
    Quote Originally Posted by bomma View Post
    somehow, i doubt that bikes parked in an area that the uni obviously doesnt mind bikes parking in will jeopardise the future of parking for all bikers.....nice gesture though
    So were you parked on the footpath or not? that is what they do mind after all

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Squiggles View Post
    So were you parked on the footpath or not?
    nope wasnt parked on the foot path, was parked next to a carpark

Bike
    hornetalicious
    Quote Originally Posted by bomma View Post
    nope wasnt parked on the foot path, was parked next to a carpark
    bahahahaha....
    For those of you whose use the fast lane on motorways and only do a 100km/hr, can you pls use the middle lane, some of us like to ride at 105km/hr thank you very much.

Bike
    Yamaha/Honda, might get a dirt bike next
    Hey guys, I'm new here so a bit of patience would be greatly appreciated if I ask some stupid questions Been looking around for a bike so I can cut down on my traveling cost to uni, but anyway, that's for another thread... have a quick question about where I can park near the Architecture building:

I took a walk around the architecture carpark last week, and was wondering if it's possible to park there (please see first pic, the area marked red in the link below - I think that's the place I was at, my sense of direction is horrible!).

To get there, I have to get past a barrier, which is marked in blue in the map, and the second photo attached is the barrier.

Lastly, the place I would like to park if I'm allowed in the last photo.

There is a steel rack type thing that I can chain my (future) bike to, and I think if I park perpendicular to how the car parks, I should be able to leave plenty of room for people to walk...? Any comments/suggestions/etc are much appreciated!! Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map.PNG 
Views:	13 
Size:	75.7 KB 
ID:	98254   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	barrier.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	315.8 KB 
ID:	98255   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	parking.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	118.1 KB 
ID:	98256  

Bike
    '08 DR650
    Woops, i didnt reply to your pm. I had a look at where you're talking about, should be sweetas there i reckon, it is the spot that i meant to point out on the picture

Thread Information