Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Internal University Parking

Bike
    MC19
    I rode through today as the guy was repairing the arm so had no problems getting in. When it came to parking tho the guy with the gn had his helmet hanging off his bike, making it near impossible getting into what was a good sized space without scratching up his helmet, or melting it on my exhaust.

Bike
    '08 DR650
    Quote Originally Posted by shingo View Post
    I rode through today as the guy was reapring the arm so had no problems getting in. When it came to parking tho the guy with the gn had his helmet hanging off his bike, making it near impossible getting into what was a good sized space without scratching up his helmet, or melting it on my exhaust.
    rofl, thats my gn and hannes helmet

Bike
    VFR400, ZX9R, GSXR750, ZXR750, TRX850
    Quote Originally Posted by Squiggles View Post
    rofl, thats my gn and hannes helmet
    Ha well I managed to fit in there, just took a bit of leaning angle to work my way in

Bike
    MC19
    I got in but couldnt get off my bike very easily, plus the guys who owns the gpx wouldn've had a hard time getting his bike out if he was leaving before me. Doesn't matter tho i got a park in another spot anyway.

Bike
    2004 snow white, k1 beast
    we need a ramp on that footpath one of my noob mates found it hard to get his rear up, he managed but after several attempts....haha
    Terrorist are people too.....

Bike
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by ehab2weelr View Post
    we need a ramp on that footpath one of my noob mates found it hard to get his rear up, he managed but after several attempts....haha
    Really? 18" wheels can't make that much difference, surely, but I just try and hit it as flat as possible, never had a problem. I sort of half stand on my pegs, too, but that's just habit for lumpy bits rather than necessity.

On a similar note, you know that wooden sleeper that sits behind the angled parking next to the cage (presumably to stop cars going too far forward), I tried riding over that yesterday (no car in the park), rather than do an 18-point turn the normal way (VFR restricting entrance angles somewhat). Front wheel went over fine, but the back wheel just wouldn't -- wheelspinning, then the engine stalled. Started it, wheelspin again, stalled -- and couldn't start So I couldn't go forward, and I'm fucked if I could get the front wheel back over the sleeper. Stuck!

Thank god for light little narrow singles, I ended up lifting the front back over with one hand on the forks. Won't try that again

Bike
    Too many to count
    i had a chat today with the graduate who was parking his cbr250 behind the gym and sticking onto the path. explained the situation and he parked parallel.

Quote Originally Posted by xerxesdaphat View Post
    (VFR restricting entrance angles somewhat)
    was that me? i don't remember parking you in.... though i did block the streetmagic off a bit when i parked in that parallel spot i park in occasionally

Bike
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by motorbyclist View Post
    was that me? i don't remember parking you in.... though i did block the streetmagic off a bit when i parked in that parallel spot i park in occasionally
    No there was absolutely no problem parking there, whoever it was (next to the big concrete pillar), it just meant I had to do a few point-turns. I was lazy, and thought I'd just bounce over that wooden sleeper from behind and go straight into the empty spot. Didn't work! So I had to carefully back it in anyway lol.

Bike
    AX100 "Poppy"
    Blog Entries
    the guy with the gn had his helmet hanging off his bike, making it near impossible getting into what was a good sized space without scratching up his helmet, or melting it on my exhaust.
    Haha can't have been me then!

Sorry about that, i did wonder if it was enough room... hopefully my zzr is back in action by next week and regular helmet locking procedures can continue!

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education ~ Mark Twain

Vegetarian Motorcyclists Unite

Bike
    hornetalicious
    im ever soo happy we got that internal parking back...hermm..cant imagine myself parking anywhere else..
    For those of you whose use the fast lane on motorways and only do a 100km/hr, can you pls use the middle lane, some of us like to ride at 105km/hr thank you very much.

Bike
    Too many to count
    soz shingo, i imagine i was parked a bit close to your bike once you leant it off the stand

was in too much of a hurry to move it and the green thing across 6 inches

Bike
    MC19
    Quote Originally Posted by motorbyclist View Post
    soz shingo, i imagine i was parked a bit close to your bike once you leant it off the stand

was in too much of a hurry to move it and the green thing across 6 inches
    It was a little close so we just tilted your bike out the way so i could get out.

Has anyone confirmed if the arm lifts automatically when you ride up to it? I tried it yesterday and nothing happened.

Bike
    Too many to count
    nah you need to use an access card, i'm assuming mine doesn't work so just go over the kerb and thru the gap

Bike
    MC19
    Yeah i saw the sign on my way out today. It wouldnt be so bad if the construction guys didnt park so close to the concrete pillar making it hard to get up on the path.
    Didnt matter today as i followed a car both in and out

Bike
    2010 Yamaha R1
    Has anyone confirmed if the arm lifts automatically when you ride up to it? I tried it yesterday and nothing happened.
    Yip you def need a pass - as an alternative which no one else has mentioned - I ride straight past the cages towards the Muslim prayer space, take a hard right just before it and go down the ramp, you end out in another carpark which has direct access to the street

Thread Information