Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Internal University Parking

Bike
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by Filterer View Post
    Yip you def need a pass - as an alternative which no one else has mentioned - I ride straight past the cages towards the Muslim prayer space, take a hard right just before it and go down the ramp, you end out in another carpark which has direct access to the street
    Serious??! Gah, never new that existed. Awesome. Does it come out in the little one-way uphill street that goes up to Symonds St?

Bike
    MC19
    Quote Originally Posted by xerxesdaphat View Post
    Serious??! Gah, never new that existed. Awesome. Does it come out in the little one-way uphill street that goes up to Symonds St?
    Yep it does. The ramp on the stairs is a little steep, but i'm sure the mighty cb will handle it. I'm to chicken shit to try going up or down it, last thing i want to do is drop my bike

Bike
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by shingo View Post
    Yep it does. The ramp on the stairs is a little steep, but i'm sure the mighty cb will handle it. I'm to chicken shit to try going up or down it, last thing i want to do is drop my bike
    Can you come from the other direction?

Bike
    R80, CB400N, Cb200.
    You could try. It's a steep ramp.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Banks View Post
    Yes, but bikes = cool and cars = suck. I think it's Newton's fourth law or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Dover View Post
    Queer Retarded Fags I think.

Isn't sniper one of those?

Bike
    MC19
    Yep. If you come in the driveway, follow if round to the right you get to a covered walkway. Turn right into there and hit the ramp with a bit of speed and you should be good. I rode a streetmagic up it a couple times without any problems. There is also a little area just before the ramp on the left that you can park your bike in too.

Bike
    -
    Awesome. Sounds like a challenge

Who's going to bring a video camera to get the footage for Youtube when I arse off?

Bike
    R80, CB400N, Cb200.
    Know how, can do.
    Yes, but bikes = cool and cars = suck. I think it's Newton's fourth law or something.

Bike
    '08 DR650
    Alternatively you can park in the dark bay just before the ramp

Bike
    R80, CB400N, Cb200.
    Where's the fun in that?

Bike
    Too many to count
    i see they have painted NO parking all around that walkway under the commons and officially marked the cage parking as bike parking

as for doing a mission around the walkways and going up/down what i remember to be wooden ramps, why not just squeeze through the gap by the gate? if me and stephen can manage it with our behemoths you guys can too!
    one of the major issues that we/unsafe has is the walkways becoming partially blocked by bikes, and pedestrians not knowing wtf to do when they come across one of us riding in a walkway - so i'd suggest NOT going that way, or through ANY walkway for that matter

i sure wish that idiot cage driver didn't start parking at an angle to stop me using that spot i took a few times

Bike
    2010 Yamaha R1
    Yes but I wouldn't - the mighty GN makes it down no trouble but I wouldn't want to go up it

Quote Originally Posted by motorbyclist View Post
    as for doing a mission around the walkways and going up/down what i remember to be wooden ramps, why not just squeeze through the gap by the gate? if me and stephen can manage it with our behemoths you guys can too!
    one of the major issues that we/unsafe has is the walkways becoming partially blocked by bikes, and pedestrians not knowing wtf to do when they come across one of us riding in a walkway - so i'd suggest NOT going that way, or through ANY walkway for that matter
    The reality is that the going down the ramp you are pretty much on the footpath for the same distance as if you were parked at the end of the cage and had to leave out the main gate. If you are parked parallel to the cage you then have to reverse a good 5 meters, and then you also have to go up the footpath to get out the carpark by the gates.

Yes it is wooden, not quite sure why you highlighted that fact, its under cover so doesn't get wet and slippery

Bike
    '08 DR650
    alternatively, if you want to enter that way, you can park just before the ramp, in the alcove... that area has been ok'd and saves you riding up and down the ramp... I would just do the obvious and go past the barrier on princess

Bike
    2004 snow white, k1 beast
    its so much simpler to just go up the footpath....come on ppl do u want ur bike stuck up a ramp?? i dont care il take the footpath i mean if my over sized gsx can make it without even taken my feet off the pegs im sure any one can too....
    Terrorist are people too.....

Bike
    '08 DR650
    Quote Originally Posted by ehab2weelr View Post
    its so much simpler to just go up the footpath....come on ppl do u want ur bike stuck up a ramp?? i dont care il take the footpath i mean if my over sized gsx can make it without even taken my feet off the pegs im sure any one can too....
    Yer, its all good to enter through the ped gap beside the barrier, but just dont enter off symonds down the walkway

Bike
    Too many to count
    Quote Originally Posted by Squiggles View Post
    alternatively, if you want to enter that way, you can park just before the ramp, in the alcove... that area has been ok'd and saves you riding up and down the ramp... I would just do the obvious and go past the barrier on princess
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Filterer View Post
    Yes it is wooden, not quite sure why you highlighted that fact, its under cover so doesn't get wet and slippery
    less than ideal traction, and we don't know how strong it is. wouldn't look good to the uni if a motorbike riding a footpath broke a disabled access ramp

though i didn't realise it was such a short distance

Thread Information