Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Internal University Parking

Bike
    R80, CB400N, Cb200.
    Sweet. I'll continue to park there then. _b
    Quote Originally Posted by John Banks View Post
    Yes, but bikes = cool and cars = suck. I think it's Newton's fourth law or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Dover View Post
    Queer Retarded Fags I think.

Isn't sniper one of those?

Bike
    MC19
    Quote Originally Posted by Squiggles View Post
    They'll be getting shitty at the large number of people using the symonds street entrance...
    You may know this already but the the people who ride that R6 and vt250 in the pic andrew took both use the symonds street entrance, so you could write them a nicely friendly note telling them off.

Bike
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by Squiggles View Post
    They'll be getting shitty at the large number of people using the symonds street entrance...
    Ah, I haven't seen anybody else do it yet, but I had a word to a guy on a moped who came screaming down the walkway then popped in to get his books from his locker. Thought I was telling him off I had to explain that I was nobody important, but that we were getting a telling off last semester for coming down there.

We don't park down there any more, why do people come that way? Isn't it much shorter to go through the carpark (that being where people are trying to get to?).

Also, while I'm here, I thought I'd mention this; you guys know the little bit of parking you can get to by riding down the stairs (go past the under-quad parking next to the cages, turn right)? There's a shit-load of old desks and crap dumped in the motorcycle parking bit. They've moved some now but it's still taking up a fair bit of space, not much room once three mopeds are parked in there. The `CYCLE PARKING' adjacent to this bit is never used. Who should I email to check if it's necessary to use parking spaces as storage areas for old furniture?

Bike
    THE XS is GONE, long live the across
    Blog Entries
    yeah, i saw that area, but I thought hmm, 2 mopends that CAN"T PARK always park there, taking up a massive amount of space, and its in a nice dreary place that looks dodgy.

Bike
    Too many to count
    Quote Originally Posted by shingo View Post
    You may know this already but the the people who ride that R6 and vt250 in the pic andrew took both use the symonds street entrance, so you could write them a nicely friendly note telling them off.
    i have "told off" a few guys so far, or rather explained the situation, so tell me when they go through and i'll see if i can get to them

i dont like notes as i think bikers respond better to a face-to-face explanation of why they should bother going the 'proper' way, and these guys clearly can't read anyway

Quote Originally Posted by xerxesdaphat View Post
    Also, while I'm here, I thought I'd mention this; you guys know the little bit of parking you can get to by riding down the stairs (go past the under-quad parking next to the cages, turn right)?
    you can get there from the road without battling stairs btw, alot of bikes park around in that area within the science buildings (including a brand new blue r6)

Bike
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by motorbyclist View Post
    you can get there from the road without battling stairs btw, alot of bikes park around in that area within the science buildings (including a brand new blue r6)
    But the stairs are so much fun!

Bike
    04 z1000

more parks

im sure they could arrange for more parking down there as well, cos if i come in after 9.30 its hard to find a park there used to be a bin near the enterance to the back lockers and that has been moved, so could we park there??

Bike
    Blog Entries
    New Parking For CP 36 (Outside Physics Building)

Just got talked to by a guy from unisafe, who said these places were fine. Might still want Squig to go talk to them about it and make these official, but you shouldn't have a problem parking here.

First is up against the left wall, this one I'm less sure about, it seems to be partially used for bins, but theres alot of space, if squig wants to chat to them about it. A unisafe guy did point it out to me
    http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s...f/DSC00387.jpg

Second is a nice gap that a car can't park in (You can see on the right is a pole, it blocks them). Its about halfway down on the left hand section of the middle car parks
    http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s...f/DSC00386.jpg

This one you can see the wall for the first bit, and the second bit, a bit better
    http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s...f/DSC00388.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00386.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	200.2 KB 
ID:	102883   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00387.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	192.6 KB 
ID:	102884   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00388.JPG 
Views:	6 
Size:	191.3 KB 
ID:	102885  

Bike
    '08 DR650
    ill take another look at the wall, i'd be a bit concerned about backing cars, but the other two spots are good, just keep clear of the car doors

Bike
    Blog Entries
    the spots are the same, its just from a different perspective, but there are other areas that are now "free" if you look.

The one against the wall, if you look while in there, they'd have to back quite far to hit you, though I suppose its possible.

Difficult to show perspective with a puny phone camera, but the wall has about a car space before the 'road' bit which itself is a car length wide

Bike
    '08 DR650

Bike
    '08 DR650
    I think i'll have to split this thread up/create a new one

Having met Robert (Head of Carparking) today, theres a shite load of parking (new) arising for us to use. All 5 levels of OGG have copious amounts, there is also a new stretch behind architecture. Up at grafton several places have been also been marked out. Many of the new spots will soon be acquiring bars to chain bikes to.

I've also spoken to Building services in OGG, if we can put together a good proposal for the installation of lockers in OGG, then theres a very good chance it'll happen... More to come in the next club newsletter

Bike
    MC19
    Nice work Mr President.

To bad i wont be around next year to take advantage of any of the developments.

Bike
    R80, CB400N, Cb200.
    Viva el presidente!
    Quote Originally Posted by John Banks View Post
    Yes, but bikes = cool and cars = suck. I think it's Newton's fourth law or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Dover View Post
    Queer Retarded Fags I think.

Isn't sniper one of those?

Bike
    Blog Entries
    You keep going on about these 'club newsletters', but i have never seen the results.

Either way, good job. Any word on them labelling more of the 'spaces' outside the physics building as actual parking?

Thread Information