Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast

Thread: Internal University Parking

Bike
    1986 Honda GB 400F
    Is it that place hidden in the dark that you access from Wellesley St?

Bike
    VFR400 NC30 "Silver Surfer"
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae View Post
    Is it that place hidden in the dark that you access from Wellesley St?
    Yep, thats where I park. Was asking about the place just around the corner from that, on the edge of the staff car park.

Bike
    1986 Honda GB 400F
    Quote Originally Posted by jono035 View Post
    Yep, thats where I park. Was asking about the place just around the corner from that, on the edge of the staff car park.
    Oh yeah yeah! I think I know it. Walking to the compsci labs I see a few bikes parked out there.

Bike
    THE XS is GONE, long live the across
    Blog Entries
    ah yes, the one you access by going round the side... personally since you have to get there from princes street I just use cp36.

Still, gsx accross ftw

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Real_Wolf View Post
    ah yes, the one you access by going round the side... personally since you have to get there from princes street I just use cp36.

Still, gsx accross ftw
    Well it's pretty much directly under where the lab where I live currently, so nice and convenient. Apparently the trick is not to park at the very edge, because one of the guys had his scooter coated in peach schnapps and then later vomited on...

Bike
    04' ZXr6
    Does anyone know about motorcycle parkings in the Auckland uni Grafton (Medical campus)?

Parked my bike yesterday next to the front entrance, about 1-2 meters away from the pushbike rack (didn't want to park near there cuz it will block the spaces for pushbikes).

So when I get home I got this orange sticker on my seat, it basically says that I need to park my "cycle" next to the cycle stand otherwise they will lock it up...etc

So just wondering if I can just park my "cycle" next to the pushbike rack. If I can then sweet but would be silly cuz I will be blocking most of it Tried ringing the uni parking warden this morning but no one seems to ever be there.

any idea?

Bike
    '08 DR650
    I believe theres a dedicated motorcycle park up at Grafton, will try to trawl through my emails this evening for details

Bike
    04' ZXr6
    Regarding to the Grafton carpark:

Called Rob the parking warden today- can't park motorbike around push bike stand...

There is actually a motorbike parking space inside Auckland Hospital (at the end of a on ramp) , which is not university property but can be used by members of public. Gonna go and check it out tomorrow!

Bike
    Black
    Quote Originally Posted by Squiggles View Post
    I believe theres a dedicated motorcycle park up at Grafton, will try to trawl through my emails this evening for details
    There used to be motorcycle parking in the carpark at the front of the building with the cafe in it, however that is now gone (replaced currently by a large hole in the ground).

The motorcycle park at the hospital is next to the old hospital building front entrance, in the space where the brick building was demolished a year or so ago. Go up the ramp to your right as you turn in from Park Avenue. It's fairly full most of the time however.

Bike
    '08 DR650
    Quote Originally Posted by MacD View Post
    (replaced currently by a large hole in the ground).
    thats the one!

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    There are a number of signed motorcycle park areas at Auckland Hospital.

The one to the right as you enter from from Park Road (opposite where the Wallace block used to be until barbarians struck); another one smaller but usually has vacant space , enter from Grafton road , the first hospital entrance going down the hill, ride around a little and it's on the right just by the "back door", opposite the other carpark building entrance.

Another one (mainly used by scooters it's probably a bit tight for a big bike, past the main entrance , bear down the hill (internal road) a bit and its on the left, off the road a bit.

Basically just ride around and see where there are bikes parked.

And in the lower carpark itself there are bike spaces allocated (maybe in the top one too, don't know).
    And , if you find an out of the way niche , that does NOT ahve a "no parking" or "No motorcycles" sign, they don't seem to mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    1987 VFR400 NC24
    There was some fun to be had this morning... In CP36 there was a unisafe??? I assume guy telling everyone who wasn't parking in the marked motorcycle parking that they won't be allowed to park there anymore. So I think there will be lots of yellow stickers are on the horzion haha
    Theres a hole in the sky, through which things can fly

Bike
    '08 DR650
    Quote Originally Posted by Folcan View Post
    There was some fun to be had this morning... In CP36 there was a unisafe??? I assume guy telling everyone who wasn't parking in the marked motorcycle parking that they won't be allowed to park there anymore. So I think there will be lots of yellow stickers are on the horzion haha
    That'd be right, theres still a couple of dicks coming in from symonds st and parking in the way...

Bike
    1987 VFR400 NC24
    I doubt anything will happen. but the guy was also saying that he will speak to management or something about marking out more parks or something.. yea right haha
    Theres a hole in the sky, through which things can fly

Bike
    That change is a bit of a bastard, means I've got to park in that dark little hole again which means either a U-turn or illegal right hand turn out onto symonds street to get home... Bah.

Thread Information